Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 04 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some friends who do extras work hellkat. It can be anything but it's usually for something like Vera. Often though, the scenes they're in don't even make it to the actual finished product. One example was my friend was a woman in a queue in a fish and chip shop. They shot 8 goes at it. My friend was not allowed to eat the food that was cooking. She stood in there for hours feeling hungry in the greasy air. Sure she was paid nicely but to not be given a chip and not to make it to the final cut slightly annoyed her!

The water. Warm water looks the same as cold water or do they want you to yelp a little as they throw it?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 04 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Laughing Laughing
I added myself to a couple of those "extras" websites a while back. I've had one or two to actually go for, not great payers, but worth the experience to do them.

Lately a couple of casting agents have contacted me out of the blue, so I guess my profile must be reaching people. So far nothing much has come of it.

But today I got sent a query, asking if I would be available for something in a week or two for one days' filming, not bad money for "up to ten hours" ... and happily its quite close by to where I live. So I said yes, sure, why not.

But here's the thing:

They want me for a background extra, being a 17th century housemaid being given a bath with a bucket of unceremoniously-thrown cold water ( Shocked ). Naked. ( Shocked Shocked )

So yeah, I've not got issues about shape or size, cos after all, I'm probably the right shape and size for a buxom house wench and that's the way they bathed their house wenches back then (apparently) Laughing and I'm sure that they've all seen naked fat women in their filmings before (and if they haven't, well they're just about to )

And hopefully they'll rush over with fluffy white towels afterwards and make sure I have a nice cup of tea and biscuits to make me feel better.

BUT ... it also asks if you've got any tattooes or piercings, which obvs a housemaid wench wouldn't have a tattoo of a hellkat on her upper right arm, would she ... and I guess even if they put make-up over it (its only a little one), if I am gonna be being sloshed with water, it might wash the make-up off.

So I might not get it. Crying or Very sad
But I acknowledged that I was available anyway.
Time will tell. Fingers crossed.
Cool

errm, what channel will it be on? I'm just checking it'll be one I can record... Embarassed Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 05 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd left the garden (alright, wilfully neglected it) for about the last three months. Today, I bit the bullet and harvested the hayfield mowed the lawn and hacked my way through the jungle pulled up all the trees weeds.

Just one year ago, I'd never have been able to do all that in one session, so all this working out is paying off in practical terms Smile

Now f**ked for the rest of the day though Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 05 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
I have some friends who do extras work hellkat. It can be anything but it's usually for something like Vera. Often though, the scenes they're in don't even make it to the actual finished product. One example was my friend was a woman in a queue in a fish and chip shop. They shot 8 goes at it. My friend was not allowed to eat the food that was cooking. She stood in there for hours feeling hungry in the greasy air. Sure she was paid nicely but to not be given a chip and not to make it to the final cut slightly annoyed her!

The water. Warm water looks the same as cold water or do they want you to yelp a little as they throw it?

Yes I am aware that even if I stand around all day having water chucked at me, it might not make it into the finished product.

The first one I ever did, a few months ago now, where I was one of a bunch of mourners at a wake, and I went prancing into the kitchen and said "Oh, is this the lunch they said they'd provide for us?"

The two ladies buttering jam sandwiches glared at me and said "No, these are props, nobody is allowed to eat them."

I'm hoping the water will be warm(ish) and I just have to make an "oh thats cold" noise.
If not, well I'm 'ard Laughing

HKP: Once I know, I'll let you know, just in case it doesn't get chucked out on the cutting room floor.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 05 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my colleagues had a snottogram from the Dean of Medicine the other day. Everybody started dodging bullets.

I just pulled out the stops, drafted an email telling them about how even though it was not the fault of myself or any of my direct colleagues, here is how our department was attempting to solve the issue and then wrote a response to another Director of something or other, copied the Dean into it. Bosho.

Either I have a job tomorrow or I don't. But either way I'm supposed to be finishing next Wednesday anyway and am moving to another department, LOL.

hellkat
don't care bear

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:36 - 05 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Some of my colleagues had a snottogram from the Dean of Medicine the other day. Everybody started dodging bullets.

I just pulled out the stops, drafted an email telling them about how even though it was not the fault of myself or any of my direct colleagues, here is how our department was attempting to solve the issue and then wrote a response to another Director of something or other, copied the Dean into it. Bosho.

Either I have a job tomorrow or I don't. But either way I'm supposed to be finishing next Wednesday anyway and am moving to another department, LOL.

hellkat
don't care bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1w2F-CE4ro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

New bike day Wub

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:40 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awoke feeling creative. Ideas whizzing about.

Some of my 'best' thoughts are just before sleep so there is now a recorder at the bedside where I whisper them.

Everyone is having a well deserved lie-in and I've been processing audio of babbling brooks.

Off to Goyt valley later.

Plus another song is on the go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Laughing Laughing
I added myself to a couple of those "extras" websites a while back. I've had one or two to actually go for, not great payers, but worth the experience to do them.

Lately a couple of casting agents have contacted me out of the blue, so I guess my profile must be reaching people. So far nothing much has come of it.

