Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:21 - 09 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be 2.1 million visits in total, not 2.1 million people each making one visit. With the target of 95% of patients to be admitted / transfered or discharged within four hours, it's better for hospitals to discharge someone after 3 hours 55 minutes knowing full well that the patient will be back again soon than it is to keep them for longer than four hours whilst waiting for a bed on an appropriate ward to become available.

To be exact, there were 2,176,022 a&e attendances in July 2018.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/ae-waiting-times-and-activity/ae-attendances-and-emergency-admissions-2018-19/

Of which 1,943,189 were less than 4 hours from arrival to admission, transfer or discharge.

I expect that there's a strong correlation between unnecessary trips to a&e and how close people live to the hospital. It's the summer holidays so there's lots of kids injuring themselves at the moment.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 09 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Ste wrote:

I expect that there's a strong correlation between unnecessary trips to a&e and how close people live to the hospital. It's the summer holidays so there's lots of kids injuring themselves at the moment.

I suspect there's a strong correlation of a massive undeclared immigrant population abusing the system, but hey ho.

Just seeing the cost of NHS interpreters lately is an eye opener.

I suspect there's a strong correlation between mpd and massive p**** D******** Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Agreed.

And if they had £5500 to throw at people smugglers, plus whatever they have spent already, or still have I presume we can say they reasonably had £10000+ when they started.

FFS, I know many many people who live hand to mouth in UK. If they ever have a £100 quid in the bank by the end of the month i's a miracle. £5000 would be like winning the lottery to them.

Which begs, what do these migrants expect coming here.

The simple answer to your question is plain ignorance.

Many people outside of Europe don't get a realistic picture of what Europe is actually like. Instead they get a filtered view of the world. This is nothing new. 300 years ago America was painted as land where the streets were paved with gold. People bought it when they arrived they found that the reality was very different.

This is not limited to one particular group or another everybody suffers it. Japanese for instance.

Paris is presented as a lovely romantic city and they build an incredibly unrealistic depiction in their heads. When they get there they find it's a city like any other. It's dirty, polluted dotted with homeless people. So much they get sick and the Japanese embassy has to deal with many cases of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

But back to Africa (this is taken from one of my friends from the Ivory coast)

The image of Europe is based on what people see on TV, what they learn in schools, and NGO staff and workers from developed nations who work in Africa. There are lots of things to be added but it boils down to several things:

Arrow Lack of a full picture of life in Europe. Busy lives, weather, work conditions, basic necessities and how much they cost vs how much people earn. On my travels people think £30,000 oh that must be loads. Yeah well the cost of stuff is a lot higher too cancelling out any real advantage.

Arrow Eurocentric education. Francophone countries can be really bad about this. Students in schools tend to know more about Paris and France than their own countries.

Arrow Fellow Africans who live in Europe do not help to educate their fellow Africans back home. The “show off” game is very big and very upsetting. This applies to those who have made it and those who are struggling to make ends meet. They will say their lives are great to save face. We saw it on BCF where one guy went to teach illegally in South East Asia. He spent a lot of time BSing us about how his life was great.

Arrow Governments failing to inspire their citizens for their future in the country.Imagine every time your president gets sick, they go to London or Paris. Imagine when you see that all the politicians’ children and those from the richest families send their kinds to Europe or the US. Why don't they go to a hospital or school locally?

It pervades in the media too on TV, the English Premier league is the most watched league in Africa. They watch games and keep up with player's salaries, how much is spent on transfers and so on. They hear a player earns £100,000 a week and it's as if this is the norm and not an outlier.

So this is why many Africans cross the Med and spend $10K on trying to make it to Europe at all costs. The $10K could start a very good business or buy a very nice home. Instead they gamble it on a false dream.

This is exacerbated by NGO staff and expatriate staff who work in Africa. They live like kings earning western salaries while living in Africa. Polarbear you've said this yourself about earning oil money in some African country. Imagine earning close to a six figure salary and a bunch of bonuses while working in a developing nation. You really live a decent lifestyle in Africa. Big mansions, big cars, ravish vacations to luxuries hotel, you name it.

An average African assumes that they made all that money in their home countries before coming to Africa. The “LG ( Life is Good in Europe) mentality is very big.

For young people whose education systems has failed with record high unemployment rates, their eyes are faced towards Europe. Those folks are ambitious and want to make the best out of their lives. However, their governments and leaders have failed them big time.

To salt to the injury, their fellow Africans who come to Europe do not give a full view of what life in Europe is. They like to show off big time. Their friends back home who follow us on instagram, facebook and elsewhere, get the idea that they have made it over there when in reality many are faking it.

