Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wishing death on anyone but if Lineker did get ironically snacked it would save TV licence payers £1.75 million a year.
Maybe they could make it free for OAP's again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:58 - 08 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Not wishing death on anyone but if Lineker did get ironically snacked it would save TV licence payers £1.75 million a year.
Maybe they could make it free for OAP's again.

Hmm, an interesting theory but, in practice:
1) They'd have to replace him;
2) Such diversity targets thus;
3) Eniola Aluko gets the job;
4) Dat Gender Pay Gap wont close itself plus;
5) History of playing the race card thus;
6) Can't touch me guvnor even if I'm crap at the job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 08 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about our Gary - this guy's a bit annoying but it's funny listening to him dismantle Gary's virtue signalling Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RZpVUFIxww

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 08 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Talking about our Gary - this guy's a bit annoying but it's funny listening to him dismantle Gary's virtue signalling Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RZpVUFIxww

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Love how everyone who has publicly stated they would take in a 'refugee' - has taken in precisely none.. Rolling Eyes

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 08 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I had no idea I had immigrants to thank for Fish & Chips Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 08 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Wow I had no idea I had immigrants to thank for Fish & Chips Thumbs Up

Proof that you're an ignorant racist. Laughing Thinking

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 08 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

If the cap fits....

I need to go on a Fish and Chip re-education programme.

Edit: Hang on a minute, if I'm the only one, how come there were so many down ratings to that lineker advert?

MPD must have done them all (and removed most of the up rates).

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:08 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Sad

If the cap fits....

Edit: Hang on a minute, if I'm the only one, how come there were so many down ratings to that lineker advert?

Everyone is tired of it. The constant BS of it all. Being labelled a Nazi for not loving the fugees. Think there's a turning point coming, personally, where the general public start to speak and act out about it all.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
bhinso wrote:
Sad

If the cap fits....

Everyone is tired of it. The constant BS of it all. Being labelled a Nazi for not loving the fugees. Think there's a turning point coming, personally, where the general public start to speak and act out about it all.

Agreed. I honestly believe the people in power are stupid and still haven't learnt from Brexit, Trump and the last election. It's not the people who shout loudest you need to cater for, it's the silent majority.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's not the people who shout loudest you need to cater for, it's the silent majority.

..and this is where we fail at the moment because we don't have a 'middle-ground' political party. The silent majority has only one real choice, and sadly that is to vote Tory.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

..and this is where we fail at the moment because we don't have a 'middle-ground' political party. The silent majority has only one real choice, and sadly that is to vote Tory.

Do you mean that as in vote Tory full stop, or just the current crop of inept wankers?

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I honestly believe the people in power are stupid and still haven't learnt from Brexit, Trump and the last election.

Er, the people in power pushed for Brexit, love Trump and won the last election (which is why they are in power).

And they're learning all the time. Like they've learned from Trump that you can break the law and it's consequence free. Obviously doesn't apply to ordinary folks. And it was such a success now they're learning how to renege on the deals you've made (and break international law), so no-one need ever trust us again.

But as Diggs noted, they're not marxists/terrorist sympathisers so it's fine.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Do you mean that as in vote Tory full stop, or just the current crop of inept wankers?

This bunch of inept wankers. For some inexplicable reason people are still willing to accept Boris Johnson despite his skewed relationship with the truth, in the knowledge that Cummings is pulling the strings.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
Like they've learned from Trump that you can break the law and it's consequence free.

The UK could argue that the EU hasn't been negotiating "in good faith", also a requirement in the WA, by not negotiating future arrangements between us, but seeking power over the UK as a prerequisite for negotiating a trade deal etc. In other words, the EU has already broken faith with the WA.

And why would Boris feel the need to threaten to break international law? I think this explains it rather well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF-C6n1FIP4

Again, if the EU negotiated in good faith, there would be no need to threaten such.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The UK could argue that the EU hasn't been negotiating "in good faith", also a requirement in the WA, by not negotiating future arrangements between us, but seeking power over the UK as a prerequisite for negotiating a trade deal etc. In other words, the EU has already broken faith with the WA.

I'm sure you're referring to something specific, but I don't know what it is.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

I'm sure you're referring to something specific, but I don't know what it is.

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to something specific, but I clearly don't know what it is Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the dinghys arriving from Monday limited to a maximum of six occupants only then? Otherwise they face
immediate interception, arrest and repeat fining once on British soil from one of the new brownshirts... Oh sorry, I meant
covid social distance enforcement wardens. Yeah, didn't think so... I think I'll just continue ignoring all this bollocks until they are.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I think this explains it rather well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF-C6n1FIP4

Again, if the EU negotiated in good faith, there would be no need to threaten such.

