Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Change address on day of test?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

FuzzyBallz
Nova Slayer



Joined: 29 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 29 May 2015    Post subject: Change address on day of test? Reply with quote

Hi, new to the forum and new to riding, sorry my first post is a question, but I will be sticking around in the future as I hope to be a fully fledged biker soon!

I am currently living at my mum's and have my Mod 2 next Friday.

I have bought a house and have been doing it up whilst still living at my mum's.

I am planning on moving into my house early next week.

Should I fill my new address out on my counterpart now or just wait to see if I pass my test, and then when we get back to the test centre tell him I need to change my address before he sends my license off? (is this acceptable)

I don't want to send license off now as I need it for the test, and I don't really want to fill the counterpart in now incase I fail my test and he sends my license off and I've got to wait for my license to come back before I can retake the test.

Sorry if it all sounds like a load of waffle!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ben90
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 29 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

When/if you pass your Mod 2 it is strongly recommended that you let the examiner take your licence and have him send it to DVSA to add your A entitlement. This method allows you to keep your pass certificate which may be useful if they magically lose your entitlement (it has happened) as you have retained proof of passing.

In short. Don't mention moving out, pass the mod 2 and hand your licence over. You'll be sent a new one to your folks house. Then apply online to change the address separately. It gives the lowest odds that Doovla will cock anything up.
____________________
Yamaha FZ6 S2
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

FuzzyBallz
Nova Slayer



Joined: 29 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 29 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo don't fancy going through it twice! Shocked

I'll leave it to be as smooth as possible then.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 29 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
let the examiner take your licence and have him send it to DVSA

They just shred it.

Ben90 wrote:
Don't mention moving out, pass the mod 2 and hand your licence over. You'll be sent a new one to your folks house. Then apply online to change the address separately. It gives the lowest odds that Doovla will cock anything up.

Completely agree.

Change of address is free.

Oh, rather than surrender your shiny new license with your A on it and risk them cocking up the replacement, you can just tick the "lost" box. I've "lost" at least three.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tomupcraft
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 30 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I've changed my address on my licence, they've been pretty quick to send me a new one, so you shouldn't be waiting for long after you change the address.

But yeah, wait until after.
____________________
CBF125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 127 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.49 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 44.79 Kb