Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 275, 276, 277 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:51 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to get nobby's four year old to call him nobby. Mr. Green

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swallow Watch: Final Broadcast. Got up this morning to an empty nest

https://i.imgur.com/mDujmkz.jpg

But lots of activity overhead

https://i.imgur.com/8M0S6CZ.mp4

Now they’re coming and going and finding new spots to perch.

https://i.imgur.com/bBpbv4q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NlRiKTm.jpg

Off soon, once the parents stop feeding them, to make their way in the world. Glad all 6 have survived so far. Wub Wub Wub

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, do they still migrate? Or hang around all year because it's warmer?

I could Google it I guess, but lazy Razz

sulphur
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:01 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to book my theory since the world went weird. My local bike school has opened again, and with test centres opening I can finally book my DAS.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the new flatslide carbs fitted and working on my Monster. It’s only taken 18 months and seemingly endless spare parts from dealers in the USA and the Uk to get me there.
Sadly, my gears were ground well and truly by the starter motor failing. FFS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Finally got the new flatslide carbs fitted and working on my Monster. It’s only taken 18 months and seemingly endless spare parts from dealers in the USA and the Uk to get me there.
Sadly, my gears were ground well and truly by the starter motor failing. FFS!

You have my sympathy. They're doddle to fix, usually a new set of brushes will do the job and they're available from Wemoto (and all the other usual sources). However, to get the starter off, you're going to have to remove the side cover and for that, you'll need to buy or make a puller - oh and you'll need some 3 bond for reassembly...

Bugger of a job.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've been working from home since the end of March, I've not been anywhere near the bakery I usually use (around the corner from work) so decided to get into making sourdough (I did have a go at this a few years ago but didn't get much success, so I already had the few basic bits that make it easier, e.g. proving basket). It's taken about a month of adjustments and tweaks, but last night's efforts were particularly pleasing (both appearance and taste!). It's now on a par with what I was buying from the bakery but rather than costing £3.30 a loaf, this is setting me back about 55p including the electric bill! Cool

TheIncredible...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks mightily impressive! Clapping

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIncredibleSulk wrote:
That looks mightily impressive! Clapping

There has been some swearing along the way, plus my oven seems to go on strike sometimes (clearly doesn't like being cranked to max temperature for over an hour!). I'm lucky there's a flour mill a few miles down the road where I can source good quality flour fairly cheaply, albeit in 16kg bags!

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not "in to" bread, but that looks seriously tasty.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a bird table and bird bath on our patio.
Today I was sitting out enjoying the sun and even though I was sitting close to the bird bath, two Goldfinches came and had a drink and a bath.
Being that close was a real treat, and they stayed for a couple of minutes Very Happy Thumbs Up

Pepperami is very smile Smile

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
We have a bird table and bird bath on our patio.
Today I was sitting out enjoying the sun and even though I was sitting close to the bird bath, two Goldfinches came and had a drink and a bath.
Being that close was a real treat, and they stayed for a couple of minutes Very Happy Thumbs Up

Pepperami is very smile Smile

It's surprising how pleasant these little moments can be; I was stood in the garden the other day and two fledgling starlings ran up to my feet and started seemingly playing chase (and making a lot of noise) around my ankles, then the parent joined in before they ran off down the garden! I've never even seen starlings in our garden before . . .

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave my partner one of those wildlife/trail cameras a while back.

Recently she's been using it at ground level to record hedgehogs roaming around the garden at night and feasting on mealworms she leaves out for them.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a fella I've lately been "being nicer to than most" lives quite close to Epping Forest.

I showed up there on the weekend because my MOT was taking longer than expected at the garage he had recommended to me, and he has a nice little back garden where he encourages assorted wildlife to visit.

It really is lovely to sit out there with a cup of coffee and a peanut butter sandwich and just listen and watch what goes on.

I'm (finally) kinda getting over living in London just lately.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I have to admit I'm increasingly enticed by a more rural location these days, probably because without pubs/restaurants to go to the usual benefits of living in a large town aren't really there. I can't even imagine living in London . . . I worked there on and off for a few years and I found it too claustrophobic. Manchester is bad enough . . .

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
So, do they still migrate? Or hang around all year because it's warmer?

I could Google it I guess, but lazy Razz

Yes, they migrate, they arrive here from Africa, in April. They stay for the summer then leave in late September early October, it depends on the weather!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:38 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I don't live in, but near and often go into London. I am looking forward to having a rural farm shop nearby and having to travel to get my essentials. I cannot wait to move to the countryside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that’s it. Lockdown is over for us from today. Yay!

Airports are staying shut though. We don’t want filthy germ-ridden tourists coming in and spoiling our Covid-free existence.

We can go out, everything is open, shops etc, although bars & restaurants can only serve outside. No hardship really apart from it’s over 40 degrees.

In all honestly though now I can, I’m not bothered about going out. I think I’ve got Stuck-home syndrome Surprised
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaand he's off. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Aaaaaand he's off. Rolling Eyes Laughing

If there's one place he can sh1t over as far as I'm concerned it's Blackpool. Laughing

And talking of sh1t, who left the hair dressers car in the photo?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww he blanked out the imaginary girlfriend! Should have made an R6 sized blob next to it and one for your pay cheque, so you could blank out all your pretend shit.

Set the colour saturation to 200% to try and hide your fucked paintwork?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to gears oiled: I checked over my fishing tackle today, ready for the open season on June 16 (rivers/course).
Everything in good shape and no new bits needed Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got given some free biscuits today.

They were only digestives and bourbons, neither of which I am especially fond, but when your biscuit tin is empty, anything free is always good.

A lot of the free stuff that NHS workers were given doesn't often filter down to us.

At first we had some nice little perks but then when the intensity of the situation sunk in, it felt a bit snide to go and claim things that were being given away to people who were working under much worse situations than me. Working desultorily from home 3 days a week has been more than enough of a pleasant result for me.

But a nurse came in today with some spare packets of biscuits, apparently a lorryload of McVities had turned up this morning and they had WAY too many, even for the Paediatric Ward.

Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 21 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I am home.
I decided to roll a joint, as ya do.

So the usual stuff was there, and I skinned on up, but whilst doing so I was poking around in the box and I found the stuff I acquired probably some 18 months ago now, which I had been warned about was VERY couchlocky.

So couchlocky was it alleged to be that I should ensure I had ALL the munchies I needed already in the house. I took heed of this, and was overjoyed to discover that it was indeed very couchlocky. But my life at the time was a bit stressy and although I knew it was tempting, I knew it was dangerous for me to get on a slide with stuff like that. So I wraped it carefully up and put it back in my stash box with a label entitled "Dead Man Walking", to remind me that it is EXTREMELY ZOMBIFYING. I seem to have scrawled "Lemon Kush?" on it, but I had some other LK once and it wasn't nearly as couchy.

But tonight ... I decided I might treat myself to a bit of it, just for a change. "What harm can it do?" Laughing

I'll be fine, thinks I, worst case scenario, if I get hungry I'll still be able to get up and eat all the biscuits I got from the nurses today, for my tea.

No, Jen.
No.
You are not moving from the sofa.

My EARS are throbbing.
I was supposed to go and get some cat food before I sat down ... Thinking
And I was going to ...

Nah, I might just sit here for a bit and grin inanely at you all grousing about ... whateverrrrrrrrr

Laughing Laughing Cool Cool

I'm sure I will regret this at some point in the future, but for now Life is Very Mellow indeed.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 275, 276, 277 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 276 of 337