Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got given a Sony Bravia 50 inch TV.
It's bloody brilliant, and did I mention it was free!

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving to the yard this morning I passed a now defunct go kart place.

Out the front was this.... for free!!

https://i.imgur.com/a1rIrXe.jpg?1

Basics are there, it works (ish) so the start of a little project!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZXR400 featured in Practical Sportsbikes magazine, feeding my >20-year obsession though I’ve rarely seen one in the flesh. Lovely. I wonder if I’d be disappointed if I rode one.

Now looking at potential projects on eBay. This will come to nothing, I know, but I’m enjoying it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I was sat at a McDonalds drive through directly beside the pay window minding my own business staring into oblivion when a cloud of crap in the air that had suddenly shot up from under my fuel tank and through the fairings into the air caught my eye.

I panicked thinking something had just blown up, or suchlike; but no.. it was just the cooling fan kicking in for the first time since I got it late last year.

So that works, then. Laughing

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 25 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
ZXR400 featured in Practical Sportsbikes magazine, feeding my >20-year obsession though I’ve rarely seen one in the flesh. Lovely. I wonder if I’d be disappointed if I rode one.

Now looking at potential projects on eBay. This will come to nothing, I know, but I’m enjoying it.

Don't. I've owned over a dozen. Looking back they were the best of the 400's but still a terrible bike that make no sense now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 25 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only does my current cleaning lady put my shoes in side-by-side mode if they are in disarray (rare, cos I usually put them that way myself when I de-shoe myself)
... but she even washes the cat bowls Very Happy

She's not-all-that with skirting boards and cobwebs, but none of them are really.
Swings and roundabouts, innit.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being a pedestrian today and stopped outside Chelsea Town Hall to admire a Harley which was grumbling lazily at the traffic lights in Sydney Street.

Accidentally flirted with the rider, who was probably 20 years too young for me, and with fresh new embroidery on his cut-off Shocked Shocked
(which I didn't actually notice until I had engaged him in conversation Shocked ).

Annoyed the fuck out of the bus-driver behind him who was tooting at him to move. But I was determined to find out what colour the bike was (some sort of old gold apparently) cos I might want it for the next paint job, if I ever get round to it.

No doubt the rider was probably wondering who that eccentric old woman was that made the traffic wait whilst she asked him the colour of the bike ... but it put today's smile on my face Laughing

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished two shifts from Hell and have some time off.
Two 14 hour busy shifts, over 90 miles away from where I live and the main road (A11) has closures Evil or Very Mad meaning a 45mile detour!

Super tired but happy not have to do any more Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I was being a pedestrian today and stopped outside Chelsea Town Hall to admire a Harley which was grumbling lazily at the traffic lights in Sydney Street.

Accidentally flirted with the rider, who was probably 20 years too young for me, and with fresh new embroidery on his cut-off Shocked Shocked
(which I didn't actually notice until I had engaged him in conversation Shocked ).

Annoyed the fuck out of the bus-driver behind him who was tooting at him to move. But I was determined to find out what colour the bike was (some sort of old gold apparently) cos I might want it for the next paint job, if I ever get round to it.

No doubt the rider was probably wondering who that eccentric old woman was that made the traffic wait whilst she asked him the colour of the bike ... but it put today's smile on my face Laughing

Oh, I am of no doubt, that eventually you will wear purple, and a red hat. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
... and a red hat. Laughing

Shifty

edit: now with added red hat.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=69281

Last edited by hellkat on 17:57 - 27 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 29 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put together a metal shelving unit for the shed.
It all went together without any problems?
I put some strengthening board on the floor before installing it.
It fitted just right Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 30 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched loads padalists jumping lights in Glasgow City Centre this afternoon. Mad

Then, oot o' the blue, a dark blue 4X4 jumps the lights and switched on it's blue flashing lights and proceeded to stop the pedalist cnut who had just blew the red light.

Cheered me up.

(Everyone was able to breathe during this event.)

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Watched loads padalists jumping lights in Glasgow City Centre this afternoon. Mad

Then, oot o' the blue, a dark blue 4X4 jumps the lights and switched on it's blue flashing lights and proceeded to stop the pedalist cnut who had just blew the red light.

Cheered me up.

(Everyone was able to breathe during this event.)

Masks on I trust.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold another guitar, nice excuse for a jaunt tomorrow while the weather's reasonable. Turns out the buyer is 5 mins away from one of the pubs I used to do work for years ago so I know all the roads but it'll be the first time on a bike!

Doubly pleasing as I had an earlier offer - for less money but more local - a few days ago but that guy's ghosted me.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 03 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to visit my ex this arvo.
We had a right old chinwag: a good easy-like-Sunday-morning kind of Saturday afternoon.
He's in a good place in his head, and I am glad.
The mad old bugger Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got up at the crack of noon and jumped in the shower. Headed down to Box Hill to peruse some bikes. Back for massive Easter dinner with the family.

Perfect day Very Happy

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it shows a flaw in my character, but so what.
Found out yesterday that the back stabbing little shit who was shagging my first wife behind my back, the cause of me having to sell a lovely four bedroom detached house with a lovely sized garage and nice gardens. split my family up, the reason I will have to work till the day I die instead of having no mortgage in a years time. having to rent a house. The reason why my kids wont have an inheritance. He has died, not only died, but a painful death and he knew it was coming for a while. I know I shouldn't jump for joy and laugh my head off as I've been there myself and dodged the grim reaper by the skin of my teeth, but............... Ha!

I know I'm going to hell in a hand cart, but it does feel like karma Laughing

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Found out yesterday that the back stabbing little shit who was shagging my first wife behind my back, the cause of me having to sell a lovely four bedroom detached house with a lovely sized garage and nice gardens. split my family up, the reason I will have to work till the day I die instead of having no mortgage in a years time. having to rent a house. The reason why my kids wont have an inheritance. He has died, not only died, but a painful death and he knew it was coming for a while. I know I shouldn't jump for joy and laugh my head off as I've been there myself and dodged the grim reaper by the skin of my teeth, but............... Ha!

The day you shake the reapers hand, thank him for the extra time that cunt granted you. Sounds like he got what he deserved.
What oiled my gears today....

I didn't die.

Even though for a split second my brain went "FUCK, this is really going to hurt"

Last edited by Fisty on 20:20 - 04 Apr 2021; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

When my stepfather died, my sister phoned to tell me, and I said "Finally. Good riddance to bad rubbish".
She agreed with me.

Celebrating the departure of a evil influence upon your life is not a character flaw.
Causing their death is one thing.
Celebrating it is quite another.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always taught never to speak ill of the dead but he sounded like a cvnt so...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:33 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

already got my tax return worked out and ready to go Cool

oh, and I put by a bit each week for the tax bill, but it looks like I won't pay much tax, so that lump sum will tide me over a few more weeks

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Enjoy every second of it. Thumbs Up

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

You get my vote Thumbs Up .
There are few cvnts in my life that I will happily celebrate when they die!
Will I feel guilty/bad about it, not in the slightest.

When someone sh*ts all over you, feel no pain at thier misfortune.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eating my iffy Tesco scotch egg whilst sitting here just now. My legs is a bit wobbly after the pedal back home though.
https://www.adventuremotorcycles.net/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_04/20210405_133950.jpg.8cec6d5ff55c1416673ea9e06664ad6c.jpg
https://www.adventuremotorcycles.net/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_04/20210405_134646.jpg.7db1ecc60b0b7c9aad1029702f32dc2b.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 330 of 337