Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biketrac, in an ironic way.

Got to work and was told a lad on a bicycle had been eyeing up the bike for a lengthy period of time and playing attention to the locks around two days ago. Locked it up, went inside and looked at T&C's on Biketrac and found:

biketrac wrote:
Please note that BikeTrac is a product designed to alert you by SMS text message and/or email if your vehicle is moving without keys and ignition off, when the system is ‘armed’. Location of the vehicle is shared with the Police. If required BikeTrac Limited will attend location to use RF (VHF) in liaison with the Police. Recovery of a stolen vehicle (or other asset with BikeTrac fitted) is not currently part of the service provided. No liability will be accepted by BikeTrac Limited to recover a stolen or lost vehicle or asset, nor will BikeTrac Limited be liable to reimburse the owner should their vehicle not be recovered, or if it is damaged.

So, in summary, they'll take your money; send you annoying messages every-time you wheel your bike around (I assume without disabling the "armed" function); share the location, but not attend unless asked, with the police, of whom will likely not care one ounce. And, best of all, recovering a bike without the police is not part of their service.

So, you pay them to tell you what you already know: your bikes been stolen.

biketrac wrote:
Subscribers must not attempt to recover a stolen vehicle (or any other asset fitted with BikeTrac). Subscribers must contact their local Police authority who will decide whether to utilise the BikeTrac system as part of their recovery and/or criminal investigation efforts.

Yes, sir. I'm totally going to stare at a map on the computer on my stolen bike without attempting to go and get it.

biketrac wrote:
If a vehicle is stolen and not recovered, BikeTrac Limited will not refund any pre-paid subscriptions. Direct Debits can be cancelled in accordance with section 8 of these terms and conditions. Subscriptions may be transferred to brand-new BikeTrac units, however not second hand units.

We'll fuck you as much as the thief and make you pay £299 for a new unit.

I didn't read any further. I can sleep more peacefully knowing these services are totally useless.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I want some M-m-m-m-morleys bbq chicken wings Crying or Very sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent the week with Max.
Max solved my problem of cat-shit in the children's bedroom (5 minutes before I was due to leave)
... by eating it.

So no kisses goodbye for Max today then.
He is a shit-eating crotch-sniffing ginger demon. Mad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is kinda esoteric, but it oiled my gears.
I'd rushed home to NZ (and back) for my sister's funeral with such unseemly haste that I did not ask whether she was being cremated or buried. The husband was in such a state at the time that I didn't like to ask, and the family had rallied round and made a memorial service for her which was quite lovely. They just carried her out at the end, six sturdy lads. So its only now I've got over my jet lag and life is back to normal that I wondered ... what did he do with her then? Can't imagine six weeks later that he's still got her sitting round the house.

So I plucked up the courage to email him and ask.
Turns out, he's okay about telling me it was cremation, and in her will she'd said that she wanted her ashes scattered on Takapuna Beach.

https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2017/family-beach-day/auckland/takapuna]

Which is exactly the same beach as I have told Anita that I want mine scattered (from the cliff at one end) Cool

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-new-zealand-north-island-auckland-takapuna-beach-106315713.html

It will give me eternity with her to catch up with what was going on in the last 30+ years of our lives that we never shared. Wub

[edit]: pictures aint showing up ... must be my pc Evil or Very Mad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:10 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new jam band I'm in is getting ideas above its station. Since christmas we've been practicing one day a week. 5hr session today..Phew!

Talk turned to doing a gig at the local show in August. I've not performed for years plus we'll see how we get on over the next few weeks.

Had a few nice comments from bystanders about my playing and that's the reason why gears are feeling oiled. I'm playing better than ever even though I say it myself. I sound like me, and that for a 'musician' is about as good as it gets.
For perspective purposes there are 7yr old musicians who can wipe the floor with me and teenagers who can play perfect covers by the masters...but they dunnae sound like me. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:17 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Biketrac...
I didn't read any further. I can sleep more peacefully knowing these services are totally useless.

Yet they have a 90% recovery rate.

Last edited by owl on 00:26 - 08 Apr 2018; edited 2 times in total

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
This one is kinda esoteric, but it oiled my gears.
I'd rushed home to NZ (and back) for my sister's funeral with such unseemly haste that I did not ask whether she was being cremated or buried. The husband was in such a state at the time that I didn't like to ask, and the family had rallied round and made a memorial service for her which was quite lovely. They just carried her out at the end, six sturdy lads. So its only now I've got over my jet lag and life is back to normal that I wondered ... what did he do with her then? Can't imagine six weeks later that he's still got her sitting round the house.

So I plucked up the courage to email him and ask.
Turns out, he's okay about telling me it was cremation, and in her will she'd said that she wanted her ashes scattered on Takapuna Beach.

https://cdn.eventfinda.co.nz/uploads/events/transformed/886623-407233-14.png?v=3

Which is exactly the same beach as I have told Anita that I want mine scattered (from the cliff at one end) Cool

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/G4Y2NN/new-zealand-north-island-auckland-takapuna-beach-G4Y2NN.jpg

It will give me eternity with her to catch up with what was going on in the last 30+ years of our lives that we never shared. Wub

[edit]: pictures aint showing up ... must be my pc Evil or Very Mad

^ fixed?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:41 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
Thanks.
The same beach but different Cool

It is the beach we grew up on, five minutes local to the house our mum owned until 2 years ago.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:12 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Yet they have a 90% recovery rate.

