Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:06 - 28 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what mum said that is between their insurer and Samsung. The insurance people took what was left of the faulty
fridge away for "their own tests". Mum and Dad have retired now but this wasn't all that long ago, maybe five years or so.
They left their home and moved out into Kent two years ago, mum was never comfortable in that house again after the fire.
I dare say if they went on about it enough and gave it the full on victim routine they may have been able to squeeze some £££
out of Samsung UK but to do so wouldn't occur to them. They were just happy to be alive as this fire happened on a Saturday
afternoon while they had walked round to the shops to get some bread, had they been in and if my old man had been in bed
because he did nights a lot back then, then he would have been trapped by the fire same as the cat was. Speaking of which, I
eventually got them another cat who they named Phoenix.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 28 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we live in a different world now.

I am old enough to remember the 60's. To remember when the worst gang warfare was mods and rockers on Brighton beach. Maybe us old fogeys do look at the past through rose coloured specs but I can categorically say there is very little I like about how Britain has changed in the last 40 years.

The gimmedat culture is prevalent everywhere.

We need to stop rewarding laziness and criminality but it's never going to happen because it's wrong to blame people however scummy they are.

Want a bit more money, squeeze out another rugrat.

Not getting what you want scream racist/sexist/anythingist.

A good article on Grenfell towers, a bit old but still valid.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4673612/Awkward-questions-no-one-answer-Grenfell-Tower.html

grr666 writes about his parents not claiming, mine were the same. Rightly or wrongly it was regarded a a shameful thing to claim the dole, an absolute last resort for the desperate. Now it's a lifestyle choice that is perfectly acceptable and a homing beacon for economic migrants (yes, mpd is correct on quite a few points about illegal immigration despite how loudly his detractors shout).

I used to be proud of this country. Abroad in some of the furthest places I visited or worked being British helped. You were much more highly thought of than being a yank or a German. People used to talk about Britain as a wonderful place and I would agree.

Not any more.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 28 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Yes, all residents of Grenfell were here legally, you're of course right, being a lefty and all that.
The authorities were all wrong and made up fake amnesties to fabricate the idea that a large proportion were illegal immigrants and honest, definitely not majority Muslims, were sub letting social housing. Thumbs Up

So you made it up then.

Well the survivors for one. Plenty of people around that tower at the time of the fire were saying how there are twice as many people in there as there should be, many of them illegal immigrants. They weren't anti the illegal migrants, they only admitted it as part of trying to pin the disaster on the Tories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 28 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
(a sad tale)

Unfortunately it's the way the whole world is going in general. And you can't just blame politicians for it, blame progress.

There are more people than at any time in history and also more automation, more food production and - regardless of mini-celebs crying in Africa - more wealth. Granted, not evenly distributed.

However, while the world keeps turning and production of all things is done on a grander scale with less labour the human race itself has remained relatively unchanged for hundreds of thousands of years.

Putting it bluntly: there are the same proportion of numpties as there's always been but now there's less to keep them occupied. Unsurprising then that vast swathes of the populous are either on the dole or propped up in their shitty jobs with Universal Tax Credits. What did you expect them to do? Get a [better] job?! Doing what exactly? There's a guy lives in my street can't read! In the 21st fecking century!!! (My wife orders parts for his car off eBay for him; shows him the pictures.)

Mark my words: Universal Basic Income is all but inevitable.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:05 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Polarbear I agree. It was a shame people felt when claiming for help or support. I can actually remember when my parents hit rock bottom and someone from the dole actually came to visit the house to chat and fill in forms. There was a TV set in the house but it wasn't ours - uncle had been sent to prison and we were holding his possessions till he was let out but that dole person spotted the TV set and told us 'don't need that'. They continued to go through the house telling my parents to get rid of things, to sell them before claiming. Imagine someone from the dole going to a house now with each claim!!

Speaking of prison or criminal records, it was a huge shame on a family. Now? It's like a badge of honour. I can show people streets where every single house has a person living there who has been to prison. Whole streets ffs.

Even up here in the leafy outreaches of Newcastle upon Tyne where everyone knows when someone farts there are hidden immigrants. Sure we have regular raids on the obvious places - takeaways, car washes and the like but there are far far more. Most are 'owned' by masters and are basically used as slaves and kept hidden away. Some escape to claim compensation for modern slavery despite being here illegally (I have no idea how that works..) but they do exist. Heck there are mansions on estates where footballers live that regularly become drugs farms run by Chinese masters using illegal immigrants as farm worker slaves who never leave the mansions.

Honda badge guy: He might claim to be unable to read and write (I've seen such before) but mark my words they know what they're doing. You can't tell me they got through the whole education system without that skill in more modern times? They have a car - can they drive? If so then they know what signs say. They passed a test.

