Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Diggs wrote:
I must admit it did take a couple of attempts to find first, but as an ex-owner you'll know why Laughing

Tis upside down; one up, the rest down.

The gears are all up, with neutral at the bottom. I tried a couple of times to put it into 'first' before I realised this Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

The gears are all up, with neutral at the bottom. I tried a couple of times to put it into 'first' before I realised this Laughing

Oh, my memory must be failing (well, I know it's failing Laughing ). Could have sworn it was a 'reverse' gear shift. Long time since I had one though.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not usually a fan of purple bikes but that one ... holds my attention for some strange reason.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'm not usually a fan of purple bikes but that one ... holds my attention for some strange reason.

The H2C is the only bike that not only is allowed to be purple (and pink), but actually should be Mr. Green It was an original colour (for the UK at least):

https://i.postimg.cc/HxbbrtYz/dencoh2c001-zps5be04723.jpg

Dem ol' psychedelic 70s, innit.
Could've been worse. Could've been brown.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

Gorilla glue is famous for having very high THC levels. You probably want a strain with middling thc levels and higher than average CBD.... more mellow and buzzy.

Yeah I'm still working my way through the remaining couple of bags of cheese from two summers ago. It definitely has the right buzz for me, way better than gorilla glue. I'll probably get more of that when it runs out, and just find someone to donate the other stuff to. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A parent sent me a bar of chocolate via Prof when they came to Outpatients, to say thank you for being helpful.

Nearly fell off my fucking chair in surprise.
Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for a job interview today.

For a job that I really really want, that I've been waiting patiently for it to come up for 5 years, and its for reasonably good money, too.

Despite that i am close to the edge of my working life, it will be something that will look good on my CV.

I had a good time at the interview, banter-wise with the Trust Secretary and the Director of Corporate Strategy. I think they want me (in a good work-ethic way). Its a kind of board-servicing job so its branching out into an area I've become interested in due to having been a governor in the past.

Questions were moderately challenging in places, but I doubt there's nothing in the job that I can't actually do (standing on my head) although the third guy on panel might be quite difficult for the other two to convince that I am worthy.

I think they can see that I am up for a challenge, though.

But ... even if I don't get THIS job (which I truly do really want even more than to have babies with the Hot Professor of industrial asthma) ... I've been offered a less-paying and slightly more boring job ANYWAY - which is more the sort of thing where I will just sit and type my way to retirement and be the grouchy old bag who parents hate because I wont overbook their chesty little cherubs into outpatients.

... so either way it looks like I'm staying at the Brompton for the foreseeable.

Yay.

Plus, the Trust Secretary has amaaaaaaazing eyes.
(even if he is Australian Rolling Eyes )

The down side of that is ... if I *do* get offered that job, then I have to turn down the clinical sec job and they are going to be mightily peeved especially as I already agreed verbally that I'd take the job. Rolling Eyes

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:27 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

The H2C is the only bike that not only is allowed to be purple (and pink), but actually should be Mr. Green It was an original colour (for the UK at least):

I fondly remember that period approach to tuning.

I assume from the Denco pipes and sock filters, there was a bit more going on in that motor, but the only obvious attempt to tame the chassis (which couldn't handle the standard motor) was a pair of Marzocchi shocks, which effectively made it a hard tail Laughing

I also don't know why they bothered with that front brake, all it did was add weight.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll finally inherit a job at work that I've always liked doing when the old bastard that has always done it retires tomorrow.*
I'll have a four post vehicle hoist, shed loads of all different kinds of tools including a very decent welder to perform a myriad of repairs.
No two days are the same and I'll certainly be living up to my forum handle.

*actually, today. Didn't realise how late it was.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I fondly remember that period approach to tuning.

I assume from the Denco pipes and sock filters, there was a bit more going on in that motor, but the only obvious attempt to tame the chassis (which couldn't handle the standard motor) was a pair of Marzocchi shocks, which effectively made it a hard tail Laughing

I also don't know why they bothered with that front brake, all it did was add weight.

It had a full Denco porting job and 34mm Mikunis. Or at least, not standard carbs, but replaced to match the tune (he said, being more careful about memory this time Laughing ). I bought it off some guy through an Enfield, London dealer, as it stood in that guise, with plans to do a bit more to it, but didn't get around to anything further before I decided I was too young to die!

