 ScaredyCat World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 May 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:08 - 22 Mar 2015 Post subject: The Man Who Takes Care of Fukushima’s Animals |
 |
|
| Quote: |
Naoto Matsumura is the man who stayed behind.
Known as “the last man from Fukushima“, 55-year-old Matsumura is the only person still living in the exclusion zone around the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, which suffered a meltdown after the major earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan on March 11, 2011.
It began with the animals on his family’s farm. Having left home with his parents at the start of the nuclear disaster, Matsumura returned alone to check on the farm dogs, who hadn’t been fed for several days.
“When I did eventually feed them, the neighbours’ dogs started going crazy,” he told Vice magazine in 2011. “I went over to check on them and found that they were all still tied up. Everyone in town left thinking they would be back home in a week or so, I guess.
“From then on, I fed all the cats and dogs every day. They couldn’t stand the wait, so they’d all gather around barking up a storm as soon as they heard my truck. Everywhere I went there was always barking. Like, ‘we’re thirsty’ or, ‘we don’t have any food.’ So I just kept making the rounds.”
They also told me that I wouldn’t get sick for 30 or 40 years. I’ll most likely be dead by then anyway, so I couldn’t care less. |
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/fukushima/fukushima-animals-3.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/fukushima/fukushima-animals-5.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/fukushima/fukushima-animals-6.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/fukushima/fukushima-animals-8.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/fukushima/fukushima-radioactive-disaster-abandoned-animal-guardian-naoto-matsumura-6.jpg ____________________ Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple |
|
 Rogue_Shadow World Chat Champion
Joined: 10 May 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:45 - 22 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
He'll have a small loyal army in no time
Cool guy  |
|
 Tungtvann World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Dec 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:35 - 23 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
 Jocklad Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 17 Mar 2015 Karma :   
|
|
 Polarbear Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:03 - 23 Mar 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
for the man  ____________________ Victory Cross Country American tractor. |
|