Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Budget discussion.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:15 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Budget discussion. Reply with quote

So far all that's peaked my interest is new cars and bikes will have the MOT exemption period extended from three to four years. Also the woman MP sat behind Cameron who appeared to be doing her pelvic floor exercises, that or she had an itch somewhere she couldent scratch.

Last edited by Ribenapigeon on 13:20 - 08 Jul 2015; edited 1 time in total

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping there's a huge tax for people who park on pavements outside shops.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Re: Budget discussion. Reply with quote

King Rat wrote:
So far all that's peaked my interest is new cars and bikes will have the MOT exemption period extended from three to four years. Also the woman MP sat behind Cameron who appeared to be doing her pelvic floor exercises, that or she had an itch somewhere she couldent scratch.

One in the grey cardigan?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:51 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I expect the Guardianistas will be frothing at the mouth and labelling it as a budget for the rich, which attacks the poor, before anything has even been announced.

Exhibit A:

Hetzers facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009004310620&fref=ts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the limits they are putting on people who like popping out many many kids
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Re: Budget discussion. Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:

One in the grey cardigan?

Yup,

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF

"Road Tax" to be spent on roads?

Quote from the BBC
"VED will be paid into a dedicated road fund to be used on road projects."

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road projects = re-block paving council/government official driveways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/07/benefit-cuts-blackburn-child-working-tax-credits

The baaaaawwwing has started in advance over at the Guardian already too, what a surprise.
These folk could instead just demonstrate a little bit of evolution and try having intercourse without
conceiving. Contraception has been provided free for donkeys years in the UK, but oddly it's not as popular
as the free money given out to those using their vaginas as cashpoints.

It's VERY reliable, 14 years with my Mrs, (We decided long ago kids weren't for us,) and not so much as
a scare in well over a decade. If you don't want/can't afford kids it's very easy to NOT have them. I'm glad the gravy train
has been derailed by common sense. Just think how much overtime these people could put in if they
didn't have kids to worry about. It's about time something was done to discourage people for breeding for £££s.

On topic, I watched a story on 'The Met - Policing London' last night about an 18 year old somali girl, married off at 13
(in accordance with her medieval religion of peace and just a smattering of child abuse and genital mutilation)
to (surprise surprise) a violent and controlling
husband. Eventually after 'escaping' back to the UK she and her 3 kids (at 18 Shocked ) were put in a decent (free)
flat in a decent, clean well lit block, the flat had obviously not long been renovated and she was given
all the help she could have possibly wished for from the UK taxpayer to bring those kids up in considerably
better conditions than she could 'back home'. Including free unlimited health care for her and them.
Unfortunately (for her baby) she was too busy on Facebook chatting up some other inbred bucktoothed
skinny pirate to feed her baby, which was SCREAMING through hunger in the background.

Too busy on Facebook to clean the (free) flat up and wash some dishes despite having unlimited time
to do so, instead preferring to spend that time online looking for male attention (You could argue this is
what got her into this mess but Muslim so what do you expect). Her two slightly more mobile toddlers
had managed to scavenge some scraps from round the house and were literally eating from the huge amount
of rubbish left on the floor around the place. Somehow negotiating the maze of insects, rotten food, broken glass
and dirty nappies also strewn all over the floor. Then when she noticed (wifi downtime?) her clearly emaciated
baby had snuffed it, (It was so bad that the guy conducting the PM was in (real) tears) she then made
the obligatory 'Someone please help my precious baby is dead' call with all the necessary tears and 'confused' shouting.
The full oscar winning 'DSS immigrant victim' routine employed in full effect as had doubtless been done numerous times
before. On a side note, I'd bet that poor baby had been laying dead for a day or two before the 999 call
was made. After she first consulted community elders about how best to proceed (read get away with it)
because to them Gods law>mans law. My sister has loads of Somalis on her patch and this approach is
very common before reporting anything to the Police, they have to try and get a conviction with partial
statements littered with lies, faux 'forgetfulness' and conveniently missing physical evidence.

SHE killed that baby through neglect and her only penalty was she got her other two kids taken from her
(saved their lives by doing that) and she laughably got a 2 year suspended sentence(because of cultural sensitivities no doubt).
She's probably already pregnant again. Rolling Eyes
It's about time they cracked down on this, there's no point keeping the birthrate up if it's only the dossers/invaders doing it.
In real life, that just breeds more future claimants despite what certain societal quarters would
attempt to have you believe... It would make MORE financial sense to reward people for NOT breeding.