But today I got sent a query, asking if I would be available for something in a week or two for one days' filming, not bad money for "up to ten hours" ... and happily its quite close by to where I live. So I said yes, sure, why not.

But here's the thing:

They want me for a background extra, being a 17th century housemaid being given a bath with a bucket of unceremoniously-thrown cold water ( Shocked ). Naked. ( Shocked Shocked )

So yeah, I've not got issues about shape or size, cos after all, I'm probably the right shape and size for a buxom house wench and that's the way they bathed their house wenches back then (apparently) Laughing and I'm sure that they've all seen naked fat women in their filmings before (and if they haven't, well they're just about to )

And hopefully they'll rush over with fluffy white towels afterwards and make sure I have a nice cup of tea and biscuits to make me feel better.

BUT ... it also asks if you've got any tattooes or piercings, which obvs a housemaid wench wouldn't have a tattoo of a hellkat on her upper right arm, would she ... and I guess even if they put make-up over it (its only a little one), if I am gonna be being sloshed with water, it might wash the make-up off.

So I might not get it. Crying or Very sad
But I acknowledged that I was available anyway.
Time will tell. Fingers crossed.
Cool

I have a friend who does extras work

he has been in pretty much every soap on tele at some point sometimes on more then one in the same night

he has also been in Viking peaky blinders and a load of other stuff

this is him
https://i.imgur.com/df6D3vd.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:38 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have a feeling if it was him throwing the bucket of water Hellkat would probably waive her fee Laughing

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stroked a puppy today. Again.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A series of Monty Python seems to be starting tonight. 11 p.m, BBC2.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't get to Goyt but did record a nice squeaky kissing gate when we went out for a walk. Beautiful evening...warm and clear.

Squeaky gate and a bubbling brook have been inserted into the modular and with the new update to the Disting MKIV I feel happy.

It's been running for half n hour and it reminded me of being very high but without the sweaty hands.

Something must be in the air as me old mucker (we visited last night...lives next to brook) played me the beginnings of a new song. It's as good as he's ever done..and the guy was good enough to be invited and played Glastonbury (village hall Very Happy ).

Savouring the moment.
It'll be sh1t again soon. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 08 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Didn't get to Goyt but did record a nice squeaky kissing gate when we went out for a walk. Beautiful evening...warm and clear.

Squeaky gate and a bubbling brook have been inserted into the modular and with the new update to the Disting MKIV I feel happy.

It's been running for half n hour and it reminded me of being very high but without the sweaty hands.

Something must be in the air as me old mucker (we visited last night...lives next to brook) played me the beginnings of a new song. It's as good as he's ever done..and the guy was good enough to be invited and played Glastonbury (village hall Very Happy ).

Savouring the moment.
It'll be sh1t again soon. Thumbs Up

Just listened to "Black Heart" on my open cans Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:02 - 08 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
A series of Monty Python seems to be starting tonight. 11 p.m, BBC2.

Yeah, right after Al Beeb have done their bit about Nazi's and the rise of the far right, which is definitely not timed as subliminal propaganda about Brexit voters, at prime time on a Saturday night.

Shouldn't that sort of show be on BBC4 on a late midweek evening?

SDo, which ones do you considedr to be the nazi's, the leavers or the remainers?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 08 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Just listened to "Black Heart" on my open cans Thumbs Up

You sad b@stard. Middle Finger

nice one.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 08 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding a bottle of proper job at the back of the fridge when I thought I was out of beer and I'm too over the limit
to drive to the shop. Thank you beer gods. I've just scoffed 8 fish fingers and was needing a drink.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:41 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Finding a bottle of proper job at the back of the fridge when I thought I was out of beer and I'm too over the limit
to drive to the shop. Thank you beer gods. I've just scoffed 8 fish fingers and was needing a drink.

You need to move. My local Sainsbury's has that in the fridge... and I can walk there Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get that extras job, never mind.
Onwards and upwards.

So anyway.
The countryside.
Lovely, innit.
Might have to spend more time there...

hellkat
aaht and abaaaahhhht

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Yeah, I have a feeling if it was him throwing the bucket of water Hellkat would probably waive her fee Laughing

Nah.
He's beardly.
Fuck that.

Althoughhhhhh ...
*heads back for a second glance*

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
You need to move. My local Sainsbury's has that in the fridge... and I can walk there Wink

Ditto but I'm inherently lazy and while ever I have weed as a fallback substance to stove my head in with I'll
not be putting my boots on for more beer.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fallback safety net is more viscous and tastes sweeter.

I found myself wondering the other day whether honey is actually bee jizz?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
grr666 wrote:
Finding a bottle of proper job at the back of the fridge when I thought I was out of beer

You need to move. My local Sainsbury's has that in the fridge...

You shouldn't have it in the fridge. What about "Big Job" (no laughing, you forners!)? First time I found that was somewhere near St Merryn, but can't remember exactly where.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 12:54 - 10 Sep 2019; edited 1 time in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm... cool but not chilled would be preferable but you can't have everything. For some reason my local has rotated the stock: all summer the ciders were on the shelves and all the ales were in the fridge Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 237 of 337