Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GSXS 1000 picture.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

reed
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:01 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: GSXS 1000 picture. Reply with quote

May be a repost but could not be bothered to check. Smile

Just saw this image of the upcoming naked GSXR thing by suzuki.

I think it looks alright. Razz

https://i60.tinypic.com/ekkfh1.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:04 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cross between a CB1000R and a Z1000. Yawn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:17 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically a GSR1000...

I still am a firm believer of GSXR1000 engine from an 06 wanged into a naked type bike with adjusted gearing.

Why detune it, just downgear it. Make it more fun but still retain the bloody poke.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much plastic and it looks all big, fat and dumpy with all the bodywork, much like the CB1000R.

Naked bikes are supposed to have things like bloody ugly radiators and pipes sticking out, and no plastics! Headlamp fairings should be banned, just a single round or square powerful light and MX style bars with a bar pad etc.

Naked bikes should have the engine on full show, even if it's an ugly water cooled lump.

No wind protection, no rider aids, and no big ugly fat exhausts or designer's on serious drugs like the new Kawasaki Z1000's design team were!

I think out of modern nakeds the Original Hornet had just about everything you'd ever want and nothing that you didn't need to have fun. If the CB919 had been a CB1137 instead I might well have brought one too!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd actually prefer a street-fightered GSXR (tastefully done of course, not a bolt-on goodies special). I always fancied doing this with the K4.

This bike doesn't stand out from the crowd for me - a case of Suzuki with too little too late?
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Boris the spider
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:07 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the jeans and fancy boots combo.
Really set the blandness of the bike off to a teeeee

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do all new naked bikes seem to have droopy headlight syndrome?

https://ktm.com.co/sites/default/files/1290_R_Superduke_orange_90.jpg
Herp

https://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Kawasaki-middle2.jpg
Derp

https://www.sub5zero.com/sites/default/files/uploads/2011/09/2012-Ducati-848-Streetfighter-2.jpg
Derp derp derp

Makes them look bloody squished.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:

https://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Kawasaki-middle2.jpg
Derp

I've seen one of these live in the flesh so to speak. It just looks wrong. It looks like it was put on badly and its slipped down the forks.

Sick
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:33 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC wrote:
Its one of those bikes you'll see coming along and think oh that's a...

ER6n?

(insert eighty-eleven other bikes).

They'll shift a few the first month, then it'll be SALE! SALE! SALE! all the way.

Oh, Suzuki, yer aywis at the coo's tail. They need to stop trying to nibble away at other manufacturer's markets with also-rans, and come up with something genuinely fresh and compelling of their own.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:33 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

Maybe it's time for a mk2 TL1000S, or something else new and different:

1, A GSXR600 powered Dakar desert racer?

2, A 650-800cc turbocharged twin adventure bike to out perform both the darling Triumph Tiger 800, and the BMW R1200GS?

3, Re-visit the DR800 Big concept?

4, A Hayabusa engined Factory Bobber to outstyle the Yamaha XV950, and also have a tyre shredding 180bhp/

5, A twin cylinder road going supermoto bike, about the weight of the DRZ400, but with say 60-70bhp?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:47 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:

The light itself is fine, it's the fairing following the route down toward the forks that makes it look odd.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:59 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet another new boring ugly styled bike Sleeping

Someone wake me up when the bike style changes hopefully it will make the change for the best and companies will make some nice attractive bikes for once. Ugly headlights, uglier exhausts and ever uglier pointed plastics.

If this is the future of bikes I better hope someone starts creating parts for second hand early 00's late 90's/80's bikes.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:22 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:

This is why I don't like the street triple. Every time I walk in front of one I want to grab the lights and lift them up about a foot, foot and a half.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

FriendlyEllis
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 06:38 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst thing is the colour.

If it was red it would look better and go faster!

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:55 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a shame suzuki.

