?????KSR MOTO GRS 125??????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:49 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadwolf wrote:
Not so much Japanese made as Thai-made with Japanese QC (whatever that's worth nowadays). How about the good ol' YBR125?

Made in China. Or maybe Pakistan now.

Thai would be Honda, with the CBR125 and now the CB125F.

I mean, last time I checked, they seem to be chasing the bottom dollah or least uppity workforce remorselessly.

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:25 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

After speaking to a couple of dealers, they told me that even the newer JAP 125's are all made in china now!

Maybe quality control is different in each production line.

I googled Chinese bikes and all the big name manufacturers are in bed with the Chinese factories, Also BMW's 650 engines are produced in China.
This must count for something

I know of guys who wont buy a Skoda, even though its now built to VW standards.

Are we all BADGE SNOBS I wonder

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:44 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

China, India, Malaysia, Thailand and Pakistan now. Most of them are sold into the Asian and Oriental markets for bowl-of-rice money.

The new BMW 650 single is indeed made by Loncin. There are plenty of reports of the oil cooler leaking, as well as pissing from the valve covers especially after highly trained BMW Motorrad Monkeys have been at it, so it may not have been the smartest move.

Here's what paying £2500 for an Indian made "Japanese" CBF 125 buys you after 4 years of UK use:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/tn0AAOSw9N1ViB6-/$_86.JPG
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/eoUAAOSwjVVViB6-/$_86.JPG
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/kSwAAOSwMmBViB6~/$_86.JPG
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/0h0AAOSwyQtViB7B/$_86.JPG
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/TXMAAOSwLVZViB7A/$_86.JPG
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/4fgAAOSwu4BViB7B/$_86.JPG
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/1KMAAOSw-vlViB7C/$_86.JPG

Tinkz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basically, you pays your money and takes your chances, "JAP", CHINESE, INDIAN ETC.
If it can happen to a Honda (in the pics) it can happen to any bike.
Look after it and hope for the best if your buying a 125.

I still think its better spending £2000 on a new bike with new components and a 2 year warranty, than a 10 year old bike that might give me more problems and a list of parts I need after a days ownership.

I'm not saying that all 2nd hand bikes are a bad buy, but if its a 125 its likely to have been used/abused to train on etc by learners, so think i'll be buying a KSR MOTO GRS 125 Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 23 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask someone to post comparable pictures of a 10 year old CG, Varadero, YBR etc. Oh, and a 10 year old anything Chinese.

tinkerman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:11 - 23 Aug 2015    Post subject: Here's what paying £2500 for an Indian made "Japanese&q Reply with quote

Lets get things in perspective about this Indian Honda. judging by the pics its in a really bad state. But looking past the rusty parts there evidence of owner abuse and missed opportunities to maintain and repair it. There's evidence of dents, a broken front mudguard and various other maladies which could have been rectified long ago. it doesn't look at if its been cleaned since it left the showroom. If you are going to trade part of your life working to earn the money to buy a bike, why not look after it?
My friend owns a shop and is dealing in the KSR range, he is a little "one man band" shop employing 2 mechanics, his guiding principle is that being a local shop he has a reputation to uphold as the grapevine would shut him down faster than a politician breaks a promise, if he sold duff bikes word would get around quickly. He doesn't want to sell something that will be back in for warranty work tying up his mechanics and his phone sorting it out with the importers. Having originally sold 8 bikes to a local training school he waited to see if it was a quality or crap product, the result: no returns for warranty work but orders for spares related to dropped bikes.
I am not promoting the KSR brand or saying its the best 125 on the market, but just because China has been taking over production of the small bike market doesn't mean they're all likely to be crap.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 141 days between these two posts...

mas101
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:18 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: ?????KSR MOTO GRS 125?????? Reply with quote

Tinkz wrote:
Went to see a Varadero today at AAA motorcycles in Paisley, any way whilst there me and my mate noticed all the nice lookin bikes in the show room, the one that really caught my eye was KSR MOTO GRS 125. Had a sit on it height was perfect for me to have both feet on the floor (short arse) and nice up right riding position. 2 year warranty.
Thing is that for the price of a 10 year old Varadero, I could have a brand spankin new bike with a 2 YEAR WARRANTY, only intend keeping it for about a year n a bit till I sit my DAS so seems like a good deal. Guy in the shop wasn't pushy and answered all I asked him, nice chap.

Any one had any experience of these bikes I know its made in china with Austrian design, can only find good reviews on the net, just wondered your thoughts on them.
Cheers

Did you get the KSR? if so how did it go?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2