This is parodied in the film inbetweeners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7E3V13Wlr4

Many Africans might be struggling to make ends meet. However, when their friends back home ask them the question: “how is life in Europe?”; many Africans will just lie. A fellow African might be homeless in Paris, but they will send their pictures in front of the Eiffel Tower on a borrowed smart phone, just to show off.

In the end, you end up with fellow Africans embarking on desperate journey of shame and mediocrity. Some countries in Africa are very well-developed, but in their minds, any country in Europe is all milk and honey.

Many of those folks don’t know the difference between Portugal and Germany, Hungary and Italy, France and Latvia, Europe is Europe and that’s all that matters.

Given a choice, an African will go to Hungary before Botswana or Mauritius. They just have no idea of the economics of other African countries. The Europe they see on TV based on football, and a few other things is all milk and honey.

Those folks might hear that minimum wage is £10 an hour.

They would convert into local currencies and get excited about the money. They might not know that monthly rent of a one bedroom apartment might be £1, 000.00-£1, 500.00. Without even thinking about work visas, and other legal pathways, they start dreaming and fantasying about Europe.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:53 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're saying Africans are a bit dim then...

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:

Das Raciss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:30 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:

Not at all merely that there is an expectation gap from the perceived reality to the actual reality.

I mention Japanese tourists precisely for this point. Japanese average out at 106IQ points and they too have over egged expectations of Paris.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:

Do you think that's the same sort of personas someone who thinks all foreigners are benefit scroungers/all Muslims are paedophiles?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

The simple answer to your question is plain ignorance. etc.

It is a logical argument except that, at least in the African countries I have worked in, there is no lack if information on Europe.

Africa is not a communications wilderness it was maybe 20 years ago.

Everyone has access to television. If not in their house the local cafe/bar has one and it's on 24/7 and usually on the BBC news when not on football. They know how much houses cost. They know what it costs for a beer, they know the NHS is free, they know Merkel is a cnut. etc. etc.

There is also the internet. It's available via internet cafes in even some of the most remote villages I have been to.

These people with the £10000 to spend on people smugglers are not savages living in mud huts on the Serengeti. They are relatively educated, informed people who have somehow amassed a large sum of money. You don't do that selling cowshit and you don't do that very easily whichever country you are in.

These people think they can improve their lives living as illegals in Europe. OK, some dirt poor Ethiopian whose half starved might, but not these people with money.

And, if they have that sort of money, buy a plane ticket, 500Nira to the security staff will allow you past, no questions asked. Wink

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Itchy wrote:

The simple answer to your question is plain ignorance. etc.

It is a logical argument except that, at least in the African countries I have worked in, there is no lack if information on Europe.

Everyone has access to television. If not in their house the local cafe/bar has one and it's on 24/7 and usually on the BBC news when not on football. They know how much houses cost. They know what it costs for a beer, they know the NHS is free, they know Merkel is a cnut. etc. etc.

There is also the internet. It's available via internet cafes in even some of the most remote villages I have been to.

These people with the £10000 to spend on people smugglers are not savages living in mud huts on the Serengeti. They are relatively educated, informed people who have somehow amassed a large sum of money. You don't do that selling cowshit and you don't do that very easily whichever country you are in.

These people think they can improve their lives living as illegals in Europe. OK, some dirt poor Ethiopian whose half starved might, but not these people with money.

And, if they have that sort of money, buy a plane ticket, 500Nira to the security staff will allow you past, no questions asked. Wink

Do you not think that some of them are indebted to the smugglers once they've shipped them over, and have to work to pay for it once here, whether drugs, prostitution, crime etc. ?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Yes.

But just because they can access it doesn't mean they will actually access it or that the information they find won't be biased or simply wrong.

Take for example BCF. We get lots of Let Me Google That For You posts.

Or intentional deceit for instance Iphone update makes your phone water proof or stick your phone in the microwave to recharge.

Or the massive pervasiveness of urban legends such as NASA's space pens

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-write-stuff/

There are some daft ones out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

And yet quite a few people believe this sort of thing.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:01 - 30 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viiiva Espania!

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/29/tourists-watch-in-shock-as-migrants-wash-up-in-boat-and-rush-onto-spanish-beach-7894486/

Just look at all those women and children spared from war zones Wub

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I going to hell because I don't care. In fact I'm actually glad they didn't make it and hope it puts others off?