My current biggest annoyance with people manipulating a system is claiming mental illness - an invisible issue and should that person lay it on or claim suicidal then the agencies will take a step back just in case they trigger someone too far. The problem with that is those genuine people seeking help are then denied because queues are too long or they're not shouting loud enough. It stinks when the genuine people are denied because of those faking illness to get free money.

Britain being wonderful? It might have been long ago and there in lies a problem. The rest of the world are told this and they seek to go to wonderful Britain. We're reaping the results of it.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my record at 18, so it's 30 years old nearly. Haven't added to it for a very long while, last entry being a
formal police warning for possession of class A substances about 18 years ago. It's ancient history to me.
But it's still brought up if I'm ever stopped by the fuzz. Rolling Eyes

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Honda badge guy: He might claim to be unable to read and write (I've seen such before) but mark my words they know what they're doing. You can't tell me they got through the whole education system without that skill in more modern times? They have a car - can they drive? If so then they know what signs say. They passed a test.

Never said he was totally thick, he can fix cars obviously. Education system? Nope... Signs? No need to read for most... Passed a test? Probably not...

<addendum> TBH it mystifies me that his children and grandchildren probably have no clue. But then again I was in my 30s when I discovered most people can't read music Smile

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a radio 4 program from twenty years ago about the effects of unemployment. A guy who had worked akl hus life in something like the shipyards made a point thats always stuck with me. He said that when he was young he had no choice but to go into the local factory and the big positive was that having to mux with adults and gaun their respect made him grow up.
We have a society now which extends childhood into a person's twenties and uf tbey dont have a meaningful activuth which requires they learn to rub along with others then they never grow up. Theres a growing understanding of this effect in the rise if personality disorder diagnosis. Its sad and Universal Basic Income will not help in fact it will make it worse. We would be better just subsidising factorys to make useless dingwidgits that just get sent to the next factory to be recycled.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I remember a radio 4 program from twenty years ago about the effects of unemployment. A guy who had worked akl hus life in something like the shipyards made a point thats always stuck with me. He said that when he was young he had no choice but to go into the local factory and the big positive was that having to mux with adults and gaun their respect made him grow up.
We have a society now which extends childhood into a person's twenties and uf tbey dont have a meaningful activuth which requires they learn to rub along with others then they never grow up. Theres a growing understanding of this effect in the rise if personality disorder diagnosis. Its sad and Universal Basic Income will not help in fact it will make it worse. We would be better just subsidising factorys to make useless dingwidgits that just get sent to the next factory to be recycled.

Are you pissed or did you have stroke while typing that?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:

Are you pissed or did you have stroke while typing that?

Im on public transport. So I'm typing quite well considering.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

y0 Jeremy c0, where's the money for Grenfell?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Its sad and Universal Basic Income will not help in fact it will make it worse.

Most definitely but it's an easy fix. Just like importing trained immigrant slaves workers Rolling Eyes

It's what comes of planning based on parliamentary election cycles. That and a choice to the electorate of stealth taxes + UBI versus overt taxes to massively refund education (or bring back National Service Laughing ) well..

Democracy fail.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:18 - 31 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
Its sad and Universal Basic Income will not help in fact it will make it worse.

Most definitely but it's an easy fix. Just like importing trained immigrant slaves workers Rolling Eyes

Install universal basic income and every scrounging bastard from every shithole in the world will be on his way here.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 31 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Install universal basic income and every scrounging bastard from every shithole in the world will be on his way here.

Indeed, and it will be used as a carrot for a new wave of illegals to tempt them over into a life of servitude Sad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another load picked up on Saturday. Apparently it's a drop in the channel compared to those that come over inside lorries however.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting how in all the speculation about post brexit britain nobody ever talks about how the cutting off of Eastern european migration might effect britain.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
It's interesting how in all the speculation about post brexit britain nobody ever talks about how the cutting off of Eastern european migration might effect britain.

Except we're not talking about "cutting off", are we? We're talking about control, to our benefit. We're talking about legal entry because people can make a positive contribution to our society. It doesn't really matter where they're from, as long as they do this. So if we play it right, it could have nothing but benefit for us.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Except we're not talking about "cutting off", are we? We're talking about control, to our benefit. We're talking about legal entry because people can make a positive contribution to our society. It doesn't really matter where they're from, as long as they do this. So if we play it right, it could have nothing but benefit for us.

Much cheapness is a contribution? An Eastern bloc worker value mentality is a contribution?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Much cheapness is a contribution? An Eastern bloc worker value mentality is a contribution?

If they come to live and work here in the UK, they should be prepared to adopt British values and practices in our society. They should not be exploited as slave labour.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activity that is criminal in the eyes of British law should be dealt with as such.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharia law should have no place in this country where it does not conform with British law. If British law is broken, it should be punished by the British justice system. No exceptions.

Happy now?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, if those chaps are Sikhs, they aren't breaking British law.

Their choice of bikes is questionable though Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 160 of 207