 dungbug Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 05 Feb 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:35 - 09 May 2015 Post subject: :sold: 1998 Yamaha Thundercat 600 Long MOT |
 |
|
NOW SOLD
Hi there,
For sale is a 1998 Yamaha Thundercat 600R sports tourer, I have owned this bike for nearly 3 years. It was my first 'big bike' after passing my test, the previous owner was a local friend. This bike has been used as a commuter bike whilst in my ownership until recently and now only has occasional use, it has never broken down or given me any trouble during this time and has always started on the coldest, wettest mornings without hesitation. I have done various group rides with my old bike club covering many miles and again it's been trouble free.
This bike has a valid MOT until 3rd April 2016, she passed this year with no advisories. I have MOT certificates for 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. There is some paperwork with the bike including V5 (always useful), original order form (this bike was £7,250 when new), some service record, invoices for work carried out in 2006 & 2007 including new brake discs & exhaust (headers I believe) and an invoice for work done in 2008 fork rebuild (seals, oil etc), replacement pads and oil change.
The bike is Datatagged and there's some documentation for this included, there's also the receipt for the Scorpion can (£168 when new).
The bike itself is reasonably tidy, there's a few cracks to the fairings which I've shown in the photo's (only cosmetic) and the front mud guard has a piece broken off. This happened when someone tried pushing it away whilst parked at CMK shopping centre!
The bike has done just over 39k but still starts on the button and pulls very well indeed, clutch and gears all feel OK. The tyres are in good condition, the rear was replaced last Autumn and the front last spring, both are Bridgestone Battlax (I won't use cheap tyres on a bike). The previous MOT advised chain and sprocket and rear pads, the chain and sprocket was replaced last June and the pads were changed the weekend after the MOT was done. The exhaust headers are tidy enough, no cracks or blowing. The end can is a Scorpion item, I've taken the baffle out but still have the baffle so it can be put back in if you're that way inclinded. The paintwork is a little flat and has remnents of sticky tape in a few places (I did a toy run with my old club last Xmas and had Tinsel stuck to the bike). I'm sure with an afternoon of cleaning and polishing the bike could look nicer, again only cosmetic but worth mentioning.
All in all this is a decent honest bike that goes well and would be ideal for either a new rider or experienced, it's not immaculate but I've not priced it as such.
NOW SOLD.
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070020_zpsl3sfz4tq.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070021_zpsjj0dp24b.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070022_zpsizaqlr8m.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070024_zpsbtgeorxh.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070025_zpsqdhdgkii.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070026_zpspx4qkcdq.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070027_zpsohuu7vxi.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070028_zps8o1pzgea.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070029_zpssay6sofn.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/P4070030_zpsxjdgayqc.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/Papers_zpsodadolfp.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/Papers%20Cert_zpscij8kyre.jpg
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dungbug/Papers%20Bill_zps7oqwpisl.jpg
Bike in located in Milton Keynes (J13/14 of the M1). Thanks & ride safe. ____________________ CBT: Pass 25/06/2011 Theory Test: Pass12/06/2012 Mod 1: Fail 08/07/2012
Mod 1 Retest: Pass 15/0702012 Mod 2: Pass 03/08/2012
Suzuki GN125 (Sold) ~ Current bike: Yamaha YZF 600R Thundercat |
|