Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How to get involved in local rides/meets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
View previous topic : View next topic  

oscar777
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 18 Jul 2015    Post subject: How to get involved in local rides/meets Reply with quote

I've had my big bike now for a few weeks and wondering how do you guys get involved in organised Rides etc? Would love to go to some meets but not sure where to look.

Im sure its just a matter of getting to know other bikers but atm I don't know many!

Im Norwich based btw (I don't have access to the specific regional sections for some reason)

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 18 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are numerous ways.

#1 Join an established group in biker hangouts and introduce yourself. It isn't as weird as you may think. This is how I got into the 1st incarnation of NCF norf (2004-2005).

#2 Set something up yourself. Like I kind of did with the norf, I simply said I am riding X route who wants to come. For 2 years we had a nice little clan going until this went the way of the dodo.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BrownTrousers
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:34 - 18 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out for flyers etc advertising clubs/meets/rides when you are in bike shops, cafes etc.

Technology. Facebook or 'meetup' will likely help you find local groups already established.

oscar777
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 18 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Im going to attempt to set up a society at my uni, but it'd be good to know what meets are happening around the area and form a group to ride with.

Never used meet up. Will have a look into that now.
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 18 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

N cee thirty wrote:
go on facebook and join the local biker groups

Don't be a weirdo Thumbs Up can't go wrong

This. I'm in three fb groups. One group ride like loonies, one is slightly more sedate and the last make a point of chillin' out.

O.P., pop along here, they'll know loads of local meets.
https://www.mc-museum.freeserve.co.uk/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oscar777
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 25 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Its a link to a motorcycle museum, didn't find any info on meets?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 25 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oscar777 wrote:
^ Its a link to a motorcycle museum, didn't find any info on meets?

How about you pop along there and ask if they know.of any local bike meets.

Rolling Eyes

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 29 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

also start riding to Walkers Café near the roundabout A11/A1065

others may be nearer to Norfolk, but it's the only one I know of as I live in Bedford and it's one of several cafes I visit from time to time on my bike, often loads of bikes coming and going there on a Saturday, sometimes there are flyers and or posters around about events too

others being

Jacks Hill
H café
Ace Café
Rykers
Loomies (or whatever it's called these days).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1