Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:52 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

That will happen if you leave the ladders attached after takeoff.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming home from a very late lock-in night out at 5.15am pissed as a fart and having a large bowl of cornflakes.
Simple pleasures.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Coming home from a very late lock-in night out at 5.15am pissed as a fart and having a large bowl of cornflakes.
Simple pleasures.

Illustrates the moral decline of the nation. What happened to a good greasy kebab? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Illustrates the moral decline of the nation. What happened to a good greasy kebab? Laughing

All the nearby late eateries were shut at 4.45am when I emerged from the bar I was in, after a 30minute walk home
it was all I could be bothered to make although I did briefly consider making some boiled eggs and toast. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck! What a glorious day Very Happy

Ran the strimmer over the front and a bit of the back garden, pulled up some weeds, finished panelling the interior of my new shed and then strolled down to the 7-11 for some beers.

I considered posting a photo of my orange fingertips after consuming an entire bag of giant Wotsits Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate came round for a few hours light entertainment so I offered to make dinner, which turned out really nice.

Wish I could remember what I put in it now, LOL, was a bit stoned when I made it.

Sorta "eastern oriental" chicken, but not curry, nice and spicy, with ginger and chilli and fennel. All made from scratch, no made-up sauces out of a jar (apart from a dab of mango chutney but that's more of a condiment than a pour-on sauce). He had crystal noodles, I didn't.

There were no complaints except from the cats, who didn't have anything left to eat off his plate, hah.

Glad my cooking mojo is moving back where it belongs.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:08 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
a few hours light entertainment

Whistle

Shhh!

It's only a matter of time until you get a custom title. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:50 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Time?
*looks irascibly at watch*
I've been here 16 fucking years.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I farted during a meeting today.

Apparently it sounded "like an inquisitive duck saying whaaaaaaat?"

Shame it smelled like a rotting duck.

And later on catching a species of fish I have never seen before, thats 9 different species from the river behind my house proving it's much cleaner than I thought!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Coming home from a very late lock-in night out at 5.15am pissed as a fart

I did that last weekend. One of the kids had used the spare key and not put it out again, so not wanting the 'conversation' at that point in the early hours, I decided to kip outside. It rained, so I had a choice - either into the back of the pick-up, or find somewhere more comfortable. I ended up turning a wooden planter I had built on its side and trying to sleep in a 90 degree position.

At 06.30 I hoofed it into town to try to find an early morning cafe. I spent an hour on the market benches with the tramps. Eventually the Spar opened so I got a cold pastie and a Mars Bar, and set off home. I got back at about 08.30 to a somewhat 'frosty' reception from 'er indoors. Things are ok now, it has merely reinforced her view that I am a child and a knob-head...

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
At 06.30 I hoofed it into town to try to find an early morning cafe.

It's been a while since I was in my 20s, so I find it reassuring that such cafes still exist. Staffed by an empathic southern European, who will overlook such faults as your shirt being missing and your hair being all over the place, and who will nonetheless serve a cracking fried breakfast at 6am. Just seems to be a different world altogether, now.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her-on-the-other-side neighbour just brought me over some grilled salmon steaks with sweet chili sauce on, and rice and Mediterranean vegetables.

There is so much that even I am thinking, nah, I need to stop now before I get too uncomfortable. I've put the cover back on it to keep the cats off it, because salmon. Dennis the tripod cat got a little bit, but her eyes keep wandering back to the tray with the cover on Laughing

I don't beg them to feed me this way, you know.
They just do it.
Cool

The pay off is, of course, that I have to download some sort of work file to her bloke's laptop, or create a bunch of nested folders for her to work out of, I dunno. Something relatively simple by the sound of it.

Edit: Create new username on Windows, mke 2 new folders on desktop, download four documents into folders, set up signature in gmail. That was a well-earned salmon dinner Cool

Last edited by hellkat on 00:38 - 23 Sep 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
I farted today.

And later on catching a species of fish I have never seen before!

Pics Thumbs Up or it didn’t happen.

EDIT: pictures of the fish, not you farting Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Fisty wrote:
I farted today.

And later on catching a species of fish I have never seen before!

EDIT: pictures of the fish, not you farting Shocked

Thinking Thinking oh I dunno, though Thinking Wub Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the score.
Nice worktop.
Nice cake.
Nice bit of chocolate fudge frosting.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:11 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Fisty wrote:
I farted today.

hellkat wrote:
Thinking Wub Thinking

hellkat wrote:
You know the score.
Nice worktop.
Nice cake.
Nice bit of chocolate fudge frosting.

You know what I like the most?

