Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Aww shit..didn't want the page-get...Hey-ho] Mr. Green

Been going through a tough patch and as is often the way I didn't let on to anybody (in the scheme of things it is a very very piddly small tough patch) and I thought an old valued friend CBA'd to see me (Sorry this is going a bit ghey isn't it) anyroad-up he's just text me and is en-route. Thumbs Up

He's going to get the HT special cup of coffee (I rub my penis around the edge) and I'll give him a slightly firmer handshake than usual. Wub

I'm sending good vibes to all BCF'ers I like (Quite a lot of you and you know who you are). Karma Wub Karma
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Time in NZ: short but surprisingly relaxing despite extreme funeral sadness and jetlag/swollen feet.

Yes, a lot of tears and family-oriented frustration. But also including a lot of laughter, champagne, hugs, ice creams, native birdsong, good scenery, old friends, cocktail debauchery, bra-buying, balloons and fluffy puppy-dog cuddles.

Wub NZ Wub

Split the package down and put it in the balloons. I'll be in touch about the next step, you'll be happy you're in a 'relaxed' state though.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:01 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leaf is fine today - no issues. It almost seems like it is asking me "what was all the fuss about yesterday"? As I pootle about getting meat for me and straw and shavings for the Chicks.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gears oiled by how much I got done today but I'm absolutely bollocksed now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 10 year old bike has been in bits in garage for 2 months while I replaced.....most of it.

https://i.imgur.com/oBdetDo.jpg

Enjoyed slicing, slipping and sliding 70psi 700c tyres through some muddy stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/hxC9ce1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/K6nLrw0.jpg

21 miles in the sunsheeeiine.......arse destroyed.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:23 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the bike, similar to mine but with bigger mudguards. Mine has been stuck in the shed today and is filthy from last week still.

Would love to have had a sunny ride, alas snow

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to ride that 3 times a week between 20 and 70 miles between 2009 and 2012, then stopped.

Did about 1500 miles on it. Bike cost £180

Have replaced bottom bracket, crank, chain, freewheel cassette, brake pads, pedal bearings, wheel bearings (and rear axle as I broke it), headstock bearings. All for about £85

If it does another 1500 miles, can't get much cheaper entertainment.

Am hoping that getting fitter and having stopped drinking, it has a positive effect as I've not been overly positive this last 18 months.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:46 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

compare that to paying a Gym membership on DD for all those years! Bargain mate. My story is similar, bought the bike 10 yrs ago, did here and their, rode to work a few times, was feeling the benefit then it just ended up buried in the back of the Garage litterally under shop lol. Now rescued and fixed I have done a bit but need to start getting back out now. Bought new gear thats better for the miles I want to do. Time to do it lol.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:36 - 12 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also been cycling on my long neglected Halfrauds' special iron lump. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to not be subject to any road traffic "guidelines".

Todays gear-oil brought to you courtesy of watching fashion victims suffering for their art by sloshing through the slush in distressed drainpipe jeans, trainer socks and plimsoles. Frostbite's a cheap price to pay for looking just like everyone else.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 12 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:
Pulled up outside Tesco express in Harrogate to buy a frji and got looks of disgust through the window with their heads shaking from stuck up cunts sat in Greggs filling their ugly faces.

So I went in to buy a custard tart. I farted on the way out now they had something to be disgusted about. Middle Finger

How council do you need to be to imagine the people who eat in Greggs are stuck-up?

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 12 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance renewal time!

Devitt sent me their attempt which I shall ignore because I hate them.

Meerkats quote gave me RAC as the cheapest quote so I went to their website for a more comprehensive quote and got it even cheaper than the Meerkats. I get a discount for being an RAC member and I can boost up my breakdown cover to European cover for only £10 more than Devitts wanted.

Seeing as I will be going to Europe in August on the bike and was going to have to get Euro breakdown cover anyway I call that a win Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:59 - 13 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Bogeyman wrote:
Pulled up outside Tesco express in Harrogate to buy a frji and got looks of disgust through the window with their heads shaking from stuck up cunts sat in Greggs filling their ugly faces.

