Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my lockdown haircut sorted out, at a really nice girlie Saturday-lunchtime hair-do session.

The hairdressery lady said that she had been asked whether she'd had any dodgy lockdown haircuts to sort out, but that until today, she had been able to say "no"

Shifty

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the keys to the flat and began the moving process.

I hadn't actually seen inside before, just took a good look at the pictures and did a driveby to make sure it wasn't pikey central - with two bedrooms and a garage, it was always going to be infinitely better than what I've been used to, but it was still a gamble.

Paid off though, I couldn't be happier - slightly quirky, but in a good way, all decent sized rooms and much more storage space than the pictures showed; only slight concern is the garage roof tiles, they look like they might be asbestos.

Got the first couple of van loads done, so all things being equal, tonight should be my last in the plastic prison cell Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:55 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just messing about, stumbled on a nice way to play Led Zep's "Kashmir", in D. No idea if it's right (if it sounds good, it is good, right? Laughing ), but in that key you can play around with all kinds of ways to play the main theme - holding the D chord (major, root on A) and walking up the bass line on the thick E string (now muting the A), do it with octaves on E and D strings, octaves on D and thin E strings with the open A as a drone, and then on the second part, open D drone with the melody on the G, etc etc. Fun to experiment with, will have to work on that some more tomorrow - plugged in this time! Ooh, wonder what that will sound like with some drive and the flanger? Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:55 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcohol.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:17 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Discovered that the un taxed or insured car near my house was unlocked.

There are other quotes from Nobby about who would leave their car unlocked and why on earth would anyone leave their car unlocked.

Then this morning, oh look, Mrs Nobby has left her car unlocked.

Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Discovered that the un taxed or insured car near my house was unlocked.

There are other quotes from Nobby about who would leave their car unlocked and why on earth would anyone leave their car unlocked.

Then this morning, oh look, Mrs Nobby has left her car unlocked.

Laughing

I take it that in the interests of equity, Nobby has left her a present?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Just messing about, stumbled on a nice way to play Led Zep's "Kashmir", in D. No idea if it's right (if it sounds good, it is good, right? Laughing ), but in that key you can play around with all kinds of ways to play the main theme - holding the D chord (major, root on A) and walking up the bass line on the thick E string (now muting the A), do it with octaves on E and D strings, octaves on D and thin E strings with the open A as a drone, and then on the second part, open D drone with the melody on the G, etc etc. Fun to experiment with, will have to work on that some more tomorrow - plugged in this time! Ooh, wonder what that will sound like with some drive and the flanger? Smile

So had a look at the proper way to play it. Oh bugger Laughing
Original played in DADGAD tuning. Not sure I can be bothered to start messing around with more open tunings on the electric guitar.
However, key of D is right in my version, and I think it sounds ok. Keeps the feel, if not the authenticity, which is something I'm often more concerned with, so although I might learn to do it properly (seems pretty easy), I'll also carry on working on my version in standard, since I think it does work well enough.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:25 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I probably won't witness the satisfying pop of the dog shit bag when they jump into the seat for their evening joint.

Oh dear, I think they've used their car. Laughing

How it was on Friday:

https://i.imgur.com/9RLsPah.jpg

How it is now:

https://i.imgur.com/n8p93C4.jpg

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

managed to fix a leaking fork seal. Thumbs Up

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helped a mate build a lean-to so he can work on his Honda Blackbird during the rain.

https://i.postimg.cc/t4XxdrcQ/IMG-20210501-WA0001.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/7Lt0Zgmv/IMG-20210502-WA0011.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:35 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Triffids on the boat were having a feast yesterday with mossies, flies and a big fat spider munched.

The Sundew caught a large mossie last night which was still wriggling this morning. Digested alive by a plant. Sick

https://i.postimg.cc/vZCDCtPM/IMG-20210506-083331916.jpg

I'm going to feed my home ones maggots tomorrow, The flytrap will love that. Dance!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:29 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I probably won't witness the satisfying pop of the dog shit bag when they jump into the seat for their evening joint.

The bag of dog egg was still on the seat on Wednesday evening but this morning it's been dropped out of the car onto the road. Mr. Green

https://i.imgur.com/1DnNaJV.jpg

So it was sat on at least once and now they might have realised the errors of their ways.

Will it magically find its way back onto the drivers seat to make them even happier? Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should let the dogs {eggs} out {of the bag}.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
My Triffids on the boat were having a feast yesterday with mossies, flies and a big fat spider munched.

The Sundew caught a large mossie last night which was still wriggling this morning. Digested alive by a plant. Sick

https://i.postimg.cc/vZCDCtPM/IMG-20210506-083331916.jpg

I'm going to feed my home ones maggots tomorrow, The flytrap will love that. Dance!

Careful not to overfeed them. I had a Venus flytrap as a kid and got a bit overenthusiastic!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The bag of dog egg was still on the seat on Wednesday evening but this morning it's been dropped out of the car onto the road. Mr. Green

https://i.imgur.com/1DnNaJV.jpg

So it was sat on at least once and now they might have realised the errors of their ways.

Will it magically find its way back onto the drivers seat to make them even happier? Laughing

Slow puncture on the front tyre?

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 11:49 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

I hadn't actually seen inside before, just took a good look at the pictures and did a driveby to make sure it wasn't pikey central

Technically, you are the pikey here. Are you moving further in or further out?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:02 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Slow puncture on the front tyre?

Both front tyres are like that. Laughing

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Shaft wrote:

I hadn't actually seen inside before, just took a good look at the pictures and did a driveby to make sure it wasn't pikey central

Technically, you are the pikey here. Are you moving further in or further out?

I was ony a pikey by association Laughing

Slightly further in, bit closer to Dartford.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little things Smile .

Took two old lottery tickets into the shop today.
Both had a free lucky dip win on them and a bonus £5 on each Very Happy

Came out with two more lottery tickets and £10 more than I went in with, happy days Thumbs Up .

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Perhaps you should let the dogs {eggs} out {of the bag}.

Another vote for this.
One under the drivers seat poking out slightly so they think they have 'found it' without realizing you've popped the drivers side air vent out and slid a 4 day old dog torpedo down the pipe before refitting the vent cover.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:44 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in favour of replacing the internal light with a snail horn.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:16 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good as that would be, dog eggs are a stronger message.

Wiring a horn to the internal lights will take ages and we've no idea how near by or far away the owners / users of it are.

I mean, they have put the egg bag on the ground right next to the drivers door. If they didn't want to find it on their seat again then they'd have put it somewhere further away.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trowel it under the door handles.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:38 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

But isn't a shitty seat is much worse than a shitty door handle? Laughing

Nobby, is your car locked?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:53 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
But isn't a shitty seat is much worse than a shitty door handle? Laughing

Nobby, is your car locked?

Yes.

Is your front door locked?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 333 of 337