Who could argue with such an objective overview? Laughing

The idea that the EU didn't threaten it at all is dismissed with no more proof than a raised eyebrow. But even that vid can't avoid the facts of the case.

1. The UK assumed that even if we go full flounce, we'd get third country status.
2. Third country status is an EU thing, not an IMF or or other international status. The EU get to decide who gets it.
3. Not getting third country status will be a major problem due to the GFA.
4. The GFA is our fudge, not the EU's.
5. The UK is now threatening to unilaterally rip up the WA because we aren't getting what we want.

So, really, if anyone is seeking power as prerequisite for negotiating, it's the UK. We're literally demanding third country status in the event of no deal as a prerequisite for negotiating this trade deal at all. And that's our perogative, we can demand whatever we like, as can the EU, and we can grant or deny the demands, as can the EU.

But tearing up deals we've already made, makes any trade deal we might make with the EU worthless. We could just change our mind in a few months if we decide we don't like it. The same applies to all the other trade deals we need to make. We'll have proven we cannot be trusted. There's no point in ANYONE making a deal with us. They aren't worth the paper they're written on. This goes far beyond the EU. This is our reputation for fair dealing with the rest of the world. It casts doubt on EVERY deal we have now, let alone the new ones. If you tear up any deal you've signed if you decide you don't like it later, no-one will trust us, and nor should they.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with half a brain can see how bad this WA is for a country that only wants to be independent, as is any country's right. This is how the world will view it, because that is how it is. Any country would walk away from a deal with the EU if they were demanding what they are of us. A trade deal is something quite different to asking for one's right to sovereignty to be respected, which the EU clearly doesn't.

Why is it that we as an independent country can't have a trade deal with the EU like Canada, for e.g.? They don't demand parallelism from anyone else, nor that they hand over control of some part of their countries simply in order to trade with them. And what does the "level playing field" mean? It means we are not allowed any advantage over the EU. But not so level when it comes to the other way around, eh? Well, how ridiculous. Who could accept such an arrangement? You'd have to be completely daft.

And given the circumstances when the WA was signed, with Parliament, the Supreme Court and others trying to undermine everything the government did, including highly dubious 'negotiations' behind their backs, it's likely the rest of the world will just see it as us finally coming to our senses.

Brexit was about independence, not just trade. That's the prerequisite we demand, and rightly so. Power over our own territory, laws, freedoms. You have an objection to that? We should get that sorted first, then worry about what kind of relationship we have with the EU, given how the EU has behaved in such bad faith throughout.

But Zen Dog, you and I must agree to disagree. These are all old arguments and we know each other's viewpoints. No sense in rehashing them here - wrong thread for a start.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
But Zen Dog, you and I must agree to disagree. These are all old arguments and we know each other's viewpoints. No sense in rehashing them here - wrong thread for a start.

Agreed. Ultimately, neither of our opinions will make a blind bit of difference to the outcome now.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This discussion would be best on the Brexit thread. It's about time that was re-ignited.

This thread is about the 6 person dingy limit that WILL be enforced from Monday, and how we have refugees to thank for Fish and Chips. Also, who will be Lineker's new adopted child.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:35 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Also, who will be Lineker's new adopted child.

'Child'.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:21 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
bhinso wrote:
Also, who will be Lineker's new adopted child.

'Child'.

I'm waiting to hear, "Gary Lineker beheaded in his own home by adopted fighting age child refugees. Salt and vinegar crisps found scattered at crime scene, fish and chips on table still hot." Laughing

Hang on, this guy's supposed to be a fit, healthy sportsman? Hypocrisy extends into all areas of his life it seems.

Elsewhere, I mentioned banning certain types from responsible positions. Now, I may have moved slightly further right still, because I've decided they should be shot Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
This discussion would be best on the Brexit thread. It's about time that was re-ignited.

This thread is about the 6 person dingy limit that WILL be enforced from Monday, and how we have refugees to thank for Fish and Chips. Also, who will be Lineker's new adopted child.

It is on topic, because Brexit was supposed to allow us to police the illegal immigrants problem.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I'm waiting to hear, "Gary Lineker beheaded in his own home by adopted fighting age child refugees. Salt and vinegar crisps found scattered at crime scene, fish and chips on table still hot." Laughing

You're going to have a very long wait because, let's face it, if he does go through with his promise (possible but unlikely), he will definitely not be picking one at random.

Said child will be very heavily screened, probably a sports/academic prodigy, just to demonstrate to all us gammons how wrong we are with our xenophobic thoughts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 173 of 207