Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
As kids we used to kick snow up the skirts of girls we liked....

Trust you to take it somewhere else... put a twist on it insinuate something else, pervert Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some say pervert I say https://youtu.be/inMogpUkUYk?t=30s
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
I went weak at the knees and got butterflies in my stomach

The same feelings as when your boyfriend is conkers deep up your shitter no doubt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bargains, bargains oiled my gears today. Work colleague wanted £50 for a PS4 and controller because useless for playing films or gaming as fan was going full chat and sounded like a harrier jump jet. I took a punt for £50 and opened it up with the help of a YouTube video and the amount of dust in there was incredible. Cleaned it all out and now it's back together it's as quiet as anything. It's a mk1 PS4 500gig so not worth much more that £100 BUT at £50 a bargain. It also means I can play PS4 exclusives like Until Dawn that never filtered their way over to Xbox.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Bargains, bargains oiled my gears today. Work colleague wanted £50 for a PS4 and controller because useless for playing films or gaming as fan was going full chat and sounded like a harrier jump jet. I took a punt for £50 and opened it up with the help of a YouTube video and the amount of dust in there was incredible. Cleaned it all out and now it's back together it's as quiet as anything. It's a mk1 PS4 500gig so not worth much more that £100 BUT at £50 a bargain. It also means I can play PS4 exclusives like Until Dawn that never filtered their way over to Xbox.

Easy to upgrade the hard drive on a PS4 (unlike the Xbox), and yeah its a known issue.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went browsing through the travel guide section in Waterstones to get some inspiration for places to visit next year. I think I have found a couple of likely options which gives me something positive to plan out and look forward to.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly being killed by a vicar

As much as at the time I was rather angry it now amuses me

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drumming up a bit of funeral business Andy. Thumbs Up Healthcares pretty good these days, must have had a knock on effect
in his game and no fucker white is getting married either so probably a bad time to be a vicar tbh.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerd Alert!

After a few years I've found a workflow with the modular system that I'm happy with but it needs careful consideration when altering, each module draws a current and each case supplies +12V DC/1200mA, -12V DC/1200mA.

Spent hours working through specs. Fought with maths and ergonomics and a good *compromise was reached. Cool

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJUn3uXcAE0ool.jpg

Mother32 that was standalone now in place.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJUn3wXUAEmVRm.jpg
^^^That reverb tank caused some trouble.
Phew! No funny smells.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJUn3xW4AEnkwi.jpg

That's me sorted for the long winter. Thumbs Up

*Unfortunately the wogglebug, dual slew limiter and pressure points are currently unemployed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Nerd Alert!

After a few years I've found a workflow with the modular system that I'm happy with but it needs careful consideration when altering, each module draws a current and each case supplies +12V DC/1200mA, -12V DC/1200mA.

Spent hours working through specs. Fought with maths and ergonomics and a good *compromise was reached. Cool

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJUn3uXcAE0ool.jpg

Mother32 that was standalone now in place.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJUn3wXUAEmVRm.jpg
^^^That reverb tank caused some trouble.
Phew! No funny smells.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJUn3xW4AEnkwi.jpg

That's me sorted for the long winter. Thumbs Up

*Unfortunately the wogglebug, dual slew limiter and pressure points are currently unemployed.

Wow, where do you even start! I had countless hours of fun with a Nintendo ds korg emulator a few years back. The sound was surprisingly very good.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KORG_DS-10

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the world of eurorack I am the bike equivalent of a CG125.

You should try the animoog app.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
In the world of eurorack I am the bike equivalent of a CG125.

You should try the animoog app.

Most people I show Figure to really enjoy it, even proper musicians Smile There's a Windows version as well but it isn't as up to date as the iOS ver. (you can't save mixes etc.) and I think you really need touch controls.

I wish the app would integrate with Reason, that kind of control interface with a larger range of instruments/samples would be brilliant.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Nerd Alert!

Very impressive knob pics HT! Cool

Would it have been easier to become a brain surgeon!
Probably, but not as rewarding or as much fun.

Last edited by Pigeon on 22:45 - 03 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent sounds to be had from most apps these days, even used an iRig for a couple of guitar pieces, but as you alluded to integration and compatibility can be frustrating.....and for me they were soulless.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Excellent sounds to be had from most apps these days, even used an iRig for a couple of guitar pieces, but as you alluded to integration and compatibility can be frustrating.....and for me they were soulless.

Well it has mini versions of Thor and Kong, I know people who start off tunes in Figure then finish them in Reason etc.. It's a shame you can only export wave sounds though, I found myself having to export each track/instrument separately, I can't imagine it would be that hard for Propellerhead to export to a readable format (for Reason) but it might be a limitation of iOS.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Well if the same company can't get 2 of its products fully communicating and I know they really love doing just that, then it's a Nazi apple thing I guess. <<<litigation free.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 04 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike started without fuss after sitting in cold weather, winner.

Decided to try out local bike shop: twenty quid for new connectors (bullet etc) on the rear wires -- including labour -- and sorted the loose front brake light switch wire (not that I knew it was loose but easy nonetheless).

No sooner had I got home was I getting a ring saying ready to collect. Think I'll be saving myself half of my life in commuting and using them as and when is needed hereon.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bash plate on my beta is a swine to remove and replace, today I removed it with relative ease, and replaced it first time with no bother.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£152, £152 oiled my gears today. 4 numbers on the Lotto last night, just checked and £152. £150 up after my £2 investment. Nice little Sunday morning gloaty feeling.

Just 2 numbers away from ringing my boss and telling her where to shove her job. 2 numbers away, 2 numbers Sad

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
£152, £152 oiled my gears today. 4 numbers on the Lotto last night, just checked and £152. £150 up after my £2 investment. Nice little Sunday morning gloaty feeling.

Just 2 numbers away from ringing my boss and telling her where to shove her job. 2 numbers away, 2 numbers Sad

This would be grinding my gears.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

Not bad, never got more than 3 numbers so £25 (the old £10 prize). I know people who have played continually from the start and never won more than that Razz

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dog encountering snow for the first time Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 130 of 337