Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Budget discussion.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You can think you're as much of an economic genius as you want, their isn't a hope in hell's chance I'd put you in charge of the UK economy.
I might give you a shot in a communist country, but anything in the developed world? No thanks.

So why would you put somebody who has a history degree in charge?

You realise that they don't really have any plan and are merely muddling through the best they can right?

Plus you think I'm communist? You do realise that the UK had close to 50% of GDP as public spending right? The UK during 2005-2010 was more communist than East Germany which only got up to about 30%.

I am actually a non interventionist. Don't subsidise, don't bail out, don't interfere don't mandate and don't restrict (many things). Within a short time all of the problems resolve themselves.

Help to buy, tax credits, housing benefit, JSA, state pensions, aircraft carriers etc all seem very subsidy to me and are the antithesis what I want.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You're wasted collecting trolleys, you should be curing the global turn down in worldwide economies with your knowledge. Such a waste of talent!

I'm sorry but I noticed that you were completely unable to refute my argument with any sound counter arguments and therefore turned to insults.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

So why would you put somebody who has a history degree in charge?

Most successful graduate I've had under my charge had a degree in history. Worst ever a business degree.

Why are we even suggesting a degree is in some way a qualification for role or a barometer of intelligence, again?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Most successful graduate I've had under my charge had a degree in history. Worst ever a business degree.

Why are we even suggesting a degree is in some way a qualification for role or a barometer of intelligence, again?

Well him above bought it up. He essentially said he's more qualified than you and therefore he knows better. Except he isn't which kind of poo poo'd his argument which is why he needed to turn to insults rather quickly.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Well him above bought it up. He essentially said he's more qualified than you and therefore he knows better. Except he isn't which kind of poo poo'd his argument which is why he needed to turn to insults rather quickly.

Ah yes I see it now. The classic cock wave
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Lots of back tracking, strawmen, insults and belief in politicians Laughing

We have a winner.

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote Itchy for Labour leader 2015.

Anyway, surprised nobody's mentioned the hike in insurance premium tax yet, since it's going to affect everyone here.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:

Anyway, surprised nobody's mentioned the hike in insurance premium tax yet, since it's going to affect everyone here.

Disrespecting me brah?

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Vracktal wrote:

Disrespecting me brah?

Shit I glossed over it because you called it IPT and it was posted in the middle of the mpd/Itchy economics power hour Embarassed
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tories are very good at playing on Osbournes image as a sober sided dull stick to promote him as a technocrat. He's not he's as much a right wing neo-Victorian ideologue as nut jobs like Ian Duncan Smith or Gove.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Plus you think I'm communist? You do realise that the UK had close to 50% of GDP as public spending right? The UK during 2005-2010 was more communist than East Germany which only got up to about 30%.

That's an alarming figure.
Which political party was running the country during that period?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"It's not much more than a gesture really"

Very much so.

The money in the VED pot won't quite cover the total spending on roads.

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/spending_chart_2006_2016UKb_14c1li111lcn_60t

Wink

That's the transport budget. Probably includes trains, airports, and bus subsidies too.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Lots of back tracking, strawmen, insults and belief in politicians Laughing

We have a winner.

I seem to recall, a few years back, you forecasting that we'd be into hyperinflation by now.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:
Vote Itchy for Labour leader 2015..

Labour?

You do realise what non intervention means right? It means day 1 of my regime would result in 212bn of cuts as the government would no longer pay any sort of benefits.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

Which political party was running the country during that period?

Chart 2 here:

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/5326/economics/government-spending/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 08 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Not sure about that, what quals has osbourne got? an a A level in maths is what i heard

From Wikitruthpedia

Quote:
University of Oxford where he received a 2:1 bachelor's degree in Modern History.

In 1993, Osborne intended to pursue a career in journalism. He was shortlisted for but failed to gain a place on The Times trainee scheme, and instead did freelance work on the Peterborough diary column of The Daily Telegraph. Some time later, an Oxford friend of his, journalist George Bridges, alerted Osborne to a research vacancy at Conservative Central Office.

I have an O level in Economics. Can I be Chancellor? Bounce!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 09 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

I seem to recall, a few years back, you forecasting that we'd be into hyperinflation by now.

I happily maintain there will be a major reset sometime in the future. The thinking along the lines of oh it hasn't happened means it will never happen is wishful at best.

Primarily because nothing has really changed since 2006-2007 the debts are even bigger and expenditures are even bigger. Yet the tax take has grown by about 20bn. The figures are on UKspending.

The biggie is the triple lock 155bn give away for pensioners that's 25% of the budget without borrowing. This is set to mushroom.

There is now some sort of common crazy thinking of oh but national budgets aren't like house hold budgets! We can print money to pay off those debts as if there isn't something wrong with that.

Back in 2003 we had a child asking Blair why can't we just print more. He says because any money we print lessens it's value.

5 years later the UK government is printing money 7 years after that we have MSM commentators we can and should print cos it's free money. That thinking sends shivers down my spine and as with the other thread GDP per capita fell deeply because of it.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 09 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
we all know there is a housing shortage, I was in the building trade for years and know who this will effect people

Quote:

Tax relief on Buy-to-Let mortgages to be reduced to the basic rate of tax phased in over four years commencing 2017

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:56 - 09 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this MLW is introduced surely this defeats the point of trying to progress. There are heaps jobs now that are full time starting on £18k or less. May as well not bother with the hassle of trying to move up the ladder and just doss off on an £18k a year job. Why wouldn't you?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 09 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
When this MLW is introduced surely this defeats the point of trying to progress. There are heaps jobs now that are full time starting on £18k or less. May as well not bother with the hassle of trying to move up the ladder and just doss off on an £18k a year job. Why wouldn't you?

It's not dossing off to just have a modest job. Not everyone wants to go hacking their way up a career ladder. In fact I would say one of the big problems in our society is the obsession with pursuing a career taking precedent over just being good at your job.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 09 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/ids-fires-kalashnikov-into-air-20150709100014
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5