|
|
| Author |
Message |
| mattyfattyboo... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattyfattyboo... Scooby Slapper
Joined: 05 Feb 2014 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:20 - 17 Mar 2015 Post subject: Some new kit needed, security, luggage, boots, gloves..... |
 |
|
It's coming up to a year since I started riding now, for the coming season a need some new bits. I'm off on a 4 day tour next month so need to get my arse in gear.
I've got a fairly basic kit from JTS, jacket, trousers, boots, gloves etc. All suppose to be waterproof but after 2 rides they're not anymore. I was tempted to buy new jacket and trousers but I'm on a health kick and dont want to buy stuff for it to me too big for me in 6 months so for now I've bought some waterproof over trousers and jacket. Other stuff I need now though....
Gloves, I have some summer gloves which are alright but not warm enough for cooler weather, understandably. I dont ride in proper -5 degrees so I'm not needing extreme protection but something that'll keep the chill off in 5 degree temps while also leave me with some feeling in my fingers. I've got some triumph gloves my dad gave to me, they're warm but too thick to feel much with them.
Boots, I've been looking at the shorter type of boot like these
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/95911
but are there any drawbacks to them? Seem to be a bit more comfortable, especially to walk in.
Luggage, I'm looking at tail packs, mainly for ease of use, they dont get in the way and they're not mega money. Kriega US20 seems to be the best bet from my quick research, anyone used one or got any other suggestions worth looking at?
Lastly, some security. My bike is a toy more than a tool for commuting, it lives in my garage, I live in a reasonably safe area so if I go to work it's alright in the car park outside reception and if I nip to a shop it's ok for 10 min so up till now I havent bothered with chains, locks etc. That said, with this trip soon and the fact I am quite attached to the bike now it's probably a good idea to get something even if it's just a deterrent. I was looking at this
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/140286
Seems to get reasonable reviews, small enough to chuck under the seat so it's always with the bike and reasonably versatile. The other tow guys on the trip are taking chains so I can just be the link between them but I could set this and throw it under the seat maybe so if anyone tried to move the bikes it'd go off unexpectedly.
Thanks in advance [/code][/url] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moo. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moo. World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:54 - 17 Mar 2015 Post subject: Re: Some new kit needed, security, luggage, boots, gloves... |
 |
|
| mattyfattyboomboom wrote: | |
Meh, 6mm pin is really wimpy, no double locking so a good shove with a screw driver could crack it off.
I'd rather have this one https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/140224
14mm pin, and double locks.
Supposed it all depends if you just want a deterrent, or a long term security solution..
If someone really wants your bike, they will nick it... ____________________ A2 Passed 18/6/10 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Apr 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Matt B |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt B World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 May 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:26 - 17 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Datatool Devil 1000 Disc Lock can be had on ebay for £14, with the reminder cable. They are (apparently) Thatcham approved.
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EhvnDKiAL._SY300_.jpg
Kriega - I got a US30 this week ready for France later in the year, and also because -Matt- got one and I want to be like him Excellent bit of kit and would recommend. Glad I went for the 30 though, think the 20 may have been too small for me.
EDIT - boots. I have some short boots like that. They are great but if the legs of your denims get blown up you get cold legs. ____________________ stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flatbadger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flatbadger World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Apr 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:26 - 17 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thatcham is very effective..
At being a town in Berkshire, at least.  ____________________ If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moo. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moo. World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Matt B |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt B World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 May 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:25 - 18 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thats the one
For £14 it will act as a decent initial visual deterrent to the 'Chav in a van' if nothing else. Better something than nothing just to put them off and slow them down.
Amazes me how many people don't bother. I parked in a multi-storey in Peterborough this morning (I still feel dirty). 2 peds, one of those little Harley things and an ER6 with not a single security device on them. I locked the Pan to the provided rail and walked off wondering how many bikes get lifted in the area. ____________________ stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moo. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moo. World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|