Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 15 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The tories seem to be having a particularly shit week.

Really? But there's so many to choose from! Laughing

It does seem somewhat schizophrenic to on the one hand eject Cruella in favour of Camrondroid and on the other talk about walking away from the ECHR Thinking

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 15 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

You think it's just the Tories will suffer? More of your taxes will go to keeping the migrants that will see the golden goose is still supplying and head for Britain. Money that no one has. Money that the country hasn't got to pay for just about anything.

Yes, I'm angry because it was just about the only thing that has been tried that had any hope of dissuading the migrants not to go to the people smugglers for rubber dinghys and now it's toast because you, I and the ships cat all know that once they are here, they aint ever leaving whatever the result of their'asylum request.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 15 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Really? But there's so many to choose from! Laughing

It does seem somewhat schizophrenic to on the one hand eject Cruella in favour of Camrondroid and on the other talk about walking away from the ECHR Thinking

Camerorrhoid should have been jailed for treason when the stuck-up cnut abandoned ship when he lost brekshit.
Threw the toys out the cot, stamped his feet and went off in a strop.
If he is as dedicated to the nation as his sound byte aye projects, he would have remained in government to help steer the UK through troubled waters.
If he's such a fuking great statesman.

Fuking Tall Tawser. (No offence meant to the good people of England of course but he is an English bastirt too.)

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 21 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food for thought...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK net migration in 2022 revised up to record 745,000

Jesus wept. And they wonder why there is a housing shortage. The NHS is on it's knees. Education is broken and the country is bankrupt.

No, it's not all down to immigration but all of those things are suffering because there are too many people in the UK. Remember, those people, and their dependents, have paid not a penny into the system but they will be first in line for any freebies they can get their hands on.

And of course that legal migration. Add in the illegals, the asylum seekers, the overstaying students and I bet we are close to hitting a million for last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67506641

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is any comfort:

https://i.imgur.com/XIWNIoE.png
source: https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/GBR/united-kingdom/population

There's the seemingly optimistic UN projection of a flattening at 70 million but that doesn't factor in the impending debt-spiral collapse. Expect 20 million or so to depart in the next decade or so to seek out a healthier host to suckle from.

Just for Nobby's benefit I've added a red bar for the "Blair Years" to the rate of change graph Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:48 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Just for Nobby's benefit I've added a red bar for the "Blair Years" to the rate of change graph Wink

So about 5 mil increase during the 'Blair' years and much the same since then?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You deal only in absolutes, Nobby? How reassuring Wink

Rates of change (delta) are important in lots of things. Take the current lie at the moment that the Tories have "reduced inflation." No, they've slightly reduced the the rate of inflation.

"We're still hurtling towards the edge of the cliff at high speed but we've reduced the rate of acceleration!"

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:23 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a Jedi deals in absolutes.

Anyway, didn't we basically close our borders to Europeans without visas around the time the rate of increase started to reduce?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_pDVluWUAA08nb?format=jpg&name=medium

May give all of you something to go on about 'till biking season starts again.

Suspect 30% of you will completely disagree with the chart...another 30% will agree and 40% will ask for sources and still refute the findings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If '30p Lee' has his way, Islander may be getting some new neighbours:-

'If we can't send the cheating, lyingbastards to Rwanda, maybe we should send thefuckers to some under-inhabited, Godforsaken place like The Orkneys'...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:16 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

The peak that started around 2011 seems to relate to the free movement of workers regulation of the EU.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

The peak that started around 2011 seems to relate to the free movement of workers regulation of the EU.

It's the peak after 2019 that is worrying. 2011 isn't a peak at all, it's more or less the same as 2004 - 2010 and dropped in 2012.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
UN projection of a flattening at 70 million but that doesn't factor in the impending debt-spiral collapse. Expect 20 million or so to depart in the next decade or so to seek out a healthier host to suckle from.

The supermarkets recon on food consumption there was 77 million in the country in 2007.

Whether you believe that figure or not I'm sure thee figure is way higher than the official waffle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/city-eye-facts-on-a-plate-our-population-is-at-least-77-million-5328454.html

Last edited by Polarbear on 23:04 - 23 Nov 2023; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:01 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It's the peak after 2019 that is worrying. 2011 isn't a peak at all, it's more or less the same as 2004 - 2010 and dropped in 2012.

Remind me who was in power in 2019?

The irony is we stopped whitey from joining the country by leaving the EU.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 23 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Remind me who was in power in 2019?

The irony is we stopped whitey from joining the country by leaving the EU.

Difference between you and me Nobby is that I'm not hamstrung by trying to defend everything the tory partys does like you do with Labour.

The tories have promised to get down immigration since they came into power and have not succeeded. It's been an absolute failure. Trouble is Labour just welcome everyone in as shown by the Blair administration and Starmer is going to do the same, kicked up the arse by the extreme left whose purpose in life it seems is to turn Britain into a big Londonistan/Banana republic/shithole.

None of them seem to have the inclination to try and keep this country from sinking under a morass of totally incompatible clutures. How hard is for one of the fuckwits to say ENOUGH.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 24 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

. Trouble is Labour just welcome everyone in as shown by the Blair administration

Because the economy was set to grow while the population was aging so younger workers would be needed. The immigration increases were for economic reasons. The fact the economy tanked (due to right wing fiscal policies don't forget) is what has caused the problem. Nobody except for racist bigots would give a s#1t about immigration if the economy was doing well and public services had been properly supported and all the warnings about poor housing stocks had been acted on.

