Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:55 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
It sounds like a swordfight mate. Mrs grr has pierced tongue. Wink

Or knitting perhaps?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the first proper tear about on the Rebel Smile

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
grr666 wrote:
It sounds like a swordfight mate. Mrs grr has pierced tongue. Wink

Or knitting perhaps?

FFS spat my drink out there.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad weather. Earnings went up this weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from a depressed mood, had a wallet clear out (dead moths mostly), and found my PO Travel Money card, and remembered there was still a couple of hundred quid on it...timely!

Later, plugged in the Strat for the first time in a while, dropping it down to open G, and hammering it like Keef (5 strings, 3 fingers and one arsehole Mr. Green ). And a bit of slide. I'm as rusty as my strings, but happily lost a couple of hours.

Edit: before the Keef stuff, in standard, worked out on a couple of Fabulous T-Bird tunes, a bit of Jimi, and a Ronnie Earl rocker. Didn't take long to come back to me. Wish I could be doing it in a band though.

Another edit: and all the working out and stretching I've been doing over the last year or so meant my dodgy arm wasn't aching afterwards - that's a first! Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a really interesting and specific course today, about assessing specific types of people for their jobs - which I hadn't considered myself likely to have done before.

I was casting about looking for some volunteer sorta thing to do, now that my term at the hospital has finished and I had resigned from the Royal College due to hours clashing with the job I was doing (which I then lost that job, annoyingly!)

ANYWAY!
If I pass this course, and then pass the vetting (!) it could be quite regular,and turns out the money's not bad ... but probably wouldn't provide a full time job, so I would probably still do office work.

So if I do manage to skate through the vetting process (by the skin of my teeth, if I do Laughing ) then I'm hoping it will be the start of my next 180 degree about-face in life. Dance!

Cos I can feel that coming, encroaching upon my life like a huge iceberg, there's a change in the wind, says hellkat's life is on the move again Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck, Hellkat Thumbs Up

Today I went up the A3 to work on the new bike: vans everywhere Sad Filter on... van... filter off... another van, grrrr...

Wait! What's this? A throttle that actually does something for a change? Eat my dust, white van man!!!!

(I'm sure the novelty will wear off in a decade or two.)

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode my mountain bike home from work today. It’s a 12 mile trip. Felt really good, so ended up taking the long way and doing 23 miles. Then went to a fantastic Turkish restaurant for dinner. Stuffed.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order from Demon Tweeks arrived Monday but I've opened up the box today.

Ordered 2 sets of front, 2 sets of rear EBC pads (£12 each) and a couple of large cans of Brake Cleaner.

What oiled my gears is the fact the order was correct and I've saved a load of cash.

The Pads are for my Inazuma's so now I have some stock.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five miles of filtering mostly stationary traffic for the second day running. Ha! Get a bike, fools!

Yesterday I might have popped out of lane 2 into 3 in front of another bike at the start though. Apologies.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Yup I did a lot of filtering yesterday on semi-rural roads and boy it annoyed some motorists! Them sat still at lights and I simply trundled past to the front each time. I'm amazed at how much distance I can gain like that.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:48 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
^^ Yup I did a lot of filtering yesterday on semi-rural roads and boy it annoyed some motorists! Them sat still at lights and I simply trundled past to the front each time. I'm amazed at how much distance I can gain like that.

Wait until you start overtaking them on the inside because they think that by sitting on the outside they can stop you from getting past....

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few actually did it when driving along - sitting to the right of the lane of traffic. Every single vehicle that did it was a people carrier which I found strange.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

McVities iced gems. Got the perfect ratio of "icing" to biscuit.

Minust one point for the biscuit being too good, it's not supposed to taste better than the icing.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a car there's nothing worse than going down the road, in plain view, and someone ahead pulls out of a junction causing you to brake. And then to compound it all they then proceed to drive at 5mph less than the speed limit Evil or Very Mad

Advantage bike! (To be fair it was a learner driver today so I didn't give them any abuse as I flew by.)

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Advantage bike! (To be fair it was a learner driver today so I didn't give them any abuse as I flew by.)

I'm always totally chillaxed with learners, it's all fine, take as long as you like, go as slow as you like etc.

Unless...... it's not a proper dual control driving school type set up. If it's just some old banger with L plates - I want away from them, well, well away.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:40 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not a driving school, just a regular car with L plates.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma soap from Lush

Anyone wanting to get into my good books would be well advised to purchase a large chunk of it and present it to me on bended knee.

A strangely heady mix of motivational in the morning, and sensuality at all other times. Karma soap gets me into the mood for sexytime, (its not so good for sleeping, too lively), and gets me happily out again in the morning.

Wub Wub

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:42 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Karma soap gets me into the mood for sexytime

Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it does. Laughing
I'm very aware of senses, and things that smell good* ... does the biz.

*things that I think smell good, e.g., I think, for example, that Joop smells like shit, so someone wearing Joop will get a swift elbow. Whereas, someone wearing Brut ( yes yes I know ) will invoke memories of my tumultuous youth and therefore ... Bounce! jiggi jiggi Bounce! may occur.

Sensuality, its a hugely underestimated thing.
It's not just about feathers and candlewax (boring, hackneyed)

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:22 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What annoys me is that fact that if I use a feather it's called sensual but if I use a frozen chicken it's pervy.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
What annoys me is that fact that if I use a feather it's called sensual but if I use a frozen chicken it's pervy.

Defrost the chicken or your knob will get brain freeze.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limmy's show. All seasons on Netflix. The guy is funny as anything.
If you like Rab C Nesbit and Still Game then you'll love Limmy's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHPTIfeB0qw

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 16 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Ah yes I discovered it the other week. Some scenes are so hard hitting - you expect a laugh but are instead hit with cold reality. It makes for an interesting ride!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 16 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched Limmy on Twitch the other night, he rambled on for ages, never quite getting to the point and distracting himself, it was quite entertaining.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 233 of 337