It's impressive but it's not incapable of fault. If I were one of the twenty-nine owners that didn't get their bike back, at all, I'd be tempted never to spend a penny more than was needed if I got back into biking ever again. Having spent three hundred quid, plus labour and a subscription fee to be told, "Computer says no," would be the icing on the cake.

I'd be interested to know at what speed those bikes were recovered and in what state. Mainly how many insurance policies were then cancelled, following legal advice from police, and then recovered in a ride-able or repairable state. That ninety percent is too broad, for me, given recovery of a badly damaged bike uneconomical to repair could count as a recovery figure. It's all too easy to imagine that that ninety percent screams 259 eternally thankful owners reunited with a bike that had minimal damage.

My objection is largely with their business attempt in that being told "We only act if police do, won't refund your subscription fee and don't currently see recovering bikes as part of our service" isn't making me want to hand over monies.

I should add, though, that I've had this conversation in a thread before and was recommended a cheaper tracker (not a specific one, on the whole). Interesting to see how biketrac operate, though.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the mortgage arranged on the new place yesterday, should have it paid off in the next 5 years or less Dance!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:36 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
This new jam band I'm in is getting ideas above its station. Since christmas we've been practicing one day a week. 5hr session today..Phew!

Talk turned to doing a gig at the local show in August. I've not performed for years plus we'll see how we get on over the next few weeks.

Had a few nice comments from bystanders about my playing and that's the reason why gears are feeling oiled. I'm playing better than ever even though I say it myself. I sound like me, and that for a 'musician' is about as good as it gets.
For perspective purposes there are 7yr old musicians who can wipe the floor with me and teenagers who can play perfect covers by the masters...but they dunnae sound like me. Smile

Good to hear. Can't beat playing in a live band. Not having the opportunity is a large part of the reason I don't pick up the guitar as much as I used to. Backing tracks, even creating your own tunes from scratch, just aren't the same.
When I was trying to put a band together, and we got together to jam/rehearse, 5 hours would seem like 5 minutes Smile

What kind of things are you playing when you get together?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Blues Rock and our specialty Ambient rock (when the drummer skins up).

Yeah mainly ear splitting heavy riffing rock. Did you know that the Rickenbacker 360 is a fantastic sounding guitar for all forms of Rock? I didn't. Smile It's a hellova neck to grapple with compared to a C shape Strat so 5hrs became a hand wrecker.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Blues Rock and our specialty Ambient rock (when the drummer skins up).

Cool Thumbs Up
If I ever played in a band situation without skinning up, I don't recall Wasted Oh, when we did pub jams I think I was straight, just a few beers.
Unfortunately, the last time I played in a band, turned out the bass player was into something a little stronger, which wrecked things Sad

Quote:
Did you know that the Rickenbacker 360 is a fantastic sounding guitar for all forms of Rock? I didn't. Smile It's a hellova neck to grapple with compared to a C shape Strat so 5hrs became a hand wrecker.

I don't know anything about guitars/amps/gear. I just like to play Smile Maybe I would have learned more if the band had worked out.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:08 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infecting an office workmate with the airsoft virus. Pew pew level: lulzsome.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm breaking the guitar rig rules. Which incidentally is the only rule.

Jangly pop semi-hollow guitar into Jazz Chorus and using massive amounts of transistor gain with the Bass boosted. Wub

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I'm breaking the guitar rig rules. Which incidentally is the only rule.

Jangly pop semi-hollow guitar into Jazz Chorus and using massive amounts of transistor gain with the Bass boosted. Wub

I guess nobody said when they made these things that you have to play certain types of music with them. If it sounds good... Thumbs Up

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
I'm going to be an uncle again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Stop shagging your sister.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:34 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Fisty wrote:
I'm going to be an uncle again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Stop shagging your sister.

That would make me Ashleigh, I'm not Ashleigh.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

just learned that Beta Xtrainers are finally showing up on price comparison insurance sites, until now only a very few insurers would acknowledge their existence, initiallyinvolving a convoluted and long winded telephone call.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonus 500 nectar points from BP ultimate Fuel.... Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This.
https://youtu.be/MNzBFgwkU0A

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

Cool...Annoyed...Bored...Compelled...Listened...Embraced...Enjoyed.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:59 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted fork seals with sealmate

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

making wooden things out of bits of pallet

first one was a new back gate

second was a raised bed

both came out well and look better then the bought ones they replaced

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst searching for some tins of plum tomatoes to make Sunday afternoon pasta sauce for lunch, I found a packet of dark chocolate florentines that I had bought myself for Christmas and forgotten about.

Oh yeah Dance!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 151 of 337