It's not just the Tories who are a f#@k up its their insane "look after the rich", "trikle down", "the market will provide" policy philosophy.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 24 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the 1980-83 net decline due to Auf Wiedersehen Pet?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 24 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Was the 1980-83 net decline due to Auf Wiedersehen Pet?

Im sure chatgpt can write a script for a Syrian version.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 24 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm warming up to an open borders policy...

...on the proviso that anyone turning up has to spend 16 years in the country before getting citizenship and in those 16 years they can't use any public services or claim benefits.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:16 - 24 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I'm warming up to an open borders policy...

...on the proviso that anyone turning up has to spend 16 years in the country before getting citizenship and in those 16 years they can't use any public services or claim benefits.

I'm presuming that they don't have to pay tax for those 16 years either.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:42 - 25 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

. Trouble is Labour just welcome everyone in as shown by the Blair administration

Because the economy was set to grow while the population was aging so younger workers would be needed. The immigration increases were for economic reasons. The fact the economy tanked (due to right wing fiscal policies don't forget) is what has caused the problem. Nobody except for racist bigots would give a s#1t about immigration if the economy was doing well and public services had been properly supported and all the warnings about poor housing stocks had been acted on.

It's not just the Tories who are a f#@k up its their insane "look after the rich", "trikle down", "the market will provide" policy philosophy.

You talk some shite. If policies don't work or you don't like them, call everyone an ist, phobic or anything that can deflect from whats really happening. Well done but I expected that. Public services cost a friggin fortune to support. The well of public money has a limit, even Labour are starting to throw that little gem out because the difference between what people expect them to do and what they will be able to afford is going to be rather substantial.

Immigration in the UK is the most fucked up policy ever. Go to Luton. Go to Rochdale,. Go to Leicester. The only place I've ever seen a drive by shooting is Harlesdon.

Britain is fucked, it's going to get worse but I'm sure you will be perfectly happy because a few million more immigrants are going to dilute the genepool until the UK is an utter shadow of the country that ruled 3/4 of the globe. A shadow of the country that ran the industrial revolution and created the modern day powerhose of engineering it was until it became a service industry. Look at where our country was 100 years ago and look at it now.

But hey, call me a racist and wallow in your love of how bad this country is but it doesn't matter to you as long as it's full of people who have no love for it, just a love for what they can get from it.

Kennedy said it 50 odd years ago. If you know your history you'll know what he said. It's a valid now as it was then and not just a quaint turn of phrase that should be laughed at as being well out of date.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:04 - 25 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

You talk some shite. If policies don't work or you don't like them, call everyone an ist, phobic or anything that can deflect from whats really happening. Well done but I expected that. Public services cost a friggin fortune to support. The well of public money has a limit, even Labour are starting to throw that little gem out because the difference between what people expect them to do and what they will be able to afford is going to be rather substantial.

Immigration in the UK is the most fucked up policy ever. Go to Luton. Go to Rochdale,. Go to Leicester. The only place I've ever seen a drive by shooting is Harlesdon.

Britain is fucked, it's going to get worse but I'm sure you will be perfectly happy because a few million more immigrants are going to dilute the genepool until the UK is an utter shadow of the country that ruled 3/4 of the globe. A shadow of the country that ran the industrial revolution and created the modern day powerhose of engineering it was until it became a service industry. Look at where our country was 100 years ago and look at it now.

But hey, call me a racist and wallow in your love of how bad this country is but it doesn't matter to you as long as it's full of people who have no love for it, just a love for what they can get from it.

Kennedy said it 50 odd years ago. If you know your history you'll know what he said. It's a valid now as it was then and not just a quaint turn of phrase that should be laughed at as being well out of date.

I know this countrys history and its myths, a major one being that we were sime kind of industrial powerhouse, go and look at Germany, france and America over the last one hundred years and more and you will find britain has consistently lagged behind. Even Churchill recognised this and he's about as sacred a right wing cow as you can get. Of course where Britain has excelled is in the enormous wealth it granted its bankers ( go look up Winnie's view on the square mile). Your wallowing in patriotic crap.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:26 - 25 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Looking at this over the longer term, is this a natural evolution for a successful dominant country/empire? Ever increasing numbers of those less fortunate / born in poorer countries migrate towards where the wealth is. This dilutes the 'identity' of said power centre. The country fails to redefine itself according to its new reality. Then other centres of power and wealth rise up with the direction of migration switching in response.

This interesting read from Yale takes on the idea although maybe coming to a slightly different conclusion than mine.

https://yalebooks.yale.edu/2023/10/05/migration-and-the-end-of-empire/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 25 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The anti immigraton lobby is on the rise throughout Europe (see recent Netherlands 'surprise' election result) and I do think the reason is this:

Polarbear wrote:
.. as long as it's full of people who have no love for it, just a love for what they can get from it.

Integration for immigrants takes time, too long really, mass immigration takes even longer.. that winds up the natives and even second generation immigrants, this, among other reasons regarding resources and services is why we need to apply a brake - 700,000 in one year just isn't sustainable, Labour also knows this.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 204 of 207