Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:09 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Elsewhere, I mentioned banning certain types from responsible positions. Now, I may have moved slightly further right still, because I've decided they should be shot Laughing

It's an odd one isn't it. About 5 years ago I'd have plotted myself as a left leaning libertarian but now in response to all the radical leftist bullshit out there I find myself becoming the little Hitler they claimed I was 5 years ago?

Can't think why.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Elsewhere, I mentioned banning certain types from responsible positions. Now, I may have moved slightly further right still, because I've decided they should be shot Laughing

It's an odd one isn't it. About 5 years ago I'd have plotted myself as a left leaning libertarian but now in response to all the radical leftist bullshit out there I find myself becoming the little Hitler they claimed I was 5 years ago?

Can't think why.

My hope is that by going further over to the right for a while, we can eradicate this silly lefty bullshit. Then we can get back to normality with a balance between more centrist right and left ideals. I don't think of myself as either Labour or Conservative, left or right in normal times. Of course, you can define some of my political beliefs with those descriptions, but overall, I prefer a mix - on the right with some things, on the left with others.

If white supremacists or people with genuine Nazi ideals were the threat, I'd equally shift further left until such nastiness was under control again (if it came to both being prevalent, I'd be fucked Laughing ).

I think this might be described as common sense. But since that has been abolished, we may never know.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen on my YouTube feed of all things that Sweden has been lit up like a Christmas tree (LOL - Christmas) over the course of the last few weeks and it's of course all the fault of a nasty right wing activist. Can't find anything on it from the BBC? Nothing at all...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/riots-sweden-activists-burn-copy-quran-200829143255481.html

Quote:
"It's not right," Malmo resident Shahed told the SVT public broadcaster. "But it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't burned the Quran."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Sweden_riots

Quote:
On 29 August 2020, riots broke out in the Swedish cities of Malmö and Ronneby.[1][2][3][4] After Swedish police prevented Rasmus Paludan, a Danish politician, from entering the country, far-right anti-immigration activists held protests and burned the Quran.[5][6] In response, a mob of 300 people gathered in counter-protest, burned tires, threw rocks and chunks of concrete at the police, and smashed bus shelters, and witnesses heard shouts of 'Allah U Akbar' and La ilaha ilallah.[7][8][9] A prominent Malmo imam responded "Those who are acting in this way have nothing to do with Islam."[10][11]

Can't find any credible news sources but there's plenty of footage on YouTube.

Here is the BBC in 2013 saying right wing politics was on the rise because 15% of the population of Sweden were not born there. 15%....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-22656946

Now, in 2020? 20%?

It's gonna get ugly isn't it.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Lineker adopted his cultural enrichment yet?

Or any of the rest of those celebs for that matter.

Interesting story today about a pizza delivery man of a certain colour who was enticed and peacefully stabbed by a woman of a certain colour which may or may not be different, but maybe that should be in BLM.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Has Lineker adopted his cultural enrichment yet?

He's had a 20% pay cut so that Zoe Ball gets paid the same as him now, cos equality works that way. So I reckon he's probably a bit too poor to pass the financial scrutiny of the adoption agencies now. Sad times.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen a thread about the Iranian family that died in the channel so resurrecting this thread.

First, let me say I don't want anyone to die trying to get here but here is the but......

The heart string pulling papers are making a meal of the fact they paid over 20 grand to people smugglers to get here.

Why?

What am I missing here. Why not buy plane tickets with that 20 grand and fly into Heathrow and apply for asylum? The only thing I can think of is that someone in the family wouldn't be admitted into the country and they know it so if that's the case we wouldn't want them here anyway.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's where Boris and co and completely avoid the "we shouldn't have these people arriving on boat" and point the finger at the criminal traffickers. But it's still only attacking the symptoms.

According to the stats on wikipedia there are millions of them in Germany, the largest population outside of the Middle East. Why come to the UK? The knuckle-dragging "it's 'cos we're a soft touch" isn't enough. Somebody somewhere put the idea in their heads that a) they need to get to the UK and b) that it's impossible to do legally. Also bear in mind that 5mins on Google would show Europe to be one of the most racist places on Earth with minorities persecuted daily.

Some investigation is warranted in Iran/Iraq/Syria etc. and on the common travel routes these illegals use to find out whom is feeding them these false messages.

