Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Today the machine has been oiled with liberal use of Lactulose. No longer grumpy.

Lol, my daughter uses that to counteract one of the side effects of closapine.
Most efficacious. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Bristol (!):

University of Bristol wrote:
"All-purpose dinosaur opening reconstructed for the first time"

8<

...Dr Diane Kelly, an expert on vertebrate penises and copulatory systems...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2021/january/dino-vent.html

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the thread in General Chat, fixed my wobbly side stand with a free washer made from a PET bottle. Simple hack and seems to have done the job too. Thumbs Up Both my gears and my side stand have been oiled.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:45 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making vegetable soup! Carrot, parsnip, celery, butternut squash, swede, cauliflower, onions, garlic, red pepper, chillies. Pepper. Stock. Prepare; roast, blend, taste, first course for dinner(s).

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:32 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the little bastard out in the rain for a spot of mud-bogging with the remote control monstertruck.

The local football team isn't going to be pleased with what we've done to the edge of the pitch...

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, whilst wasting my life on youtube, I came a cross a ''random google algorythm'' video, where a lad made crisps in less than 5 minutes in his microwave.

I tried exactly what he did and it worked! The result was so good, that I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Shocked

Pealed potato, thinly sliced, on a plate + baking paper brushed with oil and some seasoning on top. 6 minutes on 900W in my microwave. The only down side is that I can't fit many crisps at once on the plate, so the process is tedious, if you want a ''full bag'' experience. I might gonna try to get one of those ''twin plate'' solutions for microwave ovens.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:52 - 20 Jan 2021; edited 1 time in total

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, hopefully a little bit of oiling maybe?

Talking to someone who is okay with non mainstream bikes.
They’re prepared to take a look at my “project Scrappy Hyosung” and give me a diagnosis regarding the health/viability of the engine.

Starting to try and get Project Scrappy Hyosung going again Laughing Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 21 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed in bed almost all day until about 5 when someone rang me on videophone, and so I had to get up.
But it felt like the right place to be.

I like a bit of a sleep-in, but I can't usually stay in bed for much longer than an hour or so after actually waking up.

So I stayed there and was an invalid for a day, listened to an audiobook and did a bit of sleeping.
The cats came and went, one of them threw up some sort of plant matter, but luckily it went down the gap between the window.

I felt much better, except that this headache had moved to a new place in my skull. But at least I know that's what it is, and not brain cancer, a stroke, or meningitis, etc.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 21 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to resurrect my laptop with the Italian operating system.

For some reason (possibly an excess of fried chicken crumbs) its keyboard finally packed up just before Christmas, but as it was an integral keyboard, I had absolutely no idea what to do, due to my earlier meltdown.

But whilst tidying up in my living room (!) this weekend after noticing the radiator leak, under the chaise longue I found an old keyboard from an ancient tower PC, so I decided to try plugging it into the Italian laptop and (of course) it worked.

Just as well it didn't occur to me to buy a new USB keyboard earlier then, wasn't it? Laughing

I am now optimistic that by being fully equipped with correctly-working technology, I might manage to start up the tower PC as well, copy everything off its hard drive into my dropbox, and finally throw the goddamn thing away (I've had it since at least 10 years)

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 21 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also (more IT success) the problem with my Trust laptop was finally solved, and they got me connected to my office PC remotely.

So after various conversations with nice chaps from IT, I actually managed a few hours actual work this afternoon.

Its not that I'm workshy, its just that I couldn't get the damn thing to connect, but I had thought it was MY fault, not the hospital server's fault.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 23 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOP yellow ticket stuff.

Whole chicken 30p. Joint of beef £1.15. Pack of lamb chops 40p. Pack of decent sausages 18p.