A well proven, loved engine... Could of been so good but no, that was just too hard wasn't it guys?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:07 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:

https://ktm.com.co/sites/default/files/1290_R_Superduke_orange_90.jpg
Herp

This one is the biggest shame for me. Ugly as sin, but I do think it shows that colours make a lot of difference. The write-ups have caught my imagination with the KTM, and I'd love to try one, but still butt-ugly.

stevo as b4 wrote:
A Hayabusa engined Factory Bobber to outstyle the Yamaha XV950, and also have a tyre shredding 180bhp

Hmmm, more like a Suzuki version of the V-Max? It would be interesting to see a bit of competition in this area.

FLV
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:26 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really are very samey, don't think it'd really registered on me before

rideslikean00...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:39 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I think out of modern nakeds the Original Hornet had just about everything you'd ever want and nothing that you didn't need to have fun.

If you mean the pre-2007 redesign ones, you're right. Handling isn't as good as the post-2007 ones in some respects but they are beautiful little naked bikes, nearly bought one before I put money down on my Divvy. The one I tried was in white, first time I've seen an older Hornet in that colour.

Anyway, that Suzuki looks ugly. Looks like someone weighing 30 stone sat on the headlight and make it sink into the front forks, also looks like the styling is a muddle of KTM and Kawasaki, all triangular, the same mistake a lot of newer Yamahas are making too IMO.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:44 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
I really like it. Litre bike engine, with more midrange in a naked with supersports suspension? C'mon.

I want a testride.

I was also discussing the potential of building a slightly cheaper variant with Paddy the other night. Concluded that a Cat D K1-K3 GSX-R 1000, with a fatbar conversion & some brackets to fit a GSR 750 headlight could likely give the same effect for a lot less money.

Keeping the massive powerhouse, naked road styling and down gearing. Sick as balls.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like another transformers clone to me
Might be mechanically impressive, but form over function
rules yet again.
Like cars, bikes seem to be getting blandly similar.

OK boringly practical, but the low headlight doesn't help you to
stand out to other road users.
The clocks look way too low to be in your eyeline
Having to keep nodding your head to check the instruments
would really piss me off.
Where would I strap my wicker shopping basket?
Where would I fit my leg shields and throw overs?
Where would I strap my themos flask and service revolver?
That rear seat's neither use nor ornament,
how would you get a pizza delivery box on there?

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:47 - 16 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike design is becoming increasingly incestuous Rolling Eyes and not like it's because someone produced something so amazing that everyone else is copying it.

Why not something like this Moto Guzzi custom?

https://thekneeslider.com/images/2010/10/renard-gt.jpg

https://thekneeslider.com/images/2010/10/renard-gt-4.jpg

https://thekneeslider.com/renard-gt-a-moto-guzzi-wrapped-in-carbon-fiber/

Simple, futuristic, equally useless seat if that's what gets your rocks off. Yet infinitely more motorcycle-ish IMO. It actually looks like a machine! Compared with what the current mainstream designers are doing, which is more like a child's idea of the future with all those useless sharp angles and their innards covered up because engines and shit are scary.

The droopy headlights only serve to accentuate the design's tiredness, like a flaccid cock.

If I had to have any of these bikes I would swap the stock headlight for a classic 7" round one with a black rim. Can't beat a good ol' round headlight, seriously.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 9 days between these two posts...

blueglue
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:14 - 25 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bring an old thread up but it just go to show how popular this bike is on BCF Laughing

I'm actually thinking of getting one of these, but as an MT rider i suppose i fit the target group for this as a litre replacement for mine.

Really not a big fan of the headlight but seeing as i wont be looking at it i suppose i can just move on.

The MT09 is a bit lacklustre for me so im hoping the upright GSXS will tick the boxes for me. The seat looks a hell of a lot more comfortable that's for sure.

Ah well ill see what i make of the test ride on friday.

like the look of the black/red one

https://www.amcn.com.au/media/1623031/suzuki-gsx-s1000-candy-red-658a.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 218 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2