Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

?????KSR MOTO GRS 125??????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:51 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: ?????KSR MOTO GRS 125?????? Reply with quote

Went to see a Varadero today at AAA motorcycles in Paisley, any way whilst there me and my mate noticed all the nice lookin bikes in the show room, the one that really caught my eye was KSR MOTO GRS 125. Had a sit on it height was perfect for me to have both feet on the floor (short arse) and nice up right riding position. 2 year warranty.
Thing is that for the price of a 10 year old Varadero, I could have a brand spankin new bike with a 2 YEAR WARRANTY, only intend keeping it for about a year n a bit till I sit my DAS so seems like a good deal. Guy in the shop wasn't pushy and answered all I asked him, nice chap.

Any one had any experience of these bikes I know its made in china with Austrian design, can only find good reviews on the net, just wondered your thoughts on them.
Cheers

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 02:43 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, KTM Duke 125 clone... Chinese... Insurance companies may not want to touch it... Spares may be hard to find if they're ever necessary despite the warranty... Resale value may be an issue... Website reviews sound good, it's a shame I can't find any research reviews... I'd say Varadero because of the Japanese 125 or nothing mentality that BCF has injected into my brain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:02 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Re: ?????KSR MOTO GRS 125?????? Reply with quote

Tinkz wrote:
?????KSR MOTO GRS 125??????

how many questions are you asking?

remove many of the "?" if you want to look less prickish.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:20 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 'first ride' reviews rather than ownership stories. 11hp. £2000? Laughing

The upside would be that I believe AAA actually do warranty work - they were bawwwing about the costs of doing so last time I was in.

These guys seem a lot ropier...

https://www.portman-motors.com/

... but they do stock Lexmotos which will set you back at least £500 less. That's a lot of spares, and less depreciation.

https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/motorcycles.php
Tinkz This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Only 'first ride' reviews rather than ownership stories. 11hp. £2000? Laughing

The upside would be that I believe AAA actually do warranty work - they were bawwwing about the costs of doing so last time I was in.

These guys seem a lot ropier...

https://www.portman-motors.com/

... but they do stock Lexmotos which will set you back at least £500 less. That's a lot of spares, and less depreciation.

https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/motorcycles.php

Portman! heard many a horror story about their KIA dealership from my auld man, poor aftersales

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Re: ?????KSR MOTO GRS 125?????? Reply with quote

Tinkz wrote:
now if you haven't got something worthwhile to contribute PISSSSS
off, that enough SSSSSS's for you.
Thanks

Who are you, the forum police?

gtfo

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpartanX wrote:
Hmm, KTM Duke 125 clone... Chinese... Insurance companies may not want to touch it... Spares may be hard to find if they're ever necessary despite the warranty... Resale value may be an issue... Website reviews sound good, it's a shame I can't find any research reviews... I'd say Varadero because of the Japanese 125 or nothing mentality that BCF has injected into my brain.

AAA have told me they can get any spare part for any bike they stock in 24 hours, no reason to not believe them . owner seemed a genuine motorcycle enthusiast.

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Re: ?????KSR MOTO GRS 125?????? Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Tinkz wrote:
now if you haven't got something worthwhile to contribute PISSSSS
off, that enough SSSSSS's for you.
Thanks

Who are you, the forum police?

gtfo

Maybe!

So grown up does your MUMMY know you're online just now, very naughty of you, next you'll be pulling wings off flies Laughing

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Re: ?????KSR MOTO GRS 125?????? Reply with quote

Tinkz wrote:
Maybe!

So grown up does your MUMMY know you're online just now, very naughty of you, next you'll be pulling wings off flies Laughing

Really...
Poor effort considering you've been here since Oct '14.

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Re: ?????KSR MOTO GRS 125?????? Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Tinkz wrote:
Maybe!

Really...
Poor effort considering you've been here since Oct '14.

REALLY...
nearly 17,000 posts, you need to get out more!

All I wanted was opinions on a bike and you go making out I'm a "prick", ???? marks certainly got your attention, out of nearly 17,000 posts how many were worthwhile comments I wonder.

I'm not on here for a slagging match, I could go round a mates for a laugh for that. so instead of meaningless thread spoiling comments, you can have the last word on this matter then please do everyone a favour and try to be more constructive.

Yes I've been around for a short time does this make me a "prick" too, just because I'm trying to get into biking. You must be an inspiration to the masses eh! God help all learners!
Jewlio Iglesias This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hefty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:47 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkz wrote:
AAA have told me they can get any spare part for any bike they stock in 24 hours, no reason to not believe them

Not until they give you a reason, but by then it's too late init..

Tinkz wrote:
owner seemed a genuine motorcycle enthusiast.

