 Matt06 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:55 - 01 Aug 2015 Post subject: Intermittent electrical fault - blowing ignition fuses |
 |
|
Hi guys,
My z750 has started to occasionally blow the 10a ignition fuse. I have replaced it a handfull of times over the last few months and it will run for a few weeks at a time before blowing again. This isn't something that happens when riding and only when pressing the starter switch.
I have taken the starter switch apart and cleaned it up with contact cleaner and checked the wiring back for shorts and can't seem to find anything. The wiring looks good and I've checked around the bars for pinched cables.
It may be a silly question, but as it's only occasional and when starting, I'm tempted to just put a 15a in instead of a 10a, but i guess this would cook some wires?
I was also thinking replacing the starter solenoid? ____________________ Current: MT-10, Bandit, Grom, GPZ500
Previous: YBR125, GSXR400, ZXR400, MT-03, NTV650, R6, z750, ZX6R, MT-09 |
|
 Nobby the Bastard Harley Gaydar

Joined: 16 Aug 2013 Karma :  
|
|
 Islander World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Aug 2012 Karma :    
|
|
 moonzoomer World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
|
 WD Forte World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
|