Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:41 - 30 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Got to be Apple hasn't it. Bring out a new I Phone with some 0.5% increase in some area. Give it a new colour and take £1000+ from all those who want the latest, thank you very much.

In fairness to them, they identified an exploitable weakness in the target consumer. Maybe their products should carry a warning akin to the anti-gambling ones we see on... gambling ads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 30 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We understand that the majority of our iPhone community values responsible and enjoyable iPhone purchases. At the same time, we want to emphasise the importance of taking proactive steps towards maintaining a healthy balance and well-being in your iPhone experience.

Here at Apple, our commitment to Safer iPhones is unwavering. We are here to support you at every step of your journey.

Recognise and celebrate the progress you've made in managing your iPhone impulses. Acknowledge the power of self-awareness in identifying triggers and patterns, enabling you to tackle situations that may lead to excessive iPhone purchases with confidence.

By setting realistic limits on time and spending, you demonstrate your dedication to making mindful choices and fostering self-discipline.

Our dedicated Customer Service Team is available round the clock to address any concerns about your iPhone purchasing behaviours and help you maintain control.

If you're worried about your own iPhone habits, take a moment to complete our problem iPhone self-assessment. This tool can help you gauge whether you're displaying any signs of potentially harmful behaviour. Additionally, if you're concerned about a friend or family member's iPhone habits, we offer additional resources and support.

Your well-being is our priority, and we are here to provide the necessary guidance and assistance whenever you need it.

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:23 - 30 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

each care worker and doctor that we employ as an immigrant to work in the nhs no doubt does some good.

if we are to look at the "greater good", then that same doctor would most likely be desperately needed in their own country. Even more so. Enforcing a brain-drain on e.g. India, Albania etc may help our problems but it certainly hinders the home country from digging themselves out of the pit of despair they may well be in, or find themselves in.

A recent article on BBC website which I cant find due to so many Albania related articles highlighted UK sending aid to a smallish village to help rebuild some parts and make it enticing, due to there being almost no youngsters left in that village. Hence, services are dying, THEY cant find staff for THEIR coffee shops etc. We're tempting away all their talent, their next generation.

This cost of immigration/emigration seldom seems to come up...all well and fine we have a new scientist/plastic surgeon, but that does mean another place DOESNT.

(I'll also add its much much cheaper from UK government point of view to import a working 20yo, be they a doctor, chemist or street sweeper, than what it is to birth one and raise him/her to that age) so I can see what sometimes comes across from the government as a veiled motivation to ensure the status quo.

Back to the original argument, the altar of house price inflation has too many worshippers..how do you fix this? dunno...but adding to the population surely makes many happy due to increased prices of everything.
But that bloke that came to your house party on friday that you didnt know from adam coz of the free punch bowl and tinnies, has no interest in keeping your house in a good shape. And he will go to the next free party when the time comes, leaving you to hoover up.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:59 - 01 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
I'll also add its much much cheaper from UK government point of view to import a working 20yo...

I've not seen any proof of that. We're told it endlessly but that's not the same thing. And 20 years of what? Not State education for starters - 20 years of somebody else's indoctrination system.

An English person conversing with a Scottish person have a whole swathe of unspoken understandings of the world they inhabit. For example: business contracts.

"You will supply 500 widgets by the 12th at £2.59 per widget." Most likely a big box of widgets will get shipped from England on time and at the agreed price. The contract was signed, done deal.

Try the same thing with Indian widgets and either you won't get complete fulfilment on the due date or a phone call a week before explaining all the reasons why the previously agreed price was unrealistic - shortage of labour, sudden increase in the cost of materials, etc.

Now this isn't just a dig at Indians it's the reality that culturally their approach to contracts is to do or say whatever is needed to get the contract and worry about the details later. It all works perfectly fine within India as everyone knows how the system works. (BTW I've seen this first hand with some of my international software development contracts.)

How could things be more cost effective and efficient when cultural differences slow things up?

We were set up for the whole "Multiculturalism is our strength!" lie by being in the EU. Loads of Europeans that, regardless of speaking a different language, had similar cultures to ours. Little needed to be explained and TBH London full of Frogs, Eyeties and Krauts was never a problem. If it was clearly laid out that the UK would lose all the easy to understand people (which was obvious) and have them replaced by cultures totally alien (and we'll also need 10x as many to make up for the loss in understanding) the vote on Brexit would have been completely different.

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:32 - 01 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. Theres a massive hidden cost which I kinda tried to allude to. But its not me nor you looking at these numbers, its some bloke on the end of a line that says its cheaper for another country to create a ready made doctor, to fill a doctor spot we need filling, than to grow one ourselves. And probably the initial upfront cost is much better looking from our point. The extra cost over the next nnn years isnt factored, so isnt shown. Its the cost we have of trying to explain to someone why we cant make a dentist appointment and getting nowhere...or vice versa. Or someone phoning to find out where their parcel is, and it being a 15minute conversation about what is a tracking number, instead of a 1minute conversation.
Add this all up, and we're all miserable.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 01 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politicians are mostly simple creatures. If they believe it more expedient to steal skilled workers than to train the indigenous population it's because they've been advised that's the way to do it by their civil servants that have all the costings and statistics.

