Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 08 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aceeeeeed
👉😝👈
Mad stuff, innit.
Cool

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:21 - 09 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gears are currently been oiled by my first cold John Smiths of the day.
CHEERS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:52 - 09 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is chocolate cake for breakfast. 😎
#degenerate

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:14 - 09 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Only a problem if low on teabags.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 10 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
CHEERS!

At 20 past 5 in the morning

?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 10 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

PorkChop came home.

https://i.imgur.com/8QEDVVH.jpg?1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 10 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

Its quite comforting having my old buddy on the fireplace.

Inappropriately, my gears were oiled by folk at work referring to anything remotely homosexual as 'the Schofield'.

It'll probably get old very quickly and I'll be bored of it tomorrow.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:49 - 11 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
It'll probably get old very quickly and I'll be bored of it tomorrow.

Actually there was a bloke on the radio phone in today:

Quote:
What progress we've made. I heard the news about Philip Schofield and thought "how boring!"

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:28 - 13 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to try a different scone from Gails Bakery for my morning tea, and have thus discovered their blueberry, ginger and apricot scone.

I'm not a fan of the blueberry in general, but this may be a game changer. It's not at risk of overtaking my favourite (maple and pecan) but ...

I might have to treat myself to another one tomorrow to see whether they perform even better when warmed gently in the microwave for 15 seconds.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 13 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
1198 wrote:
CHEERS!

At 20 past 5 in the morning

?

Yup!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:41 - 13 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using my dremel to help with the washing up was a big success. Mr. Green

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 13 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Using my dremel to help with the washing up was a big success. Mr. Green

Food will rinse off with water. There's no need to grind it off!

Gears oiled from chatting to my next door neighbour earlier. She's ancient (90) and such a nice happy person. Honestly it's chats like that which cheer me up no end.
Just a shame she'll not last much longer Sad

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 13 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Keeffe's working hands cream.
Its worked where nothing else has.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 15 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This'll be a long one, grab a cuppa...

There's a shop in my home town with a massive car park. It's well known that the car park is "administered" by what can only be described as "money grabbing cunts." (Previously rogue clampers but they all fucked that up so much the government actually passed laws.) So now they issue their speculative invoices.

Of course nobody takes any notice when the shop is shut and parks there to go to the pub or chippy and that's fine...

So I get a court thing through the post (small claims) saying I'd parked there "in breach of the Ts&Cs" WTF? Apparently nabbed @ 17:57 (shop closes at 6pm) very fishy. No ticket on the car that I recall, no letters through the post. Obviously I reply back to the court to say "fuck 'em, I'm fighting it."

I get back a biblical stack of paperwork from the claimants - thickness = intimidation as far as I could tell - but I actually took the time to read it Smile Further analysis showed up a "copy-paste" job put together by... well, I would say a five year old but my granddaughter's actually pretty smart Wink All throughout they cited the Ts&Cs but then submitted photos of signs with different Ts&Cs. They'd somehow also submitted pictures of the front of the shop while scaffolding was up doubling down on the "signs placed out of the way so you miss them" and not helping their own case at all!

The date of the "event" was in the summer but apparently the parking agent spoke to witnesses in the shop in September, errr... funnily enough the same date that the small claim was made, i.e. someone fucked up the dates, on a legal document Shocked

The parking contract was for a year and dated several years ago. It's only if you dug into the ultra-fine print you'd notice it was meant to be one of those "good until cancelled" rolling contracts. Crucially all the supporting documentation for the contract was for different Ts&Cs to the signage and the rest of the claim.

No prima facie evidence was given: no witness statement from the parking officer or shop staff (only the re-telling from the para-legal that drew up the paperwork) pictures of my car were from copies of copies of copies of the supposed letters they sent out and very poor quality.

The court asked for my defence. I just said I wasn't there at the time they alleged. I was thinking I'd just say "AFAIK I was parked when the shop was closed" (I was) and, even if not the case, 3 minutes? Bit cruel and then hope I got really, really lucky and had a sympathetic judge (i.e. one that might personally have been stung by similar parking tactics.)

I also requested the court look into whether the parking company actually had any authority, the contract being pretty ropy and all. Lo and behold today I get a letter through:

Quote:
The Claimant having failed to satisfy the burden of proving the claim. The claim be dismissed.

Checkmate, parking scum Laughing Laughing Laughing

In the final analysis though I reckon I got lucky. I have a feeling whoever read this at the court instantly thought "oh feck, not another one of these" saw the errors mounting up and got mightily pissed off Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 15 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started emptying all the packing crates of my crap that are populating my living room and getting in the way of my cleaning lady doing her job properly.

Lots of my cool stuff, I put away cos the boyfriend I was living with at the time didn't like my clutter.

Its not CLUTTER ... it's ECLECTIC.

Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 15 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone bought me a new wallet a couple of weeks ago, and I found a little card inside it that tells me its "RFID protected".

I didn't even know that was a Thing Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:00 - 16 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait! I know this one! "She's Eclectic" was Oasis?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:02 - 16 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Someone bought me a new wallet a couple of weeks ago, and I found a little card inside it that tells me its "RFID protected".

One of two things: either the wallet itself has shielding against apocryphal contactless card attacks or that little card itself is the shield that you need to slip behind your favourite plastic.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:00 - 16 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
hellkat wrote:

One of two things: either the wallet itself has shielding against apocryphal contactless card attacks or that little card itself is the shield that you need to slip behind your favourite plastic.

But, as was very forcibly said in the credit card thread, there has never been any known incident of someone's details being read from a card inside a wallet/purse.

But I bought one of them RFID thingys anyway. Embarassed

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 16 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Well the card itself says "The credit card slots of this accessory are equipped with RFID..." it doesn't say "This card is equipped..."

The wallet is called a Piquadro (?) and when I looked them up
https://www.piquadro.com/media/catalog/product/cache/0/thumbnail/96x104/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/P/D/PD4571B2R-BLU2_DETT1.jpg
it doesnt say anything about RFID.

Still ... if the card says so ... then I will believe it, regardless of whether its true or not about contactless theft, cos its a nice wallet: I chose it myself cos I, errrr Shifty liked the colour Shifty

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 16 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very handy that I can beep my card on the reader in the petrol station without removing it from my wallet.

Won't be so happy when the fuel price rises again as it holds £30 worth right now.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 16 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little good deed done today while on the dog walk.
A young lad asked if I knew how to fix the rear brake on his bike.
It was just a question of squeezing the blocks together and popping the cable back into its slot but the lad was watching with great interest and seemed amazed it was that simple.
I actually got a thank you. Thumbs Up

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 17 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the riverside chalet booked for some early season fishing Smile .
Got the right dates and the right location I wanted, yay!

Oh my life is so much on the the ragged edge Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 17 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lucky Russian wooden spoon seems to be working and I haven't even rubbed it lately. Shocked

I just glanced up at it and *thought* about polishing it, around a fortnight ago, and since then several offers of a small but unusual financial nature have presented themselves to me. Cool

I am still vacillating as to whether to take any of them up. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:02 - 18 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has spotted some of my sticker work.

Dance!

https://i.imgur.com/sWJ64fq.png
https://i.imgur.com/vaHQXhg.png
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 257 of 337