Cake farts.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pointing the bricks and this little guy jumped out while I was stabbing his home with a screwdriver (DPC mortar joint)

https://i.postimg.cc/9f1kXh1B/IMG-20200922-193926.jpg

And a frenchy while I was cleaning up
https://i.postimg.cc/NFRScrnK/IMG-20200922-193809.jpg

Also https://youtu.be/Q9cRfZtjS9I

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
I was pointing the bricks and this little guy jumped out while I was stabbing his home with a screwdriver (DPC mortar joint)

https://i.postimg.cc/9f1kXh1B/IMG-20200922-193926.jpg

And a frenchy while I was cleaning up
https://i.postimg.cc/NFRScrnK/IMG-20200922-193809.jpg

Also https://youtu.be/Q9cRfZtjS9I

What lovely pictures! The amphibian reminds me slightly of my "French Girl at Home" artwork, psoted a while ago. I have only ever found toads while pointing around DPC level, though. They 'op. They also widdle, I assume as a defence mechanism, rather than a statement of love.

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:02 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a false widow......still poisonous, making a comeback Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby1 wrote:
Looks like a false widow......still poisonous, making a comeback Laughing

Yes, a "cupboard spider" perhaps. I have never been bitten by a spider, as far as I know. The effect of the (rare) bites from these is reputed to be similar to being stung by a bee.

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:28 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty bastards........

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9898219/false-widow-spiders-uk-bite/

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby1 wrote:

Oh, The Sun.

"BRITS are being left in excruciating agony because of life-threatening false widow spider bites, whose flesh-eating venom has left victims permanently disabled and even ended their lives."

Try:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/how-many-uk-spiders-are-actually-dangerous/

Essentially, none. There are three common spiders in the UK that are capable of biting you: the cellar spider, the woodlouse spider and the false widow spider. Their bites are painful and have been known to cause swelling for a few hours.

In 2014 a 60-year-old woman died after being bitten by a false widow spider. However, the cause of death was due to a bacterial infection from the puncture wound, rather than the spider venom itself.

If you don't like the BBC, you could try our Museum of Natural History:

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/how-dangerous-are-false-widow-spiders.html

That's a nice and informative article.

What we have here are only wee timorous beasties. Abroad, I was surprised to find a large dark-coloured spider, its body probably about 1"/25mm long, with legs making it about 2"/50mm, on a low branch near where I was sitting. Being cautious, I gave it a gentle prod with a twig, and it fell onto the leaves of the jungle floor, with an audible "thud", and aggressively raised its body and pushed forward its front appendages, like a crab on a beach raising its claws. I was glad I hadn't piucked it up" No idea what it was.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 20:06 - 23 Sep 2020; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ventured out into my garden with the sinister fiend earlier this week.

He's not at all frit of spiders, in fact he took great delight in tickling one of those stripey ones out of its web whilst we were standing looking at it, and then took even greater interest when he discovered how terrified I was of them.

I could almost see the thought running across his forehead "So that's how to terrify her..." Mad Mad Mad

So I made an effort to explain to him just how hysterical an unwanted proximity to spiders makes me - such that no matter how much I might seem to like someone, an average sized spider in the mix , regardless of how harmless it might be, makes me unconsciously lash out in sheer rudderless terror, like a hurt trapped animal.

So if I punch him, he only has himself to blame.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having said that, several days ago, I was sat here by myself on the sofa, when a huge brown seasonal arachnid* trotted right across the lino in front of me, with his legs all in "high up" mode.

But he was far enough away from me, and heading in a direction that didn't immediately affect me, so I just put my feet up on the cupboard under the table, and left him to it.

I occasionally get a bit anxious about where he went, where he lives, whether he is spying on me, or how many of his friends he has brought to party in my mouth whilst I am asleep, so when I'm feeling super paranoid, I might shake my slippers out from time to time, turn my pillows and bedclothes over before getting into bed, or not put my feet under the cupboard in case he is under there, but in general, I have to live and let live, unless they actually have the temerity to be On Me.

Cos then, all bets are off.
Shocked

*probably "giant house spider" , genus Eratigena

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 23 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
*probably "giant house spider" , genus Eratigena

The ones you really need to worry about are the genus Orifices Orifices. Those canny bastards wait until you are asleep, then pick up the quilt and creep under. They then don 8 slippers so you can't feel them, and hoist themselves onto the feet, along the shins, circumnavigate the knees, up the thighs to the warm, dark places. It is here that they drink their fill of bodily fluids before excreting a sticky mix of poo and eggs, which they gently but firmly push into the host...

Just sayin' Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 215 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 304 of 337