Tempting skilled workers with (relatively) better pay and/or conditions is one thing (it wouldn't take much convincing for me to believe such people are an economic benefit to our country, to the detriment of their native country of course) but it's the hordes of unskilled labour: 15% of the UK population that are not just dead-weight but foreign born dead-weight.

"You, sir, are an -ist and a -phobe!" and supposedly it's our duty to take in all the world's sad cases and put them up in hotels and make sure they're first in the queue for council houses. We have a moral duty apparently.

But I will ask again: why should I care more about a Somalian "refugee" over my own family? It smells like "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" Sad

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 01 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
its some bloke on the end of a line that says its cheaper for another country to create a ready made doctor, to fill a doctor spot we need filling, than to grow one ourselves.

UK universities are putting their fees up because education has become a greedy business and they know wealthy foreign students will still pay when Brits can’t.

Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 06 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I find it quite amazing, almost humorous, that the people who are most vociferous about supporting mass immigration are the same ones about moaning how much houses cost to buy or rent and when you say that half a million people coming into the UK each year, needing places to live is forcing up price they get on their soap box and scream racist.

Maybe because the facts show immigration has no effect on house prices and renting? Hating immigrants is a very common racist trope...Not all people that hate immigrants are racists for sure all racist hate immigrants.

Quote:
New arrivals tend to live in denser households and take up less space.

In a 2014 Economic Journal article, Immigration and house prices in the UK, Sá wrote that an increase of immigrants equal to 1% of the initial local population leads to a 1.7% reduction in house prices, based on immigration data from the Labour Force Survey.

There has been one area where immigration has been crucial in attempting to solve the housing crisis: building. The Chartered Institute of Building points out that any caps on immigration will harm housebuilding rates, as not enough British-born nationals are either trained or interested in construction careers, and migrants have been filling the gap.

No posh racist like Farage will leave anywhere near immigrants or Romanians innit?

Anyhow under new James Cleverly immigration rules his own mother would have been kicked out of the UK Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:

In 1940, in the beautiful city of Bo, in Sierra Leone, my mother Evelyn was born. She trained and worked as a schoolteacher as the colonial world she was brought up in began to unwind and recede.

Hearing of the opportunities for women in the United Kingdom, she took the courageous decision to uproot herself and journey to a new country to seek a fresh start.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 06 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Maybe because the facts show immigration has no effect on house prices and renting?

What facts Val? Give me facts and figures that say adding 500,000 (700,000 this year) a year has no effect on housing. Of course half a million extra people a year will affect the housing market. Brick Wall

There were 200,000 home built last year in UK. There were 700,000 migrants according the the ONS. It does not fcuking compute that a deficit of 500,000 homes will not have an effect on prices or rents. Where do you think they will live Val, in t'shoebox in middle of the road? In trees? Why do you think resident Britons who are after places to live after growing up and leaving home are struggling with finding places?

According to you immigrants have no effect on the housing market so then why would resident Britons moving out have any effect on housing market either? What's the difference?

Jesus fcuking wept.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:59 - 06 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every person needs a home of their own. Many share. There are 5 people, 3 dogs and 2 Guinea pigs living in my house.

jeremyr62
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:19 - 06 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

UK universities are putting their fees up because education has become a greedy business and they know wealthy foreign students will still pay when Brits can’t.

Mad

Maybe, but the funding that used to be supplied from the state to run Universities has been cut since the 1980s, so to run the Universities these days they have to recruit high fee paying non indigenous students.
You can argue the rights and wrongs of this, but the Unis were left with little choice.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Val wrote:

Maybe because the facts show immigration has no effect on house prices and renting?

What facts Val?

Facts he makes up in his head.

'The MAC did find an effect in both private and social housing, though'.
'Its analysis suggests that migration has increased house prices and added to the demand for social housing, "inevitably at the expense" of others'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45565124

Lots of other media sources and studies show the same thing: 'a 1 p.p. increase in the immigration rate increases average house prices by 3.3% and rents by 1%.'

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:53 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Not every person needs a home of their own. Many share. There are 5 people, 3 dogs and 2 Guinea pigs living in my house.

Yes, but when those 3 people that aren't you or your wife want to move out they will need 3 abodes. According to Val that won't be a problem because immigration has no effect on house prices and renting. Therefore no people wanting houses will affect it according to him. In fact those 200,000 home I mentioned thst were built are there for no body because no one needs to live in houses according to Val.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be about the local availability of housing too. Those immigrants don’t distribute themselves evenly across the country.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:12 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
It must be about the local availability of housing too. Those immigrants don’t distribute themselves evenly across the country.