So I went in to buy a custard tart. I farted on the way out now they had something to be disgusted about. Middle Finger

How council do you need to be to imagine the people who eat in Greggs are stuck-up?

Shocked Shocked
I thought only council people were allowed to eat Greggs, anyway.

Then again, I really only discovered Greggs when I was maiding in Ilford; the knocking shop was directly over the Greggs Shocked

But putting on a pair of tracksuit bottoms, pulling my hair back in a Croydon facelift, and saying "Fam" a lot, helped me to get away with being in there for my regular fix of Steak Bake and Tottenham Cake. I suspect they knew I came from "them upstairs" Laughing

I once thought we had a potential robber, cos our CCTV showed someone lurking about under the stairs up to the flat, but it turned out to be a homeless man who knew what time Greggs did their chuck-out so he turned up for a feed while it was still freshly chucked out.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pole arrives today. Dance! This means happy wife which means happy me. <wisdom.jpg> I was let in on the cost of
it last night, and despite a 20% discount via her contacts in the industry (The wife is an instructor now) it was still £450 quid
as it's made to measure to suit the new building. I expect I'll be installing it this weekend, then I can order a couple of eye
wateringly expensive 8 foot by 4 foot studio mirrors and a 6 inch thick circular crashmat to go around the pole. I reckon
she'll be up and running out there in a week of two, I still have to fit the soundsystem, disco lighting and some shelves and
stuff, but all the big work is done once the pole is in. Freeing me up for some spacker maintenance and a there's a couple of
parts to swap out on the scoot, I miss my shed, it's been choked up with displaced materials and furniture while this build has
been going on, be nice to get the heater on out there and get my socket set out for a change. May drop the Spacker
into Fowlers for a service, just to get the book stamped really. it's still under warranty so I might as well, they called me about
it back in October when the build started but I haven't been able to get it out of the shed for all the building clutter.
Now if this dog would just stop menstruating then that would be the cherry on the cake, so to speak.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:56 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
a 6 inch thick circular crashmat to go around the pole

I am going to have to do an act of contrition, because I imagined it to look something like a tiger-skin version of a toilet pedestal mat.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gear oilage has been sponsored today by a passenger from last night. He got in at The Cheshire Cheese, a bit pissed and smelt wonderfully of pubs.

Not in a sticky-carpet sort of way, but of that really nice "wood-panelled-couple-more-beers-than-he-shoulda-had" kind of smell that decent old fashioned pubs used to smell of.

It helps that he was chatty and interesting: had he been less urbane and witty, I would probably have thought he just smelt of booze and fags.

Cool

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWFwdX4WAAAU__g.jpg No shares.

Only use Greggs when I've given up on life. This pie is from a trusted source.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

burned over 1,500 calories on a bike ride, so just stuffing my face with a couple of cakes before tea,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:
thx1138 wrote:
burned over 1,500 calories on a bike ride, so just stuffing my face with a couple of cakes before tea,

Never understood why people keep count and get off on how many calories they have burned or how much weight they have lost.

Then again I've never been a fat bastard.

Don'y worry, you make up for it in other ways.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
grr666 wrote:
a 6 inch thick circular crashmat to go around the pole

I am going to have to do an act of contrition, because I imagined it to look something like a tiger-skin version of a toilet pedestal mat.

Karma for titties Thumbs Up Karma

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWFwdX4WAAAU__g.jpg No shares.

Only use Greggs when I've given up on life. This pie is from a trusted source.

Cruelty to animals. If he got the pie, serves you right. His look says it all: "you bastard!" Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:

Never understood why people keep count and get off on how many calories they have burned or how much weight they have lost.

Then again I've never been a fat bastard.

But then again, one can lose weight. Your teeth growing back yet, ugly git?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:41 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get mine then he gets his.

Dinnertime rules.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVm0KywW0AEYEhI.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I get mine then he gets his.

Dinnertime rules.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVm0KywW0AEYEhI.jpg

"And that's supposed to be compensation, is it? You bastard!" Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's never eaten human food and the amount of salt in that pie would've killed him....I've saved his life. Smile
In fact I've taken one for the team.... every time I eat a pie I save the life of a dog.

If you were to just give £3 a week I could save many many more lives.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 140 of 337