Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 17 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerial surveillance would allow us to determine their exact ETA and point of arrival, greeting them with a lovely electronic record of their journey playable in the hotel bar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Border force has drones, they are Tekever AR5's, they fly near MPD72's house. Maybe he does their IT support?

Hellfires on Reapers are too expensive for migrant boats anyway.

Google say the Tekever AR5 is for "Search & Rescue, Maritime Surveillance and Maritime Patrol" and none of that would be necessary if the boats weren't launched by the people smuggling gangs in the first place.

The drones are to stop boats from being set up and launched from beaches in France and the way to do is to completely dismantle the people smuggling gangs by using precisely targeted strikes.

France are unable to deal with the gangs however Reaper drones would be able to neutralise the gangs and prevent them from being a threat.

Couldn't you just invest in some landmines?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
The birth rate decline is directly linked to...

Don't forget the feminist lie of being "a strong, independent, wammin who don't need no man!" What's that? You've had a successful career, you're in your 40's and no one wants to date you? Oh noes! Or you manage to get a man and now you need to spend all that accumulated wealth on IVF? Such a shame.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Don't forget the feminist lie of being "a strong, independent, wammin who don't need no man!" What's that? You've had a successful career, you're in your 40's and no one wants to date you? Oh noes! Or you manage to get a man and now you need to spend all that accumulated wealth on IVF? Such a shame.

How is that a lie? I know quite a few women in their 40s and older that are happy to be single or living alone, date when they feel like it (they don't struggle to find dates by the way) and are happy not to have children. There are men that are much the same too.

Step away from the misogyny.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

The lie is that happiness can be found in a career and not in raising children. While technically it might be possible it comes at the expensive of the human race dying out.

"I know people..." fine, they should be the exception not the rule. Promoting selfishness is not a good look, IMHO.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:52 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Landmines would neutralise illegal immigrant boat people but the gang behind the people smuggling would be left untouched and free to send more and more boats.

The drone strikes wouldn't be on the coast where the boats leave from, it's all the people involved in the gang who're the targets, those are the people the Reaper drones would be visiting.

Oh and AI would be flying the drones.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:53 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The lie is that happiness can be found in a career and not in raising children. While technically it might be possible it comes at the expensive of the human race dying out.

"I know people..." fine, they should be the exception not the rule. Promoting selfishness is not a good look, IMHO.

I disagree with your basic proviso there. The less people breeding, the better it will be for both the planet and the human population from a global perspective... Not in terms of economics which is an artificial construct but in terms of overall welfare and availability of resources. The human race is a very long way from dying out, unless it's by means of catastrophic overpopulation. Global pandemics are a symptom of that.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:

I've never had kids and I couldn't be happier. It's not a lie at all.

Ah in YOUR opinion... Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:57 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

To paraphrase Stuart Russel, Professor of Computer Science and founder of the Center for Human-Compatible Artificial Intelligence at the University of California, Berkeley in last years Reith lectures:

"AI will do what we ask, not what we want... Do not ask computers to kill people!"

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
How is that a lie? I know quite a few women in their 40s and older that are happy to be single or living alone, date when they feel like it (they don't struggle to find dates by the way) and are happy not to have children. There are men that are much the same too.

Just a point of potential interest:

Research shows that as women get older they find it much harder to find a partner, this is because they only really want a man that is of an equal or better social and wealth standing to themselves, however, those men typically don't want a rusty old crow and go after much younger women.

https://www.science.org/doi/pdf/10.1126/sciadv.aap9815

1. Younger women typically want older men or men of the same age,
2. Older men typically want younger women,
3. Younger men typically don't want an older woman.

Older women find it harder to find partners than older men.

When I was in my 20's I found it hard to get a woman by own age and mostly dated girls in their 18/19s. Now I am in my 30's I find it much easier to get girls 19 - 21. My current girlfriend is 21.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

If you were to replace "human race" with "your line", then I'd find it easier to understand. However, let's look at the practicalities. Is it a royal dynasty? Is there a stupendously humungous estate to bequeathe? Do you share a Y-DNA haplogroup that at least 10 million other guys don't also possess? Are you a rare mountain tiger from Siberia? If the answers to all these questions is no, then all you're doing is passing on the struggle of being a captive animal. If you choose to recognise it, there is (now) a gentle breeze bringing some relief from the ignorance of carnality, i.e. AI and transhumanist technologies.

You're going to cause a lot of grief and sadness to the people you leave behind, when you die. You can spare them this, if you're able to upload your consciousness to the internet, so that you're always there for them in cyberspace. Maybe there's time, and you'll be able to do this. But, if you do, you owe it to yourself to adapt your tribal outlook to something more fitting the new world.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
I know quite a few women in their 40s and older that are happy to be single or living alone, date when they feel like it (they don't struggle to find dates by the way) and are happy not to have children.

Feel free to PM me contact details.. Shifty

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Now I am in my 30's I find it much easier to get girls 19 - 21. My current girlfriend is 21.

Now I am in my 50s I find it much easier to go without and have a wank.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Laughing mate you're still in your prime. Chin up king.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:12 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Now I am in my 30's I find it much easier to get girls 19 - 21. My current girlfriend is 21.