For example, we might find that vague friends or distant relatives (brother's wife's 2nd cousin...) might be taking commission from traffickers to get people over. A rise from 1800 to over 7000 per year isn't a massive amount compared to the rest of Europe but it does hint that more is going on than a random impulse "let's just get to Calais and see what happens" Thinking

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I haven't seen a thread about the Iranian family that died in the channel so resurrecting this thread.

First, let me say I don't want anyone to die trying to get here but here is the but......

The heart string pulling papers are making a meal of the fact they paid over 20 grand to people smugglers to get here.

Why?

What am I missing here. Why not buy plane tickets with that 20 grand and fly into Heathrow and apply for asylum? The only thing I can think of is that someone in the family wouldn't be admitted into the country and they know it so if that's the case we wouldn't want them here anyway.

I know, family from Iran (Ya SRSLY) but 21 grand!! And obviously the dingy which this paid for was less than desirable.

I guess they borrowed the money of course, in which case someone's going to be pissed off.

Why not stay in France? No dangerous crossing plus you get to behead people and blame it on caricatures of your prophet (blessings be upon him).

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Why come to the UK? The knuckle-dragging "it's 'cos we're a soft touch" isn't enough.

It's 'cos we're a soft touch. Razz Seriously, they don't have to live in shanty towns when they arrive here, do they? We're more civilised than the French. Or dafter. Better/easier benefits?

Also the English language is widely spoken (thanks America), many have contacts here and, despite the apparent low unemployment rate, jobs are readily available due to the gig economy and the black economy.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:34 - 31 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Why come to the UK? The knuckle-dragging "it's 'cos we're a soft touch" isn't enough.

It's 'cos we're a soft touch. Razz Seriously, they don't have to live in shanty towns when they arrive here, do they? We're more civilised than the French. Or dafter. Better/easier benefits?

Also the English language is widely spoken (thanks America), many have contacts here and, despite the apparent low unemployment rate, jobs are readily available due to the gig economy and the black economy.

No.

I did try and pre-empt this by laying out facts but apparently that's not enough these days Wink ( I will admit you could level the "soft touch" as a general Western European thing though.)

There are millions of Kurds in Germany but not here. Language, contacts etc. would all point to Germany being a better destination (without specific detail about this family's circumstances.) If anything the UK would be, along with France, a terrible destination for a Kurd given the sizeable Muslim populations.

What I'm saying is there's no end-to-end investigation going on. Just the usual hand wringing over a sad tale. The Globalists will scream "borders are cruel!" and the Nationalists will scream "hard borders!" neither of which fix anything.

I know a few people from South Africa and they state if they wanted to retire back to the homeland they might only need a tenth of the money compared to remaining in the UK. Okay, so you'd need to live in a gated community with armed guards but the cost of living is much lower.

So why do these people pay insane money to criminals, risk life and limb - literally - to journey to a place with a high cost of living and effectively become slave labour? Wouldn't you move to somewhere less dramatic in terms of geography and culture?

If the boot were on the other foot I reckon most Brits would head to Australia, Canada, NZ... or maybe Spain (sizeable ex-pat community much the same as there are plenty of Kurds in Germany.)

I suspect they're being sold a dream every step of the way and everyone on their journey is taking a slice. From the moment they decide to sell up in their home town to the moment they (maybe) arrive on our shores people are being exploited in a most cruel and vicious way and the lid of this particular Pandora's Box is being held firmly shut by the fat arses of the Globalists.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 31 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaddya mean, "No"? Laughing The correct first line in such circumstances is, "Not really." (© Itchy, - or Lord Percy?)

Were you talking about Kurds specifically?

I don't doubt that Europe, the UK, The West, isn't the "streets paved with gold" peaceful Shangri-La the immigrants thought it would be, but I stand by the reasons already offered. Perhaps the secular society also appeals to someone who has felt persecuted by his own countrymen and their religion.

Easy-X wrote:
I know a few people from South Africa and they state if they wanted to retire back to the homeland they might only need a tenth of the money compared to remaining in the UK. Okay, so you'd need to live in a gated community with armed guards but the cost of living is much lower.

So why do these people pay insane money to criminals, risk life and limb - literally - to journey to a place with a high cost of living and effectively become slave labour? Wouldn't you move to somewhere less dramatic in terms of geography and culture?