Thats a weeks worth of food for me for less than £2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 23 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just today but every time doggo runs onto the local basketball court in the park to join in the fun.
The white kids laugh and try to play with him while the black/Asian kids shit themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat woman next door succumbed to Covid 19, shame I know, apparently the rats will miss her. I've keys to her place that she entrusted me with. She's a new washer dryer and a decent telly I might liberate before all her relatives come and ransack the place.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Rat woman next door succumbed to Covid 19, shame I know, apparently the rats will miss her. I've keys to her place that she entrusted me with. She's a new washer dryer and a decent telly I might liberate before all her relatives come and ransack the place.

Thats outrageous!

Any decent tools in the shed?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:40 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered how long it would be 'til you bowed her out with that one.
Surprised it wasn't earlier.

If we're lucky, the next neighbours you get will be meth heads.
That should last us a while through these cold winter evenings.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I wondered how long it would be 'til you bowed her out with that one.
Surprised it wasn't earlier.

If we're lucky, the next neighbours you get will be meth heads.
That should last us a while through these cold winter evenings.

You've seen the rat video. Fuck all gets in our house now, Meg is on the case. She is fucking evil, she has grown into a 10/10 hunter killer.

https://serving.photos.photobox.com/12501321753836c715bccd8be9028f1ecb92749d2f1e50197b50da7a69abc601d98c9b51.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I started my tea/dinner/evening meal, I had no idea what I was going to have.

I ended up with a bowl of red salmon (juice drained off) accompanied by a massive dollop of natural yoghurt, and then ground something from a plastic grinder entitled "Gordon's Garlic", which involved salt, pepper, thyme and garlic, just lightly over the yoghurt.

It was fucking awesome and I am tempted to go back and make some more.
Sounds boring, was wonderful.
I'm really getting into contrasting flavours Wub

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
When I started my tea/dinner/evening meal, I had no idea what I was going to have.

I ended up with a bowl of red salmon (juice drained off) accompanied by a massive dollop of natural yoghurt, and then ground something from a plastic grinder entitled "Gordon's Garlic", which involved salt, pepper, thyme and garlic, just lightly over the yoghurt.

It was fucking awesome and I am tempted to go back and make some more.
Sounds boring, was wonderful.
I'm really getting into contrasting flavours Wub

Maybe start a foodie experiment/recipe thread.
Should be fairly successful.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
y a massive dollop of natural yoghurt, and then ground something from a plastic grinder entitled "Gordon's Garlic", which involved salt, pepper, thyme and garlic, just lightly over the yoghurt.

Similar; we get Longley Farm Cottage Cheese (it's good quality stuff that's almost solid, unlike runny stuff from Tesco); a bit of sea salt and black pepper transforms it into something really rather yummy. Nice on crackers as a healthier alternative to normal cheese (or in addition to).

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 27 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doggo again.
This time he was trying to hang out of the back of a great big girlie American Bulldog Staffie thing in the park.
He has no fear.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘Smoky Bacon’ flavoured crisps.
‘Roast Chicken’ flavoured crisps.
Both suitable for vegetarians. Brilliant!

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
‘Smoky Bacon’ flavoured crisps.
‘Roast Chicken’ flavoured crisps.
Both suitable for vegetarians. Brilliant!

U wot, m8?

https://forgifs.com/gallery/d/206353-1/Cross-eyed-kids-wtf.gif

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:29 - 30 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a guitar up for £100 on eBay, got an offer for £50. "£60 and I'll throw in a guitar strap, tuner, etc." counter offer comes back: £51. FFS, that's not even playing the game Sad

And just now: sold, at full price Shocked I almost want to message the first ppl just to go "ha! cheapskates!"

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 30 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter.

I was a bit upset yesterday morning, so I thought I would ring Anita, as it was still Friday night in Australia, and hopefully she wasn't out on a hot date.

But she was home (yay!), slightly drunk, and made me laugh by pretending that the camera froze on the video call. Rolling Eyes

At first I fell for it, but then when I realised, we kept trying to pull the same joke on each other all the way through the call.

Childish, I know.
But it made me laugh.

I must have done some awesome parenting somewhere along the line, for her to turn out the way she has Wub
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 321 of 337