Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I got to use my breaker bar for the first time.

With luck the second time I use it will be for something related to mechanics.....

Since I got my impact driver the breaker bar barely gets a look in Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:47 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

An impact driver can't be brandished in quite the same way as a breaker bar can. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:07 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
An impact driver can't be brandished in quite the same way as a breaker bar can. Laughing

Handing it to you as I was leaving in front of the filth was probably pushing the envelope a bit...

Twisted Evil

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:15 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhh!

They really weren't bothered though.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:30 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Shhh!

They really weren't bothered though.

Was funny when the littleshits bitched to the police about it and then promptly got arrested. Damngood way of identifying yourself as the miscreant involved....

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloke at work had a lock pick set and let me have a go. Its something I've been meaning to get into for a good while.
His practice lock was interesting to overcome but didn't take long.
Its quite satisfying to see some of the more expensive locks just pop open.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Bloke at work had a lock pick set and let me have a go. Its something I've been meaning to get into for a good while.
His practice lock was interesting to overcome but didn't take long.
Its quite satisfying to see some of the more expensive locks just pop open.

If the practice lock was one of those acrylic jobs, you only have to wave a pick in their general direction to open them. They're good for showing how the principle works though.

If you're thinking about buying some picks then start with these:

https://www.uklockpickers.co.uk/lock-picks/lock-pick-sets/sparrows-kick-start-pick-set.html

They won't break the bank and they're ideal for a beginner. When you're ready to move on then get the expansion set from the same site. Supplement that with these:

https://www.uklockpickers.co.uk/lock-picks/tension-wrenches/sparrows-full-set-flat-pry-bar-tension-tools.html

Top of keyway tension tools and you're set for any standard cylinder lock.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

They won't break the bank

Not interested then. Folded arms
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bloke set was Sparrows. I know bugger all about it yet but his set felt sturdy but responsive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

t
recman wrote:
The bloke set was Sparrows. I know bugger all about it yet but his set felt sturdy but responsive.

It's Sparrows stuff that I've linked for you. Thumbs Up

Relatively inexpensive and decent quality.

Top end kit would be something like this:

https://www.lawlocktools.co.uk/Lock-Picking-Sets?product_id=74

Give me a shout if you need any advice or help Smile

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 22 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Islander wrote:

They won't break the bank

Not interested then. Folded arms

What you did there? I saw it.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 26 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We met a blind man in the park today and the dog took a shine to the ball on the end of his white stick.
I was absolutely mortified and couldn't apologise enough but the bloke saw the funny side.
He said it reminded him of when he used to go fishing with his dad!
We laughed.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:42 - 26 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Police told me yesterday that it was a torch and not a metal bar.

Laughing

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:01 - 27 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
We met a blind man in the park today and the dog took a shine to the ball on the end of his white stick.
I was absolutely mortified and couldn't apologise enough but the bloke saw the funny side.
He said it reminded him of when he used to go fishing with his dad!
We laughed.

Saw the funny side?
(cute story though)

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 27 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

I got a similar kit years ago for picking cash drawer locks. Nothing nefarious but on a occasion a pub landlord would lose his keys (probably went to bed pissed) and they came in handy recently dismantling the helmet/seat lock on the old DT. Took me about 10mins, bit out of practice obviously Smile

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 28 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching my 3 year old nephew steal a few swigs of red bull from my can just before I left my brothers house.

Apparently he was bouncing off the walls and they could not work out why......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy and sell tools and boxes, some of the stuff thats mixed in just does not sell or is not worth bunging on ebay.

Over the past few months I have been making up a cantilever tool box of odds and sods for the apprentice at work as he cant afford to pay for petrol and buy tools.

Today I gave the box to him, he was genuinely made up. I hope he gets use out of them and help him get off to a decent start in his career.

dodgydog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
I buy and sell tools and boxes, some of the stuff thats mixed in just does not sell or is not worth bunging on ebay.

Over the past few months I have been making up a cantilever tool box of odds and sods for the apprentice at work as he cant afford to pay for petrol and buy tools.

Today I gave the box to him, he was genuinely made up. I hope he gets use out of them and help him get off to a decent start in his career.

I've still got the spanners one of the old boys gave me when I started out at 15. Had them 50 years now.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgydog wrote:

I've still got the spanners one of the old boys gave me when I started out at 15. Had them 50 years now.

Some of the tools I gave him were given to me when I was 16. Geodore and king dick!

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:52 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempting to wrestle a bike the weight of a rhino by foot on an icy path.

One day I'll look back with a garage and wonder why? Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:47 - 30 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgydog wrote:

I went through an old toolbox in my shed the other day and found the magic wand I had as a service engineer ~25 years ago. It just used to sit in the top of the toolbox so clients would comment "...I knew it!"

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 01 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of weeks ago I had to buy some stuff for the firm from a website I've never looked at before, where they have a standard and exorbitant postal charge if the order is under a certain value, free postage if it goes over.

I was 10 quid short of free postage, so I had a look round the site to see if there was anything I wanted for myself, found a hoodie in a colour I quite liked, they had my size and it was £15 in a sale, job jobbed, thought nothing more of it.

Finally got round to opening it up today - fits perfectly, lovely colour and it turns out I've got a really high quality, fleece lined top, warm and toasty and normally retails at £70 Shocked

Result Very Happy

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:24 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
dodgydog wrote:

Some of the tools I gave him were given to me when I was 16. Geodore and king dick!

I came across those brands on the older ships I sailed on, wonderful indestructible kit. No fancy chrome plating or polished finish just totally practical tools. Very much a case of they don't make them like that anymore. Thumbs Up

Although calling your tools King Dick nowadays probably wouldn't be the best advertising move. Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

local tattooist, the one where I am a regular anyway, is doing a Friday 13th sale. All themed 13 tattoos just £13. Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 248 of 337