Sex is always better when it's with someone experienced who is concentrating on your pleasure.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

It's an interesting related point actually. If you are in your 20s or 30s and on Tinder as a guy you'll get almost universally rejected because 80% of women go for 20% of men, and the remaining 80% of men are left to fight over the remaining 20% of women. Though in practice men swipe right (like) every woman almost, and women swipe right rarely. But after about 40 ish the balance flips, and women are chasing the men.

I absolutely want women to be happy and have great lives, but feminists aren't really about that as you say. They want to further the cause of upper middle class left wing women, and ruin the lives of men, and that's why nobody likes them Laughing Feminists also lie to themselves a lot.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Landmines would neutralise illegal immigrant boat people but the gang behind the people smuggling would be left untouched and free to send more and more boats.

The drone strikes wouldn't be on the coast where the boats leave from, it's all the people involved in the gang who're the targets, those are the people the Reaper drones would be visiting.

OK lets have both. Maybe have a TV show for the BBC since they lack quality content Laughing

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 19 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Laughing mate you're still in your prime. Chin up king.

Thanks for the encouragement.. Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:20 - 19 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

If you were to replace "human race" with "your line", then I'd find it easier to understand. However, let's look at the practicalities. Is it a royal dynasty? Is there a stupendously humungous estate to bequeathe? Do you share a Y-DNA haplogroup that at least 10 million other guys don't also possess? Are you a rare mountain tiger from Siberia? If the answers to all these questions is no, then all you're doing is passing on the struggle of being a captive animal. If you choose to recognise it, there is (now) a gentle breeze bringing some relief from the ignorance of carnality, i.e. AI and transhumanist technologies.

You're going to cause a lot of grief and sadness to the people you leave behind, when you die. You can spare them this, if you're able to upload your consciousness to the internet, so that you're always there for them in cyberspace. Maybe there's time, and you'll be able to do this. But, if you do, you owe it to yourself to adapt your tribal outlook to something more fitting the new world.

I don't know what you're on but I'm glad I gave up smoking Wink

Scrap my earlier reference to Lord of Light this is more Greg Bear stuff, The Way series - Eon, Legacy...

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:53 - 19 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Scrap my earlier reference to Lord of Light this is more Greg Bear stuff, The Way series - Eon, Legacy...

I have tried to share my antinatalist perspective with you. Of course, you don't have to share it. However, if you don't offer any respect, you don't get any respect.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 19 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You are clearly doing something right if you have the choice...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:09 - 19 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

I have tried to share my antinatalist perspective with you. Of course, you don't have to share it. However, if you don't offer any respect, you don't get any respect.

Huh? Roger Zelazny and Greg Bear are well respected writers, I can't see how either of those can constitute a "dig" unless you consider stories to be of no worth and one can only learn from cold, hard facts Thinking

From Eon...

Wikipedia wrote:
Information technology and "virtual" realms are another important theme. While being held as a "guest" of the Hexamon, Vasquez learns more about their culture; she discovers that (if they choose to) its citizens are fitted with implants that can store, transmit and replicate part or of all their memories and personality. This technology confers many abilities. One is that they can create virtual replicas of themselves (known as "partials" or "ghosts") that contain functional parts of their full personality and are able to operate independently, on their behalf, and then reintegrate their experiences with their original later. In the event of major injury or even death, their implants (if recoverable and undamaged) can be used to "reload" their personalities into artificially reconstructed replicas of their old bodies, or even into entirely new forms. However, many of its citizens are limited to only two "reincarnations" before their personalities are stored in the Hexamon's memory, where they continue to exist in virtual form. Hexamon technology is also able to reconstruct the bodies of the humans from 21st century, as the Soviet commander Mirsky discovers—when he is fatally shot in the head by his rivals during a confrontation in one of the libraries, the Stone's automatic defense and repair systems are triggered by this act of violence. The system reconstructs Mirsky's shattered skull and brain and resurrects him, but—because he lacks a Hexamon implant—it cannot recover all of his memories, and other physical and neurological functions can only be partially restored.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:37 - 21 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

You are clearly doing something right if you have the choice...

'Have a choice..'

Yes probably that's true to an extent BUT I'd have to churn through the dating apps and then have some tedious dates only to find someone who at best is a bit 'meh' - then I'd have to put in a load of effort to maintain what I imagine will be another bland relationship. I think it's fair to say that most of us on here are not in the broadest sense 'normal people'. By which I mean content with an 1990s new estate house, SUV for the wife, night in with a Dominoes and Netflix on a Saturday night blah, blah, bollocks, shite.

Thus my (our?) target partner group of like-minded odd-balls is pretty small.. No dating app addresses that cos there's no money in it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 21 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. If 'er indoors ever feck's off, I wouldn't know where to start. That is, if I even wanted to. On occasion I look around, and I don't see many ladies my age I'd gladly put my back out with, never mind change my habits for... Laughing

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 21 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I understand... I don't see many ladies my age I'd gladly put my back out with, never mind change my habits for... Laughing

and therein lies the problem, In spite for looking fairly youthful 'for my age', I am largely invisible to to the under 50s, that's not say there aren't any attractive over 50s but any kicking about are mostly deluded romantics which I am most definitely not.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 94 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 178 of 207