It had a Dresda box-section s/arm. And a Kawasaki-type steering damper. Bit like trying to fix a gunshot wound with a band aid Rolling Eyes And yes, those shocks were painfully solid.

Maybe the front brake was just intended as extra weight to try to keep the front wheel down? Fail! Even with the longer-than-stock s/arm, it made little difference in that regard. The front wheel just didn't like the ground, so a crap front brake was the least of my worries Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed a handsome bike! If you look at the forks, it does have the mounting points for another calliper. Perhaps all old Kawas were made this way in acknowledgement that the single disk was rubbish?

I bet those spannies sounded good Thumbs Up

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last nights mixed grill...

Steak, lamb chop, gammon steak, liver. kidneys, sausage, pork chop, black pudding, chips, peas, fried egg.

Washed down with 5 double JD's, a double Glenmornagie and 2 pints of thatchers gold.

Good company, good chats and a general feeling of being happy. Not had that for a long time.

https://i.imgur.com/l6QWnRj.jpg?1

3 x doubles in a glass

https://i.imgur.com/bodTggA.jpg?1

Last edited by Fisty on 20:32 - 24 Jan 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:29 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
pork chop.

You ate him?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:33 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Fisty wrote:
pork chop.

You ate him?

Not yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doggo trying to hump my bag before I set off for work.
https://i.postimg.cc/59h0MVzX/20200124-130041-1-1.gif

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:35 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Milan.
I have been taken to see the Duomo (beautiful) ... although I'd like some downtime to poke about in there on my own (unlikely)
I have done the tourist traditions where apparently you drink Campari, and crush the knackers of a mosaic bull in a galleria. (I don't know, I just did what I was told)
I now own a beautiful green silk scarf
I have glimpsed La Scala (from the outside, at least)

I have already eaten so much food I can barely move.
Its only the end of day 1.
I had forgotten just how much time Italians spend eating.
I cannot remember the last time I was unable to finish a plate of food.
It happens so rarely Shocked
Thank goodness I'm only here til Sunday lunchtime.

I'd like to go and see The Last Supper but I'm actually here to work ... Laughing

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A day off so spent the day with a mate hiking through dense forest without a GPS. Many times lost, many times realised we'd walked back on ourselves but did finally make it to the destination - a hidden lookout tower. Climbed said old rotten disused security fenced off tower and then hiked back.
My muscles ache badly, my feet hurt and my brain was frazzled. It was an awesome day!
(it ticked off something from my bucket list - just need to find a woman with false teeth now..)

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
just need to find a woman with false teeth now

Presumably a dwarf with a flat head?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
just need to find a woman with false teeth now

Presumably a dwarf with a flat head?

Actually.. the dwarf thing was done but not a flat head and she, definitely a she, had good teeth.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:35 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste just said ' eew, thats disgusting,'.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Ste just said ' eew, thats disgusting,'.

You should get that infected penis looked at.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polenta, huge steaming swathe of it.
With sausages.
And mushroom gravy.
Fuck.
#knobbledagain

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 26 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back from not being an international prostitute of mystery* and have returned to my farty little London flat. It's good to be home in my trackies with my cats.

I did have a nice time, though. I'm not ungrateful, as my host and his wife were incredibly hospitable and accommodating. I might send them a gardenia plant for their garden to say thank you.

*although I do know one or two. One who springs to mind: a tiny little black girl, well when I say "girl" I mean "old woman about my own age", who flits between here, Dublin and Frankfurt, and whose clients buy her latex outfits in which to frustrate them. Nice lady, very down to earth Laughing

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 30 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprus road tax renewal was due - everyone has to pay up in January.

What oiled my gears today is that the year's tax on Sid's FZ1N was a whole 1€ more than a year's tax on my Smart Roadster Coupé.

€63 for the bike, €62 for the car. Get in!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 30 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A local business knows about my metal making things hobby - they are one of the places where just before Xmas I gave a small gift as a thank you (a metal cat). The business placed the cat behind the sales counter as an ornament.
Yesterday that business asked me if I would consider leaving some bits with them - customers are asking about the metal cat and it could have been sold a dozen times. They want to sell bits for me as a thank you for what I've done to help them in the past.
I call that a win!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 255 of 337