Last edited by grr666 on 20:16 - 08 Jul 2015; edited 4 times in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:24 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's not much more than a gesture really"

Very much so.

The money in the VED pot won't quite cover the total spending on roads.

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/spending_chart_2006_2016UKb_14c1li111lcn_60t

Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:45 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

N cee thirty wrote:
good budget

social media has the usual moaners , they voted for miliband, yet he was only aiming for £8 an hour by 2020 ¬_¬

It wasn't a bad budget and I agree something needs to be done about working tax credits as they were never meant to be a subsidy to employers. It is going to cause problems for a lot of my clients who are on low wages though unless employers promptly step up to the plate and pay better. The buy to let tax changes are good as well, they might even cool off the cost of smaller properties by making them less attractive as buy to lets. Changes to the work support group on ESA is a bit crap though, as I understand it ESA recipients in the work related activity group will be put on the same rate as JSA.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:11 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap on insurance claims management company charges seems fairly relevant.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Re: Budget discussion. Reply with quote

King Rat wrote:
new cars and bikes will have the MOT exemption period extended from three to four years

Chinky bikes will have pretty much rotted away to dust by the end of 4 years.

BrownTrousers
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:58 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Osborne wrote:

£95% of new cars to suffer VED of £140 pa flat rate, rather than numerous emissions bands.

Cant see if something similar true for bikes......

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Re: Budget discussion. Reply with quote

King Rat wrote:
So far all that's peaked my interest is new cars and bikes will have the MOT exemption period extended from three to four years..

I've got a 13 plate CRF and a 15 plate CBF does it apply to either of those? Praying
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:03 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely, what with it not being a new vehicle. Wink

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

"National living wage" is a joke

FFS £9 per hr or £350 for a standard 39 hr week take into account deductions
it may be a living wage but what do you call living to me that is a life support existence

my biggest problem is big company's making billions paying more dividends to there already rich share holders than increasing their employee's wages
your employee's are the ones that generate your profit so they should be paid accordingly

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because without the shareholders investing/risking huge sums of money to keep companies afloat, there would
be no employees. If I'd sunk millions into a firm like for instance Greggs then I'd expect a massively better return
than the 2 GCSEs barely literate drongo loading frozen pre made pasties into an oven gets. And if I didn't get it I'd take my
millions somewhere else where I would get that return. It's the principal reason people buy up large portfolios
of shares, to make money. But shares are available to anyone with minimal amounts of money, even
the 2 GCSEs drongo could put some cash back into the firm that supports him.
Let's not forget, the guy with 10 million quid tied up in a firm may lose everything if the firm hits
bad times, the shelf stacker would lose their 'crap' job and a small income. Both considerably easier
to replace than 10 million quid is.

I'd even bet Greggs, like many big companies has a share scheme too, voluntary or otherwise. If you don't
take advantage while it's on offer, that's your lookout. Most big organisations encourage staff
on the lower rungs to have a stake in the company that employs them, it's simple good business sense.
There's a difference between being excluded from share ownership and opting out because you'd rather
spend your money on other things.

You reap what you sow, I still have shares in Stagecoach from 20 years ago when I worked there.
They gave me some each year as an employee benefit, and I topped them up as I got a better rate than
Joe Public buying more. If I sold them tomorrow, I'd make a few quid, but they are worth more to me
as an asset so I leave them be. Pretty canny for a 21 year old at the time but still it's a nice little nest egg
to cash in one day. Bottom line is I only drove the buses, someone else paid for them, so of course they
should get a greater reward.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 years ago it was a different matter
I was earning £15+ an hour on contract in the IT field

today the poor worker is the lowest part of the industrial ladder
share holders top, managers next, and down it goes
NMW is a joke as I said workers are 10 a penny and easily replaced in the current market

fortunately I don't have that mentality when it comes to people that work with me

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
That's because without the shareholders investing/risking huge sums of money to keep companies afloat, there would
be no employees. If I'd sunk millions into a firm like for instance Greggs then I'd expect a massively better return
than the 2 GCSEs barely literate drongo loading frozen pre made pasties into an oven get.

Nope jobs and businesses are driven by DEMAND. Not by supply.

Thus you don't see companies selling VHS players as there is no demand. Nor do you see pubs in Saudi Arabia.

A company can open all the shops they want. Yet if there is insufficient demand then the business is not viable.

Do you know what increases demand? People having more money. People at the bottom generate more demand than people at the top. Namely because they buy things which don't last as long and thus need replacement. Also one individual can only consume so much.

The current/old model was wages are just a cost! Which forgot that employees are also consumers.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5