Well that's it. Live cheaply, live communally, then retire to the homeland with more money than you could possibly have earned there. Leave as a pauper, return as a rich man, rich family. I know Pakistanis with this exact plan, and it's paying off. They're already having big houses with walled gardens (fortresses!) built in Pakistan ready for their return.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 31 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given people are throwing away their lives (and more importantly, money) attempting to get here I thought a little bluntness was warranted Very Happy

"We're a soft touch!" there's not much can be done with that information. Who is doing the initial whispering in the ear, planting the seed? Friends and relatives already in the UK, ISIS sympathisers* back home or (this one's for Rebel) charity workers funded by Soros, Gates, et al?

*It's conceivable that some people are being funded by terror organisations to travel here. "Yeah, we'll pay your travel expenses if you just do this one thing for us..." Shocked

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 31 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 'wet-bottom' (my phrase, copyright pending...) was interviewed a few weeks back and asked why he chose the UK. His answer was that he could have chosen anywhere, but he chose the UK because he can speak and understand English. So there you have it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 31 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know Pakistanis with this exact plan, and it's paying off. They're already having big houses with walled gardens (fortresses!) built in Pakistan ready for their return.

This is true. I used to work with a bloke who was doing exactly that. I lost count of the number of close family weddings and funerals he had to attend in Pakistan over the years in order to supervise the build.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 01 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Well that's it. Live cheaply, live communally, then retire to the homeland with more money than you could possibly have earned there. Leave as a pauper, return as a rich man, rich family. I know Pakistanis with this exact plan, and it's paying off. They're already having big houses with walled gardens (fortresses!) built in Pakistan ready for their return.

Thing is, that latest family spent 21 grand getting here. That's a sizable chunk in this country so God knows what it could have got them there.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Thing is, that latest family spent 21 grand getting here. That's a sizable chunk in this country so God knows what it could have got them there.

And that's absolutely what I cannot get my head round. 20 grand in somewhere like Somalia or Pakistan would have you living like a king. Same in most African and central Asian countries. £20000 while being a decent amount of money here won't last 5 minutes if you don't have regular income.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:24 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

And that's absolutely what I cannot get my head round. 20 grand in somewhere like Somalia or Pakistan would have you living like a king. Same in most African and central Asian countries. £20000 while being a decent amount of money here won't last 5 minutes if you don't have regular income.

Gut feel is you don't pay up front; you pay after you've got here and your wife has been sold into a brothel and your sons are in Morcambe Bay cockle-picking.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that £20k will no doubt turn into £30k.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indentured servitude

Google it. You accept a debt for passage in exchange for hard labour.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Indentured servitude

And loans from the extended family, including any already here. Also, the equivalent of a "college fund" where parents have saved all their lives to send one of their offspring (usually the eldest son) to The West so that they can hopefully get rich and benefit the rest of the family. Particularly so where the parents had jobs but the offspring can't find work.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Indentured servitude

Sounds a bit like slavery to me.

But....but.... only white people.... slavery

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 03 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A classic example of Indentured Servitude.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 316 days between these two posts...

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:19 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe it's been so long since this thread has been updated, what with the record numbers of boat migrants continually being smashed every other week or so Laughing

Saw this on a friend's Faceache feed today - together with the usual guffawingm from the usual crew of middle aged white liberal middle class Corbynistas, that hold the opinion that illegal immigration sorry I mean the refugee crisis is small-fry compared to X, Y or Z that the Tory Govt cvurrpt scvm are up to these days.

https://newsthump.com/2021/09/13/border-force-agents-on-jetskis-set-to-challenge-real-estate-agents-in-audis-for-2021-prick-awards/?fbclid=IwAR3W6V0XesyaMELQyVFUB6OGTaQOpNHvCJ10k6K4bmts-5rKLvR5tBKox2g

Quote:
The long dominance of the Prick Awards by property salespeople in German sedans, could finally end this year after the Home Office decided to put chubby closet racists in blackshirts on watercraft usually associated with inexplicably wealthy idiots from Florida.

In a press release, the Piers Morgan Foundation, who awards the coveted prize each year, said that a xenophobe on a silly boat might be what it takes to finally dethrone arrogant tossers in A4s who think walking around a home while pointing at features is a skill.

