Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Fisty wrote:
Bluebird floating again.

Donald would be a very proud man that a bunch of volunteers has managed to salvage and rebuild the boat.

It must be quite something for his daughter to see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45068703

And Mr Whoppit Very Happy

And it's bloody beautiful.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5iNQu4B6IQ

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

I know this isn't really appropriate, given OP's situation, but I wake up at 4:55 every day to go to work and today is just monday, in other words I'm tired/slower than usual. Laughing

Anyway, unless you have a criminal record, getting a job that would pay you well enough for your skills is only a matter of time. I wanted to be a lawyer and living in a industrial city (limited amount of lawyer jobs), it took me several interviews and about a year to get a job, that I'd enjoy doing and pay alright money, considering.

Also, I've been reading this article about the Brexit today, how Europeans flee the country, forcing the employers to hire anyone and even raising wages. If there is a good time to get job in the UK, it is now.

I got a new job interview working in a GP surgery doing admin, at a few pennies over minimum wage, yay me. Rolling Eyes

what oiled my gears is people who express doubt that I can get to the wherever it is the job is on a bicycle. 10 miles is as good as nothing for a cyclist, unless I'm pushing for a TT personal best Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I got a new job interview working in a GP surgery doing admin, at a few pennies over minimum wage, yay me. Rolling Eyes

what oiled my gears is people who express doubt that I can get to the wherever it is the job is on a bicycle. 10 miles is as good as nothing for a cyclist, unless I'm pushing for a TT personal best Laughing

10 miles a day on a bicycle, all fun and giggles before the winter comes. Damp and cold weather can turn one into Mr. Wolfe in no time. Next thing you know, you have a GoPro strapped to your head and you're yelling at a granny in a Nissan Micra for not using her turn signals properly.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA Orbital cannon slapdown on everyone else on the map at the time I took the shot.

Three confirmed kills, one confirmed LOL. Been waiting for a long time to use that one free shot.
GTA$500,000 per shot from here on out. Fack that! I only wish I could have seen their faces.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorting out my wifes smart phone and gmail

deleted over 12,000 unread emails
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the pack has grown by a 3rd.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dku3ybKX0AAo_a2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dku3ybdXoAAe_Hb.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

I miss my dog. Crying or Very sad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^I know exactly what you mean.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do I but I'm also quite liking not having the responsibility of looking after one.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aretha Franklin dying. I know it's sad and all that, she was the Queen of Soul etc etc

However.........at least it meant that the radio played her stuff all day which is always good and even better it kept bloody Madonna* who is 60 today and who would have been played all day if Aretha hadn't karked it, out of my ears.

*The shreiky, half-dressed, old windbag

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
So do I but I'm also quite liking not having the responsibility of looking after one.

That's why I do pet-sitting now
They're like children: you can enjoy the pleasureable parts of them, smooch up a few woofers and moggies, and when they're just starting to get tedious, you get to give them back.
Plus you get to watch other people's tellys on comfy sofas.

Although I have to say: I am fucking LOOKING FORWARD to being home very shortly.

It's been a long three weeks. Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is from yesterday cos it was a two-oiling day.

Some ancient old granny on the bus that everybody was ignoring, turned out to be a quite interesting 95 year old German lady (in a very Jewish area in North London - although I expect if she was a German Jewish lady of that age, she would be an even MORE interesting lady), and I really wanted to know her story.

But she got off the bus two stops before me Crying or Very sad

But it sort of got me wondering SO MUCH about her story that I felt the itchings of some long-lost creative writing urge.

AND THEN: someone ordered Nandos for lunch, but Nandos fucked it up somehow, so ended up sending the whole order again. But the guy had eaten all of the first order *anyway* ... so
I got a free Sunset Burger, and I didnt even order Nandos in the first place. Fuck me, those are a bit of alright arent they.

I always just had Nandos marked down as a bit boring, but I might have to revisit to test out other offerings, now.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not got any Strava KOMs yet, but got in the top 10 global leaderboards for a section i cycled today.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

I miss my dog. Crying or Very sad

Howling Terror wrote:
I know exactly what you mean.

Pat, you thieving b'stard, give his dog back! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:37 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will if he doesn't shoot it because it can't work sheep.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dky618wWwAAv6Oi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dky618uWsAAM0vf.jpg

Anyway I have changed her name to Pepper so she's ours now.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I will if he doesn't shoot it because it can't work sheep.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dky618wWwAAv6Oi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dky618uWsAAM0vf.jpg

Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I oiled my gears today, by scaring myself when I put over 7bar of pressure in my bicycle tyres. Laughing

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I oiled my gears today, by scaring myself when I put over 7bar of pressure in my bicycle tyres. Laughing

7 bar is only about 100psi. I used to run that in my racer tyres over 30 yrs ago.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, 8 point something is the max for mine I think Shocked

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

A good name Wink Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Does your nose look like black pepper has been sprinkled on it?

addon; we did (for a nanosecond) consider the name Sooty but as we have a spaniel named Sweep (due to her cleaning-up ability)I did not want to be the bloke heard shouting 'Sooty - Sweep, come here' across the park.

As a pup our other dog started howling when I played slide on a Danelectro guitar. He's called Dan.

As is the way they have alternative names they respond to.

Sweep will answer to Svepski and Svine and Dan is ok with DanielNotaSpaniel.

Tilly who died last year also answered to TillBob and Bobski.

Pepper has learned her new name within 48hrs and as with all previous dogs apart from Sweep (the little svine.. Wub ) she will be trained to a high standard....Dan does my emails. Wink

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

As is the way they have alternative names they respond to.

Sweep will answer to Svepski and Svine and Dan is ok with DanielNotaSpaniel.

Tilly who died last year also answered to TillBob and Bobski.

I have cat called Tom and he answers to “Ning nong ning nong ning nong” ?

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

10 miles a day on a bicycle, all fun and giggles before the winter comes. Damp and cold weather can turn one into Mr. Wolfe in no time. Next thing you know, you have a GoPro strapped to your head and you're yelling at a granny in a Nissan Micra for not using her turn signals properly.

meh - I was a postie, back in the day, out all day every day on a bicycle in traffic Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I frequently refer to Gracie as "Bum-bum" for some odd reason. The Mrs has about 20 names for her, no wonder she's a
bit batty , these include Bum-Biddley, Pickle, Pick-Pick, Buh-buh, Pooches and Pupper. She is only ever called
called Grace in big voice when I'm interrupting some mischief... Stops her in her tracks!! Laughing

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:33 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our lab is called Mini but mostly referred to as Moocher as she will mooch fuss off anyone she sees 😉
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 221 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 172 of 337