More than 100 migrants dead after boat sank, campaigners say

https://home.bt.com/news/world-news/more-than-100-migrants-dead-after-boat-sank-campaigners-say-11364294681783

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:49 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Am I going to hell because I don't care. In fact I'm actually glad they didn't make it and hope it puts others off?

https://home.bt.com/news/world-news/more-than-100-migrants-dead-after-boat-sank-campaigners-say-11364294681783

Profile says Milton Keynes, what have you to be worried about? Laughing Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Profile says Milton Keynes, what have you to be worried about? Laughing Laughing

Huge migrant population for the size of town.

Regular gang fights between Blacks, Eastern Europeans, Ethiopians, Pikeys (yes we have a large resident population of 'travellers' Rolling Eyes) and our own home grown scum over drugs and the like. Stabbings.

A council that has 'migrants welcome' flags on their desks.

Tent city in the underpasses that make women scared to use them so they brave the dual carriage ways.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/nintchdbpict000376166398.jpg?w=960

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5103711/Milton-Keynes-Tent-City-homelessness-soars.html

We have a lot to be worried about actually.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:59 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

''Newham topped the list where 1 in every 25 people are homeless.''

I hope that's made up figures by the people that brought us brexit

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:20 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
''Newham topped the list where 1 in every 25 people are homeless.''

I hope that's made up figures by the people that brought us brexit

Homelessness is an advantage when one is on the housing list. It rather suits the victim narrative. Shouldn't really be
all that surprised it's rife in Newham. We plead poverty, we get the house/flat, we live there until right to buy is eligible
we buy at cut price and bung dodgy tenant in. We change name slightly and repeat the process somewhere new
building a portfolio of property as we go. Which we don't have to maintain as if at all possible we house illegals in
there who won't complain. How on earth do you think these "landlords" get these properties in the first place???

Sticks in my craw when I've just spent £200 on my landlord insurance and am currently scheduling this years round
of Gas safety checks at £70 each. Certain landlords do NONE of this necessary and mandatory stuff because they
can cry they didn't understand the rules if they should ever be brought to book for providing dangerous housing.
They will be believed by the idiot lefty housing officers who swallow that old crap time and again because they are too
frightened to call it for what it is. My house in Stoke developed a leaky pipe on the downstairs loo a couple of weeks ago.
I had a plumber booked within 2 hrs of being notified of the fault and it was fixed within 2 days. (It was isolated so the
leak didn't continue) It cost me less than going up there myself would have cost. It's a tank of diesel plus the materials
for me which in this instance would have been about £70, plumber fixed it for 45 quid. Then I sent the tenant some
flowers to apologise for her having to dry the carpets out. That's how it's done.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
That's how it's done.

That's because you value your tennants and have a sense of decency and respect.
The gimmedats have a culturally ingrained third world mentality of theft, greed, exploitation and self preservation without a care or any kind of value for others.

Last edited by recman on 12:29 - 12 Sep 2018; edited 1 time in total

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Homelessness is an advantage when one is on the housing list. It rather suits the victim narrative. Shouldn't really be
all that surprised it's rife in Newham. We plead poverty, we get the house/flat, we live there until right to buy is eligible
we buy at cut price and bung dodgy tenant in. We change name slightly and repeat the process somewhere new
building a portfolio of property as we go. Which we don't have to maintain as if at all possible we house illegals in
there who won't complain. How on earth do you think these "landlords" get these properties in the first place???

Sticks in my craw when I've just spent £200 on my landlord insurance and am currently scheduling this years round
of Gas safety checks at £70 each. Certain landlords do NONE of this necessary and mandatory stuff because they
can cry they didn't understand the rules if they should ever be brought to book for providing dangerous housing.
They will be believed by the idiot lefty housing officers who swallow that old crap time and again because they are too
frightened to call it for what it is. My house in Stoke developed a leaky pipe on the downstairs loo a couple of weeks ago.
I had a plumber booked within 2 hrs of being notified of the fault and it was fixed within 2 days. (It was isolated so the
leak didn't continue) It cost me less than going up there myself would have cost. It's a tank of diesel plus the materials
for me which in this instance would have been about £70, plumber fixed it for 45 quid. Then I sent the tenant some
flowers to apologise for her having to dry the carpets out. That's how it's done.

You disgusting sod! I can't believe you thought a woman would appreciate flowers. Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
grr666 wrote:

You disgusting sod! I can't believe you thought a woman would appreciate flowers. Razz

Gosh yes! Have you given a male tenant flowers! Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I give my male tenants beer if I should feel the need to compensate them in some way. No complaints about gender assumption so far. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 141 of 207