This means you can take his word as gospel?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:08 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good long (non sales) chat with Mr and Mrs AAA and they do seem straight-up. They were saying they don't stock bikes that create warranty work, as it's their main cost - they have to eat the labour. For example, they aren't touching the Sinnis Apache 250 as it's fuel injected and diagnosing FI problems is a pain in the arse.

Tinkz wrote:
Portman! heard many a horror story about their KIA dealership from my auld man, poor aftersales

Probably no aftersales, but there's not much to go wrong on those bikes and worse case Lexmoto UK should back you if need be.

I do agree that I'd rather give my money to AAA. I don't know if I'd prefer to give them £500 - £850 more though.

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I had a good long (non sales) chat with Mr and Mrs AAA and they do seem straight-up. They were saying they don't stock bikes that create warranty work, as it's their main cost - they have to eat the labour. For example, they aren't touching the Sinnis Apache 250 as it's fuel injected and diagnosing FI problems is a pain in the arse.

Tinkz wrote:

Probably no aftersales, but there's not much to go wrong on those bikes and worse case Lexmoto UK should back you if need be.

I do agree that I'd rather give my money to AAA. I don't know if I'd prefer to give them £500 - £850 more though.

They did seem straight up, no hard sell at all, just nice people.
Its only money Roger Wink I liked the bike, suited me, just felt right. Think I'll be going back to see them Very Happy

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:33 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is only money, but the turn-key depreciation would pay for your DAS.

Actually, I'd be impressed if you manage to lose less than £1K on it.

Sorry for being Buzz Killington.

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As is my role on BCF, I feel I should use the opportunity to point out how low the depreciation is on an MSX. Find a 200 mile 6 month old version for £2200, and it should hold 85% of its value for the next 12 months

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
It is only money, but the turn-key depreciation would pay for your DAS.

Actually, I'd be impressed if you manage to lose less than £1K on it.

Sorry for being Buzz Killington.

Like all new things when you drive it out the showroom you lose a small fortune, I could buy a lemon second hand with no comebacks, so I'll have to weigh up the pro's n cons before deciding.
Not too worried about the Das costs, want to get some experience on the road first.

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 21 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Northern Monkey"]As is my role on BCF, I feel I should use the opportunity to point out how low the depreciation is on an MSX. Find a 200 mile 6 month old version for £2200, and it should hold 85% of its value for the next 12 months[/quote

I would look like Donkey Kong on that Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:23 - 22 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, fair play. We won't find out how good KSRs are unless someone takes the plunge.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 22 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

KSR ?
Dey is like Austrian innit

https://www.ksr-group.com/index.php/history_ksr_en.html

Just did some quick googling not sure if Austrian made
or a Chinese cloney type thing and badged for KSR
How good? who knows
Edit:
Spares 'n shit mentioned here
https://www.ksr-group.com/index.php/services_ksr_en.html

Personally if I wanted a 125 only until I upped my license
I'd go the cheap shitter route
Well maybe not shitter, but just a modest reliable bike that kept going.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:00 - 22 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Just did some quick googling not sure if Austrian made or a Chinese cloney type thing and badged for KSR

I'm entirely sure that they're Chinese made. Just another Sinnis / WK / Lexmoto re-badging exercise. I'd take KSR's claims that they had any hand in the design or development (beyond the logo) with a huge pinch of salt.

Not definitive, but you could plug the VIN into:

https://www.whomademybike.com/

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 03:03 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I was thinking you were all yammering on about the Kawasaki KSR, which has been plying the roads years before Honda's MSX/Grom even popped up Laughing

https://onlytruecars.com/data_images/gallery/01/kawasaki-ksr-110/kawasaki-ksr-110-02.jpg

With Chinese or other bikes of suspect origin/manufacture IMO the best approach is to curb your enthusiasm.

Chinese bikes lately seem to be nailing it in the looks department with their USD forks and whatnot and I suppose that combined with the price is what's drawing people in. Personally I still think they all look like shite Laughing (and probably made of shite too). Still rather go 2ndhand Japanese.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:34 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadwolf wrote:
Still rather go 2nd hand Japanese.

Which Japanese made 125 would you suggest?

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:43 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
deadwolf wrote:
Still rather go 2nd hand Japanese.

Which Japanese made 125 would you suggest?

Not so much Japanese made as Thai-made with Japanese QC (whatever that's worth nowadays). How about the good ol' YBR125?

I suppose I lucked out with the whole 125 learner shebang by starting with a Suzuki GP100 that cost 600 quid and only needed 60 quid of mechanic's time to get running properly. As a result never had to fuss over which overpriced learner machine to eat depreciation on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2