Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Bluebird floating again.

Donald would be a very proud man that a bunch of volunteers has managed to salvage and rebuild the boat.

It must be quite something for his daughter to see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45068703

And Mr Whoppit Very Happy

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being able to tell people I have just ridden a 'Big One'....

Nice bike, btw. A tad tall and heavy so was tippy-toes time out of the car park with an audience just waiting for me to drop it...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three hour job interview went better than I'd hoped. Third stage of application.

There are no more stages. Will know this week. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaffer bought me beer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Being able to tell people I have just ridden a 'Big One'....

Nice bike, btw. A tad tall and heavy so was tippy-toes time out of the car park with an audience just waiting for me to drop it...

Careful, Paddy might start calling you a shortarse.... he hates short people. Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Three hour job interview went better than I'd hoped. Third stage of application.

Rolling Eyes
https://31ezgh23idkm2p8cg52wlokb.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Crash-and-burn.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:57 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Rolling Eyes
https://31ezgh23idkm2p8cg52wlokb.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Crash-and-burn.jpg

Would I be right in saying you've had a lot of different jobs in the past? Do you get tired of them, get laid off, punch out the boss or what? I ask because at the end of the day, I know I'm not gonna just swallow my pride and go and work in Tesco. I'd be bored within a week (I do have my eye on a similar possibility but for a much smaller place, with equal or better flexibility from what I've been told).
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 5 days in Cornwall on a complete news blackout, returning to Boris's burkha storm and a dead chuckle brother.
PMSL. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Would I be right in saying you've had a lot of different jobs in the past?

Yes, and no. This century, I've had two main jobs, postie and a supervisor at a citizens advice bureau.

When I was a postie, I was a part-timer, proper postman not a casual or an agency worker, had my own round, but it was only on a Saturday, but I could do overtime if I wanted to, but not be made to do it Dance! whilst I did this I had a couple of other jobs, casual porter in an auction house, and worked for a man with a van, who ran lots in and out of same auction house.

When I was at citizens advice I worked part-time, 21 hours a week.

I've always done voluntary work too - right now I have three voluntary jobs, I give advice one morning a week at a drop-in, I staff a dementia and memory loss helpline, and in the winter only I work with the Salvation Army cold weather nightshelter. I've done loads of things in the past, including South Downs Ranger - so perhaps that explains the impression of me having had lots and lots of jobs.

Way back when I was a youngster, I'd do things like save up three or four weeks annual leave, and then instead of going on holiday, work for an agency for a month.

Also I did get through a shed load of jobs when I first left school too. I did get fired a fair bit, or jumped before I was pushed back then.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

When I was a postie, I was a part-timer, proper postman not a casual or an agency worker, had my own round, but it was only on a Saturday, but I could do overtime if I wanted to, but not be made to do it Dance!

Yeah, that's the dream!
The place I've been told of seemingly lets you pretty much decide how many shifts you want to do, according to the chap I spoke to who works there anyway. Quite how that works out with them maintaining their staffing levels, I don't know, but I suppose the caveat would be as long as they're covered sufficiently.
Only trouble is, it's 20 miles away, so for part time work, that'd eat into funds on the commute a bit. If I do just two shifts, I'd have all bills etc covered, but with not a great deal left to play with. 3 shifts would put me in the lower tax bracket, but I'm not sure by how much, so might not be worth it. Then 4, but as I don't have rent or a mortgage to pay, I was kind of hoping to have plenty of free time - ah well, usual swings and roundabouts.
Bonus is, it's on the edge of the Lake District, so handy when I want to get up on the fells Smile
Still weighing it up at the moment before I approach them, while I try to ensure I'm actually fit enough to get back in work.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike theft.

I carry the world and his wife in security and then some guy rocks up and leaves his Norton Commando (961, most probably) parked up with only a steering lock on while he pops into a shop.

Sometimes I wonder if half the bikes that go missing are because of such people.

Oiled gears because made me giggle and wonder why I ever worry.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my Honda Superdream at the weekend.
Buyer/mate can’t pick it up for a week or two, so I thought I would see if I could get it going.
Four years since it last ran.
A flush of fresh fuel , a few turns without the plugs in to circulate some oil, a fresh battery and hey-presto! She ran Thumbs Up

Sold it dirt cheap to get it out of my way, with all the accumulated Superdream junk that goes with it.
I will have some room to move in my garage, happy days Thumbs Up .

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45126526

Eddie Mair's exit from the BBC

"I'm sorry I'm not in the office today as planned. I seem to have picked up one of those 48 hour bugs. Atishoo."

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:28 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dropped the Scoob off at the garage to get ALL the bodywork sorted (rust). felt so good to drive it there even on 4 half flat tyres. God that straight through 3" system on a flat 4 sounds amazing. rumble.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being in an office environment again means that I'm REALLY REALLY HAPPY THAT IT'S FRIDAY Dance!

Cos its the weekend and I don't have to worry about working any more til Monday.

Well ... unless you can call sitting on the sofa eating cake and smooching dogs *work* ...

Cool

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It totally pissed down in London, a couple of really good heavy showers. Cool

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:50 - 11 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It oiled my gears last night/yesterday evening.
The weather has eased up a bit and last night I could watch the thunderstorms in the distance.
Quite a light show, at one time we had sunshine, rainbows, black clouds and lightning all in the sky at the same time.

Groovy Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 11 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought I'd be so glad to see a heavy grey cloudbank.
Cool

I fuckin love weather.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 11 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance Renewal on GSXR 1000, £78.49 (TPFT). Not only gears oiled but I'm laughing my arse off that I can insure a fucking missile for peanuts but my crappy old Clio costs 5.5 times that.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 11 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new clutch on the MZ.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from an impromptu test ride on a Thruxton R.
Mate texted earlier asking if I fancied a spin and we ended up at Hertfordshire Triumph.
The torque and soundtrack had me laughing out loud in my lid.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

've been there. Feck, it took me 1 year to get a proper job in my field of study after graduation. Good luck. Thumbs Up

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

've been there. Feck, it took me 1 year to get a proper job in my field of study after graduation. Good luck. Thumbs Up

thx1138 wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I'm guessing the metaphor of being shot down in flames, crashing and burning means a no go, unless he's applying to be a stunt man. Wink

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
I'm guessing the metaphor of being shot down in flames, crashing and burning means a no go, unless he's applying to be a stunt man. Wink

I know this isn't really appropriate, given OP's situation, but I wake up at 4:55 every day to go to work and today is just monday, in other words I'm tired/slower than usual. Laughing

Anyway, unless you have a criminal record, getting a job that would pay you well enough for your skills is only a matter of time. I wanted to be a lawyer and living in a industrial city (limited amount of lawyer jobs), it took me several interviews and about a year to get a job, that I'd enjoy doing and pay alright money, considering.

Also, I've been reading this article about the Brexit today, how Europeans flee the country, forcing the employers to hire anyone and even raising wages. If there is a good time to get job in the UK, it is now.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulsewidth modulation. Wub

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkgM13rW0AA-Yvv.jpg:large
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 247 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 171 of 337