Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 24 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly Morecambe?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 24 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely they can't have left China voluntarily as it's God's own utopia.

Look at Hong Kong, complete success since we handed it over in 1997. Nothing to see there...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 25 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed and I know Purfleet well.

The driver is guilty of being an idiot, he fainted ffs when he saw the bodies. This is not murder.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:41 - 25 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They interviewed someone from the Industrial estate on Radio 4 yesterday, who said that they'd seen drivers letting them out of lorries there before (open door all out and run off).

I imagine he was doing the last leg and discovered they were all dead, I wouldn't be surprised if the driver called the authorities himself.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 25 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been reported he did.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 25 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
kawakid wrote:
It's been reported he did.

I'm not surprised even if he knew he was involved in a people trafficking operation. How on Earth could he dispose of almost 40 bodies without being caught or implementing himself even further?

Implicating

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 25 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd heard that he'd been released without charge.

One witness said he saw a lot of activity in the water early yesterday morning, and the coastguard on the beach in a 4x4.

He said: "It is my understanding the boat was abandoned on the beach because the police were taking photos on it".

To post on Facebook Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 26 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been charged with manslaughter.

I always doubted he would be charged with murder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50196265

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:27 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
illegal immigrants coming here

"The container in which 39 people were found dead was part of a convoy of three lorries, relatives of the suspected victims say.

They believe that over 100 migrants were being brought to the UK on the lorries.

Two of the vehicles are thought to have completed their trips but the third, which was carrying the deceased victims, was delayed at an unknown location."

https://news.sky.com/story/container-deaths-families-say-three-lorries-were-travelling-to-uk-11845644

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You only hear about the ones which go pear shaped. In order for these people to take such a risk and pay so much, either they think life in the UK is a lot better than it is in reality, or far more get through undetected than we think do.

These were not slaves, nor fleeing persecution, the reports from families back in Vietnam paint a picture of people thinking the streets are paved with gold here.

I have to agree. I've been to Vietnam and while there are many poor it isn't anywhere near as bad as say India for beggars and people on the bones of their ass. However these people can somehow get $30000 together to pay the people smugglers. $30000 in Vietnam you can live like a king. That's what I struggle to understand.

Also if they come in illegally they are only going to be able to work for peanuts, basically as slaves with pocket money.

Dick Whittington and his cat.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of them come here as students and overstay their visa / try to apply for residency which gets rejected and go AWOL. You can usually tell who is going to do so because their first step when getting into the country is trying to get a job not their course Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed MPD's karma has gone way up since Jewlio left...

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
These were not slaves, nor fleeing persecution, the reports from families back in Vietnam paint a picture of people thinking the streets are paved with gold here.

I think we have to make it incredibly tough on illegals. Straight to Gulag and immediate deportation. No exceptions. If they want refugee status they apply from outside the border with a criminal record that automatically excludes them from being granted asylum.
Turn up at A&E or a doctors, police called, bare minimum treatment, gulag, deportation.
It sounds excessive, but once word gets back that there's no free ride the flow will reduce to a trickle and the resources can go to genuine asylum seekers that actually need help and are following the rules.

Or do we halt all foreign aid programmes and use that money on the ones that make it here? Survival of the fittest?
Thinking

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just how Nazi Germany got started.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
That's just how Nazi Germany got started.

A major difference was that Germany in the 20s and 30s didn't have any form of social security, so migrants either had to be self-financing, or starve....

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus you could wallpaper your bedroom with their national currency.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 30 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learnt a thing!

(TBF I probably could have worked this out myself but anyway...)

We need black market, immigrant labour in this country!

"What?! We have loads of unemployed people in this country, let them do the work!!!"

Accept we haven't. Yes, we do have people that are described as "unemployed" for various statistics but there are loads of jobs they can't do. And I'm not talking rocket-scientist or CEO - I'm talking casual labour.

Would you like to go fruit picking for a few weeks next summer? If you're a student maybe it's viable but if you're on the dole you literally cannot consider it. If you declare it then all your dole money is fucked for months and if you don't and the job centre finds out you'll get sanctioned and then you're royally fucked.

Stop bitching about the immigrants doing work that needs to get done and start bitching about a welfare state that actively discourages the indigenous population from working. And don't get me started on Universal Credit Wink

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 30 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Stop bitching about the immigrants doing work that needs to get done and start bitching about a welfare state that actively discourages the indigenous population from working.

...and it could be solved so easily by allowing people to earn up to their tax allowance legitimately without having to declare it or have it impact upon benefits. The State wouldn't lose out on income tax revenue, businesses would have a wider pool of potential employees to choose from and the millions of people on benefits who currently work cash-in-hand jobs 'under the radar' at the moment could continue to do so without having to look over their collective shoulders all the time...

There is bound to be a glaring floor in this logic which will be pointed out to me in a most belittling manner Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 163 of 207