They go where their own kind are. A total failure of integration because of mass immigration policies. And I don't blame immigrants wanting to live with their own kind but it was because so many were allowed in so quickly we ended up with Rochdale, Luton and certain no go London boroughs.

But it's OK cause Val says immigration problems are a racist British problem that doesn't exist in Euro wonderland. Sweden, have you noticed? You're totally exaggerating your migrant rape problem. Val says so, it must be true.

Except it isn't....

https://unherd.com/2021/04/swedens-migrant-rape-crisis/

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:24 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

They go where their own kind are.

It used to be the case but not so much now. Serco and the other providers are distributing them around the country, as the money they get for housing them goes further (so ultimately more profit for them).

Local authorities in places like London have been dumping people in other parts of the country for a while.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

They go where their own kind are.

It used to be the case but not so much now. Serco and the other providers are distributing them around the country, as the money they get for housing them goes further (so ultimately more profit for them).

Local authorities in places like London have been dumping people in other parts of the country for a while.

They were doing that with their OAP's when I lived in WSM back in the 80's. Buying up blocks of flats and moving OAP's to their new wonderful retirement by the sea.

then forgetting about them.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Facts he makes up in his head.

No, Val isn't bright enough for that. He/she/it just regurgitates what they're paid to promote on various social media sites each month. It's quite a compliment to BCF that it's a target for propaganda Wink

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:40 - 21 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-agrees-new-rules-hosting-migrants-seeks-cut-numbers-2023-12-20/

"EU agrees new rules on hosting migrants, seeks to cut numbers"

One point mentioned in this article

"Migrant arrivals in the European Union are way down from the 2015 peak of more than 1 million, but have steadily crept up from a 2020 low to 255,000 in the year to November, with more than half crossing the Mediterranean from Africa, mainly to Italy."

Brexit was sort of sold on the theory that autonomy will reduce the problems caused by uncontrolled transit of immigrants from the eu to the uk.

We brexited the EU 2016 just when the EU had a bit of a handle on it.

Nothing really changed. Our politicians are inept at dealing with it so what was then point of spending £billions on Brexit?

I curse Brexit every time I'm stood standing in a queue for passport control with ragheids, africans, chinkies, americans and latinos, when previously I wafted through the electronic gates in seconds. For people like me, it's not just once a year on holidays either.
Fukubrexit, ya Cockend. Mad

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:19 - 21 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I curse Brexit every time I'm stood standing in a queue for passport control with ragheids, africans, chinkies, americans and latinos, when previously I wafted through the electronic gates in seconds. For people like me, it's not just once a year on holidays either.

I curse the EU and British government instead, it's not a Brexit problem. The only reason they don't still use the electronic gates is because of the EUs insistance on a physical date stamp being in your passport. This is either due to a refusal from the EU to accept or introduce a digital system to record length of stay which is sour grapes or a lack of organisation on behalf of the UK government to create one which is incompetance.

Probably both.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 21 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
MCN wrote:

I curse the EU and British government instead, it's not a Brexit problem. The only reason they don't still use the electronic gates is because of the EUs insistance on a physical date stamp being in your passport. This is either due to a refusal from the EU to accept or introduce a digital system to record length of stay which is sour grapes or a lack of organisation on behalf of the UK government to create one which is incompetance.

Probably both.

I mainly enter Europe (geologically) via Hamsterdam or Frankfuck.
The pretty Passport control guys and girls aye just have a butchers at the Passport and ask where I'm coming from and where I'm going.
The other Not Cuntinental European Cuntries stamp.

I don't think the border security folks at the places I enter through give a fuk, as they know that British is still theoretical part of Europe. I think winning 2 WWs for them still counts. Laughing
You're correct, it's ours and their politicians being Hard-nosed.
They got us into the mess and haven't got us out of it.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 21 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Val why South Africa (FYI a black country Val)
is turning back migrants from other black countries

Moar rassis biggits? or are they trying to control the chaos and
damage of uncontrolled immigration?

Lefties like Val will play the tired old race card but SA once welcomed immigrants until the numbers got out of control and resources strained
and these kind tensions in any community will inevitably lead to insecurity anger and violence.

How many migrants are you homing Val?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 21 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:

You're talking like you'd get an answer from a real human being Rolling Eyes

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 21 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
WD Forte wrote:

You're talking like you'd get an answer from a real human being Rolling Eyes

You mean it's not a VAL 9000?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 11 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just the effect on housing though.

Extra population means extra demand on infrastructure (roads, railways, schools, doctors, dentists, hospitals). I could go on.

Seems that the government is somewhat reluctant to fund this requirement.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 206 of 207