Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 29 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definitely not a fern Laughing as mentioned above, it grows by spore, a whole different mechanism. I bought a load of birds nest ferns ("asplenium") in little pots and tried to keep them thriving in my bathroom but eventually I murdered them all. About a year later I noticed some had spored by the back door, no doubt spores floating out the bathroom window which I leave open most of the time ... and its proper growing well now, even with that dry spell, they still managed to stay alive. I really like ferns, especially the ones that unfurl.

Anyway, sorry for being grouchy Recman. Whatever that is, I'd recommend you prune it hard back and tie it to the fence, so it grows *straight*, and then put a bunch of little things at ground level, maybe stick some daffodil/crocus bulbs deeper down so that they come up in the very early spring, some little mini cyclamen when they arrive in the garden centre, just to soften the edges of the wooden triangle sort of thing. Maybe stick in some variegated thyme at each corner or a bit of heather.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 29 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I used to work in a nursery. Each green house was the size of a supermarket and there were 5 of them, when I started I was in charge of the polytunnels, about half a dozen of those round the back, but I worked all over.

I kinda liked it. But, after planting, growing, packing and despatching, say one hundred thousand poinsettia, did start to get a bit sick of the sight of some plants. Laughing

Place was so big I'd get around it on a bicycle. Dutch owned, didn't care if you drank on your breaks, and we could walk to the pub at lunch time, it was the other side of a railway, across an unmanned pedestrian level crossing Shocked

pay was crap, hours were long, work was repetitive, but it had it's charms, and the plants never shouted at me, often when I was facing down a shouty client who didn't like what I was telling them, I thought of those plants and how they didn't shout at me Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 31 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

87 MPG out of my Suzuki... not bad since it normally does 75, must of been that run out from Twickers to Guildford..... Laughing

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:11 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won poker on thurs night. (£30 entry £720 profit) Paid for scooby to be rust-free (rear arches, wings, roof joint with window, boot latch) the next day. can't wait. Time attack next year is on!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
Oh, what is it then? I got a couple of tiny cuttings from an old couple near me who used to give the dog a treat when they saw us walking past on the way to the park.
They said it was a fern, answers on a postcard please.

Could be a False Spiraea (Sorbaria sorbifolia)

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and the Mrs did an extensive deep clean of the house today to keep our minds off things.
It worked! When I emptied out the vacuum it looked like there was another dog coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

first time I vacuumed with a Dyson pet hair special, I had to keep stopping to empty the cylinder.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent rideout last night on the gixer, first time in ages that I have looked forward to riding it. Might keep it for a little while longer!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Could be a False Spiraea (Sorbaria sorbifolia)

I'd say you're spot on.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I've tried recording acoustic guitar in XY stereo and I love it.
Not technically correct in the gear used yet these inexpensive mics seem to do the job just nicely.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djm8e2jXoAAGAPi.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met a guy on an SV who had a bee stuck in his helmet and decided the only way to get rid of it was to get home faster by taking every filter, and overtake, opportunity -- and wild ones at that -- on a menial 40 mph straight-ish road.

Followed along after being filtered past and I won the race to the roundabout we parted ways at: faster isn't always smoother. Pointless aggressiveness tickled me.

Slightly homo moment when we accelerated from the lights side by side, lane by lane, to the same speed for far too long. Felt like looking over and giving him a wink for lulz. Laughing

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

80 Miles per Gallon today, IN THIS HEAT.... how the fuck? Shocked

Went to do my evening top up and all I could get in was 5 litres... Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discovering everybody else in the office thought the departed Practice Manager was an annoying cunt as well.

We're all much less stressed
(even the boss Isn't micromanaging any more) ...

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:51 - 03 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw a great licence plate for my mum so got it for her bday. the £80 charge for DVA shit came in the actual price so was well chuffed

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 03 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's back home. Thumbs Up
https://s33.postimg.cc/g9pgt5ykv/20180803_144953.jpg

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 03 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that oiled my gears was my last job of the day, did this job on behalf of the previous company I worked for but gave my an early finish which is very rare on a Friday. However the work has dropped like a stone this past week and work after 5PM is hard to come by.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Premium Bond computor has just decided to award me with a substantial cheque,just in time for time away abroad on the Exup with Mrs.Fizzer Thumbs Up Very Happy Thumbs Up

Always have a 'Plan B'

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max was having a fine old time out in Robbie's back garden, which is huge compared to his little concreted patch out in North Finchley. But he found the hole in the garden hedge, which Robbie never bothers going through. I was just lurking about near the patio when I heard someone call out "excuse me!" and yes, there's Max the Ginger Cunt bouncing around with a little staffie cross in next door's garden Rolling Eyes

So the lady is very apologetic and says can I fetch him back, cos she's had to lock "the little one" in a room in the house cos they're winding one another up (I vaguely remember seeing something Yorky-ish trotting about a few days ago)

Not a problem, says I and gets Max to come back thru the hole in the fence. While we're walking back up to our respective patios, the lady next door tells me that the staffie is hers but that the dog locked inside belongs to the owners who are on holiday, and she's just dogsitting.

Snap! says I
(although I didn't admit to the fact that Max wasn't my dog but another dogsitting charge)

So she's got the hump somewhat, cos Her Family have left her some chores to do.

Shock horror, the most housework I do when I'm In Residence is to do my own dishes, sweep or hoover after myself, and mind the dog, which is what I'm there for. Max's dad has asked me to water the plants this time, as this is the 3rd time I've been there, which I don't mind, but really that's risking me murdering them, I declined to mention that I'm not very green fingered Laughing

But apparently the family next door have left stripped beds with clean bedding on them. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I've done my time housemaiding when I was running round after working girls, fuck doing it for dogsitting families. The whole point of dogsitting is to enjoy the dog, not do the family's housework while they're doing battle with the Germans over beachtowels on sun loungers.
Stuff that. Laughing

So I'm quite pleased as I thought the owner next door might grass me up to Robbie's mum for having another dog there, but it turns out ... probably not Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dozy old bint double post alert

Last edited by hellkat on 10:42 - 05 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
80 Miles per Gallon today, IN THIS HEAT.... how the fuck? Shocked

Went to do my evening top up and all I could get in was 5 litres... Cool

Had a similar thought on Wednesday afternoon when I managed 154 miles to one tank of fuel before the low level light illuminated on the dash of the R1.Must have been the roads lined by lots of trees that gave a higher level of oxygen Thumbs Up Cool Thumbs Up

Always have a 'Plan B'

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluebird floating again.

Donald would be a very proud man that a bunch of volunteers has managed to salvage and rebuild the boat.

It must be quite something for his daughter to see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45068703
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:14 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got round to enemying cuntface265 and now I can't see his racist spewings any more.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Bluebird floating again.

Donald would be a very proud man that a bunch of volunteers has managed to salvage and rebuild the boat.

It must be quite something for his daughter to see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45068703

Very impressive. Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

While vacuuming the car, I found a pound.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
I found a tenner on the floor
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 259 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 170 of 337