 Thorn Banned

Joined: 07 Oct 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:54 - 05 Aug 2015 Post subject: ZX9R C2 / Z1000 Gearbox Output Shaft |
 |
|
Can I swap these collars without pulling the bearings?
https://thoronir.net/photo/ZX9R-Z1000-OutputShafts.jpg
Z1000 output shaft on the bottom, original 9R output shaft on top.
The Z1000 shaft is considerably longer (about an inch) which will push the front sprocket out of alignment.
There are people on the 9R forum who claim to have used the full Z1000 box - including the output shaft, but mention changing a spacer for the output sprocket - I'm presuming that's the collar on the far left infront of the bearings but I've no idea how to get these off.
Is it possible to swap over the collars without dismantling and reassembling the entire output shafts or pulling those bearings off?
Cheers ____________________ Skyjet SJ125-26 (Dead) || Yamaha FZS600 (Dead) || Kawasaki ZX-9R C2
"Everything you touch turns to disappointment." |
|
 jimspeed World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 Karma :   
|
|
 Thorn Banned

Joined: 07 Oct 2012 Karma :     
|
|