Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

karma revoking not working properly..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:27 - 12 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping

Really?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:05 - 12 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. That's about as much as I'm getting into for now.

Now stop it.

Both of you.

I would STRONGLY recommend the use of the enemy setting to both PaulFzs and Acerman. Simply click on the persons profile and under the "relationship" tab, select "enemy" from the dropdown and click "submit". Any future posts from that person will be hidden.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:10 - 12 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I would STRONGLY recommend the use of the enemy setting to both PaulFzs and Acerman. Simply click on the persons profile and under the "relationship" tab, select "enemy" from the dropdown and click "submit". Any future posts from that person will be hidden.

You have set them both to enemy then? Razz

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:16 - 12 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

You have set them both to enemy then? Razz

I can't say I'm not tempted.

I only currently have one regular poster enemied.

Only thing is I can't keep an eye on them if I do.

One more shill account from either party and they're banned.

Acerman may currently be having trouble posting because his recently created shill account was nuked which also bans the IP it was posting from... Given they are one and the same person, this will of course ban his IP too.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:51 - 12 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Acerman. You deliberately made a sockpuppet account to carry on a karma war. It's now been nuked and you may find the IP you posted it from has been banned too...

Do it again and you're banned.

Acerman had been banned for creating another account having been warned what would happen if he did.

If he is reading this he should be aware that the number of people regularly posting on this forum from a small island off the North coast of Norway can be counted on a single digit.

If you want to post again, you will need to register a new account and do not post from it. Use it to contact the site admin by email to appologise and explain why you think you should be allowed to rejoin the forum. If Korn says it's ok, then you can start posting again.

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:33 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit new here and baffled by some of this. I've read the Help section but I can't see a description of how karma revoking happens. If you feel wronged are you supposed to PM a mod or something? Or do the mods read all the negative ratings anyway?

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel wronged you're probably partly responsible. The best remedy is to get on with life.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
I'm a bit new here and baffled by some of this. I've read the Help section but I can't see a description of how karma revoking happens. If you feel wronged are you supposed to PM a mod or something? Or do the mods read all the negative ratings anyway?

I've not posted in any of your threads?

Maybe unintentionally 'derailing'?

Thinking

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:06 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
If you feel wronged you're probably partly responsible. The best remedy is to get on with life.

Agreed, but how does the system work?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:11 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write a PM about your karma system grievances and send it to Rogerborg cos he's admin. Thumbs Up

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:13 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:19 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.

The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
Pete. wrote:

Agreed, but how does the system work?

If you give lots of negative karma to the same person over x period of time it has (had?) a rule built in so that you could only go so far before your given karma got overturned and you'd end up with a big chunk of your own missing as a result
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:22 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

But who does the overturning?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:

The Matrix

The tables behind the system. All we see is code.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:25 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to go to some effort with rating posts for your ratings to be automatically revoked.

Last edited by Ste on 21:35 - 14 Sep 2015; edited 1 time in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:27 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:

In your case, you see where it says "This rating was revoked by G"?

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I noticed that.

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by Bikeless on 09:24 - 15 Sep 2015; edited 1 time in total
.. This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:21 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why people need to be told in the FAQ about how they can get bad karma revoked. Poor MacGyver thinks his ratings are permanent.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
i have a brain cell with an idea! if admins removed the post rating karma option then no one can bitch about it! Rolling Eyes been helping someone with their Aprilia RS4 50 2 stroke which uses the Derbi/Piaggio D50B0/D50B1 engine (exact same engine in my SX 50) all i get from others who don't know JACK SHIT! about this engine claiming its a 4 stroke Rolling Eyes then they rate every post i've made in these threads as "confusing" "bad karma" Thumbs Down

we also have the option to ignore members posts with "bad karma"...so why do i fucking bother wasting my fucking time when members with this option selected wont even fucking see my fucking posts! this karma rating should of never been activated on this forum - BCF Admins fucked up big time with their really daft choice Tut Tut FUCK THIS WORTHLESS FORUM & FUCK ITS SHITE ADMINS...FUCK YOU ALL!!! feel free to start talking shit! behind my back right after i leave ...Goodbye' Middle Finger Chequered Flag

Noooooo Don't go you are almost there. Sad

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:13 - 15 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a splendid flounce, been missing a good one, you got the subtle blend of impotent rage and teenager door slamming spot on, and the final swish of your big pink skirt as you flounced off into the sunset will stick in my memory for a long time.

Jolly well done Mrs

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:19 - 15 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
FUCK THIS WORTHLESS FORUM & FUCK ITS SHITE ADMINS...FUCK YOU ALL!!! feel free to start talking shit! behind my back right after i leave ...Goodbye' Middle Finger Chequered Flag

https://i.imgur.com/MnxmW0N.jpg

Thumbs Up

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:23 - 15 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what rating MacGyver gave me - and I was the only one trying to help the guy!

Edit: thanks again MacGyver! Why do I get all this grief from you when I haven't downrated you once?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 218 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4