It went on, “Border Force agents, who have all passed the gruelling recruitment process of failing to join the police, have long been seen as pricks by air passengers watching them lean against the wall at Heathrow with their fat arms folded in front of their chests. But their lack of mobility has meant they are only despised for the few hours spent in immigration queues.

“However, now Priti Patel has put them on jetskis, a ridiculous watercraft that thinks pretending to be the motorbike of the seas will help disguise the fact that it’s so poorly designed it will see you get soaking wet even on a lake. Also, making it their sole mission to drown desperate refugees means that everyone knows whoever’s driving one is a prick of the worst kind.”

“But will it be enough to beat someone who parks his 4 ring cuntmobile in a disabled spot because he had to ‘urgently’ tell someone who just got an inheritance that they could get a tidy income by dividing a family home into 12 tiny cramped cells rented out to key workers for £1500 a month?

“What a time to be a twunt!”

I do love a bit of calling Border Force agents pricks for doing their job, and wheeling in a bit of Audi middle class bashing, and even combining it with a bit of housing crisis - so I'll have a crack and combining all of these issues myself to see what gives. Here goes.

About a month ago the record number across the channel was 500 and something. Then in late August the number hit 800 plus.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3804090/grenfell-tower-kctmo-police-investigation-latest-inquiry/

Quote:
How many people live at Grenfell Tower?
An exact figure is unknown but it is a 24-storey tower block with estimates in the immediate aftermath of the tragedy placing the number at around 24 people per floor.

Following the fire, the Metropolitan Police said around 255 people had escaped the blaze while 72 people had died.

However the precise number of people living in the tower at the time of the fire has never been announced.

So let's just say the official figures were on the low side, and that 327 total persons was actually 400 people for nice round numbers' sake.

To put things into perspective - every time a 'record number of migrants' hits the UK shoreline, this country would have to build two Grenfell Towers to house them in.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/latest-wave-of-channel-migrants-to-hit-22-000-ncvwq588x

Quote:
Border Force is braced for 22,000 migrants to cross the Channel in small boats this year with thousands more expected to be smuggled over in lorries.

More than 8,900 migrants have already reached Britain after making the 21-mile journey across from France, exceeding last year’s record total.

Article from 24th July suggests c9,000 already made it. That's ~22 Grenfell Towers. 22,000 in the year would need 55 Grenfells. 55 twenty four storey tower blocks. If we accept the official number of 327 then it's 67 Grenfells. 67 Shocked

https://www.mylondon.news/news/property/croydon-ealing-lewisham-barnet-londons-20496158

Quote:
Tower blocks used to be an inner London thing. Not any more.

Of the more than 500 high-rise buildings that have been granted planning permission or have begun construction last year nearly half (215) are in the outer boroughs, according to estate agent Knight Frank’s 2021 Tall Buildings Survey .

500 given planning permission - that's over 10% of the proposed stock needed just to house illegal immigrants sorry I mean refugees.

Quote:
Local opposition to the huge residential towers planned for the leafy outskirts of the city is significant.

Long-term residents who chose places known for their detached houses and neat gardens, unsurprisingly, are not keen on the prospect of having high-rise towers built next door.

Small-fry indeed Doh!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my mum one of the places all these new homes are being built is Cornwall under the guise of "Eco-Towns." Nobody at a local level wants them - residents or councillors - but apparently the planning permission was forced through by national government.

There's a lot of scams going on down there. For example, the northern roads to St. Austell got pointlessly rebuilt - possibly off the back of the Eden Project - and part of that involved building a solar farm. A solar farm at an altitude where clouds just park themselves a good chunk of the year Rolling Eyes

Anyhoo, I don't believe these towns are being built for the refugees illegal colonists, maybe the plan is a reservation for natives much the same as they do in the US?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:49 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read this piece that says so far that 17000 have made it across the channel this year. Of course irrespective of any approval or rejection of asylum status they are here for life.

As arry says, how many homes have to be built to house them along with the Afghans and with the standard quarter of a million official net migration per year into this country.

We can't house our population, we have a creaking NHS, taxation through the roof because of covid. Schools overflowing and a feral society that is in my view breaking down.

17000 FFS, that's the amount of supporters at a good Championship football match. It's just not sustainable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-58789567
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 175 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 174 of 207