Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had a disastrously bad morning, but it was brightened by a young man (probably at least 20 years my junior) catching me up in the Yeading Shell garage and telling me that he thought I was *gorgeous*

- (specsavers, bro, shoulda gone) -

... and asking for my number/for coffee.

I told him I was Otherwise Preoccupied, relationshipwise - but for some reason I gave my number to him anyway. I figured if he had been brave (blind) enough to have asked for it in the first place, the least I could do is reward him for his courage, with half an hour of the shinier side of my personality, next time I am in LB Hillingdon.

But I shan't be encouraging him.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:20 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
hellcougar.

Rawrrr.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Have had a disastrously bad morning, but it was brightened by a young man (probably at least 20 years my junior) catching me up in the Yeading Shell garage and telling me that he thought I was *gorgeous*

- (specsavers, bro, shoulda gone) -

... and asking for my number/for coffee.

I told him I was Otherwise Preoccupied, relationshipwise - but for some reason I gave my number to him anyway. I figured if he had been brave (blind) enough to have asked for it in the first place, the least I could do is reward him for his courage, with half an hour of the shinier side of my personality, next time I am in LB Hillingdon.

But I shan't be encouraging him.

I keep forcing my number on women twenty years my junior.
Still waiting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:57 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminded me that I was similarly accosted by another man* in Chelsea a couple of months back, but at the time I declined to give him my number.

*who appeared to be of somewhat more comfortable means than yesterday's one, I am still kicking myself even now.

I might start giving them my number when they ask, just to create myself a little stable of studs-about-town. Should be good for at least two coffee-and-buns apiece before they realise they have little hope of getting any further. Cool

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saved myself £10 a month on my phone contract and now get 20GB of data, unlimited calls and texts, EU roaming (including 15GB of data usage) and free access to BT Sport. Getting more but paying less for it makes me v happy Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

got tickets to BBC Radio 4 recording of Mark Steel's in Town next month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:31 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a late-night pissed-passenger chat with a bloke today that made me reconsider my opinion about risk-taking.
It turns out I'm probably much less, in fact 3 times less of a risk taker than I thought I was.
It made me think.
Interesting.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:00 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bareback, weeping sores?

Self oil: pulled into my dodgy offstreet parking lair this morning to find an Ikea bag in it, containing a a sleeping bag, ground mat and a pair of trainers, all brand new.

I can only imagine that some bleeding heart sucker gave it to a "homeless" and received a "What do with this?" vinegar face before it got tossed away at their end of their shift while they were heading back to their council flat.

No, I didn't blag any of it, but I will if it's still there at home time. Whistle

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:09 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they sleep there whilst you are not parked there, and left the bag so as to keep "their" space from other people sleeping in it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oils are geared today by an email advising that my apartment in NZ is paid off. A toe-hold back on the Auckland property ladder, yay. I feel a small celebration coming on.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:18 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Maybe they sleep there whilst you are not parked there, and left the bag so as to keep "their" space from other people sleeping in it.

Mmm, I did nearly run over a genuine homeless there on a proper pile-of-cardboard nest one morning. This was a bag of brand new unopened stuff though, not the usual urine soaked leavings.

Glasgow has 5 separate "charities" for migrant dossers alone, plus loads more for natives. They give away so much free stuff that the homeless treat it as disposable - they know they can just howl outside a door and get more whenever they want.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-G wrote:
Playing on this Spotify free app thingy. Most of the back catalogue of Erasure. Yep, I have Love to hate you; pumping out of the speakers at the moment. Wife is out playing Bingo, all is good. Howard Jones is next on the agenda. Sorted.

Yazoo, Paul Young, ABC, Duran Duran. Back to the 80's at yours eh Dave.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

While looking through my locker full of oils,grease tins and other lubricants,I found a brand new chain lube aerosol that I forgot that I had.I bought two on amazon and had put the spare away.

Right chuffed Thumbs Up Very Happy Thumbs Up

Always have a 'Plan B'

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Agdgdgwngo wrote:

Our system detect a fraud purchase payment, Your account access has been limited on our Policy update page.
What's Problem?
limited access to your account, we require some information to recover your account.
As you know, your transaction was recently declined. Let us explain that we can make sure it does not happen again. For your security, we limit the amount of money going through your account. We do this to protect you, and us, keep your account from fraud opportunities. Log in to my PayPal account and you can finish your limit by following all the simple steps
How To Recover ?
We need some information to start resolving your account, to start resolving , please click this button below

Resolving My Account

Please do not reply to this email. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, simply visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Always gives me a chuckle.

Last edited by recman on 21:12 - 23 Apr 2017; edited 1 time in total

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, also changed the drop links on my friend's Freelander.
Having been quoted nearly £200 'because the old links would need to be angle ground off', he was most appreciative when they just undid.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressure washed mums patio

Has come up amazing

Ache all over now though

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

databases and teaching people how to use them. specifically, what not to do.

No common sense needed Rolling Eyes sure.. just run random delete statements and see what happens.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 24 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touched the bike after two weeks away and got a funny feeling in my pants. Or was that because of the tight jeans combined with getting on from the wrong side?

Weathers beautifully uninspiring so I'll use the arctic conditions forthcoming to realise how rusty I've become.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
seen a job I can do, and want to do, and just applied for it

part-time too Thumbs Up

I always prefer to scrape by on part-time, than work full time Very Happy

just been notified selected for interview

"competence based interview"

hopefully I shall do well. Thumbs Up

lukamon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

writing a resignation letter Mr. Green

been at this place since I left school (12 yrs Shocked ) but since it got bought by a bigger business ive had my pay capped, xmas bonus stopped, company reward scheme stopped, had to start logging everything I do and how long it takes, bootlickers got promoted, installed new "businessman" manager who knows nothing about this line of work... I could go on (for hours)

luckily 2 yrs or so ago 2 managers who had more foresight than me left and started their own business doing the same thing, funded by old boss who is now retired. ill be the 6th person to join them

modest pay increase
matched amount of holiday
better pension
people actually want to be there
actually like the people

cannae wait

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

1kg of cheese reduced in asda to 10p.

mmmmmmmmmmmm my arteries
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 25 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiot fitting an extractor fan at work in our glue room

We presumed he was drilling to fit the main bit to the wall

And was going to run the rest upwards and through the roof

Nope

The fuck wit actually drilled into next door and put a big hole into their building Laughing

What an arcanebodyfuckup Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 93 of 337