Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So The Display Jet Crash Pilot...........

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:32 - 16 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the Mail is tiptoeing around for legal reasons. The only dirt they're throwing is the price of the car, which they repeat over and over again. What they really want to say is that he massacred lots of innocents. And usually they would. The pilot must have a very good lawyer.

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 16 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
I suspect the Mail is tiptoeing around for legal reasons. The only dirt they're throwing is the price of the car, which they repeat over and over again. What they really want to say is that he massacred lots of innocents. And usually they would. The pilot must have a very good lawyer.

The Mail has, as usual, got no real point to its articles.
It seems to me only an attempt to turn people against Andy.

I don't know him at all, but the (UK) airline industry is a surprisingly small world, and I know several people who do know him well and have flown with him multiple times.

I don't see the point the Mail are trying to make. It's a car, it's for driving around in. In other news, man caught riding a bicycle. Rolling Eyes
He probably owned it before the accident anyway, but even if he didn't, what business is that.

Seems more like they may have a chip on their shoulder that they can't afford a Porsche than anything else.

I think the reason the Mail didn't say that he "massacred loads of innocents" is because they have very good lawyers (advising the editors on what they can and cannot print) rather than AH's legal team.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:40 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Red Arrows will not perform aerobatic stunts at Britain’s biggest air show for the first time in more than 50 years, because of safety fears after the Shoreham disaster.

Rolling Eyes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/15/red-arrows-pull-out-of-farnborough-air-show-aerobatics-after-sho/

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:34 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The F-35 will be on show? Shares of duct tape manufacturers should get a healthy boost. Be sure to ask when the software to let it actually fire its cannon will be available. Whistle

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telegraph wrote:
The Red Arrows’ normal 22-minute display ranges over a five mile area and features nine jets passing each other as close as 15ft apart, while travelling at 800mph at a height of sometimes only 50ft above the tree tops.

The Hawk is supersonic now? Shocked

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:
Telegraph wrote:
The Red Arrows’ normal 22-minute display ranges over a five mile area and features nine jets passing each other as close as 15ft apart, while travelling at 800mph at a height of sometimes only 50ft above the tree tops.

The Hawk is supersonic now? Shocked

Apaprently so.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 16 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake. Although I doubt they display at Mach 1+.

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:26 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they meant a closure rate of 800mph, which would be correct. But that's not what they actually wrote.

Interestingly, the Red Arrows, being the RAFAT come under military authority, so do not have to comply with the new CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) rules regarding air show displays.
However Farnborough is very close to built up areas, and there isn't the same kind of protected display area there that there is at other locations.

Military sometimes have a tendency for knee-jerk reactions led by outside perception in order to be seen to be doing something.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 261 days between these two posts...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:36 - 06 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farnborough Airshow public weekend axed

The Farnborough International Airshow will no longer host a public weekend after "negative and vitriolic" feedback for displays, it has been announced.

Organisers said the Shoreham air crash had "expedited" the decision, which comes amid a "dwindling number" of spectators.

A spokeswoman said organisers could "no longer provide an airshow the public want".

The event will focus on its five-day trade show.

The Farnborough Airshow will still include trade flying displays when the biennial event takes place in July 2020.

In a statement, organisers said the exhibition halls would be open to the public on the Friday of the airshow, while it would "focus on inspiring the next generation and showcasing the technologies driving new products and manufacturing processes".

Spokeswoman Mary Kearney said the airshow appreciated the affection plane lovers had for the public weekend, but it received "very negative and vitriolic feedback from 2018".

She added the effects that the Shoreham air crash had on air displays "certainly had an impact" and "expedited this decision".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-47463443

Sad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread resurrection Thumbs Up

Was expecting this to be some mother's day card thing for a minute.
Or something by Centerstand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2019-03-08/shoreham-airshow-crash-pilot-andrew-hill-not-guilty-of-manslaughter/

Not guilty.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news.

Go somewhere inherently dangerous and you take the risk.

All those traumatised people who won't be able to sue....

My heart bleeds.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Excellent news.

My heart bleeds.

I don't know enough about the case to say whether he should be jailed or not BUT he did crash on a road, killing randoms, not just airshow people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Excellent news.

My heart bleeds.

I don't know enough about the case to say whether he should be jailed or not BUT he did crash on a road, killing randoms, not just airshow people.

Most it seems were stopped on the road watching the airshow on the cheap.

I just get fed up with the histrionics. Things happen. That's life but the 'Oh my god he's worse than Hitler' brigade get my fcuking goat.

Then you have the 'Lets have a witch hunt' authorities.

Prosecutors had claimed the 2015 crash was due to “pilot error” and although Mr Hill was normally considered “careful and competent”, he had taken “risks” in the past, suggesting he sometimes played “fast and loose” with the rules and may have had a “more cavalier attitude to safety than was appropriate”.

That isn't a statement of proof, It's a cobbled together blame game.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I just get fed up with the histrionics. Things happen. That's life but the 'Oh my god he's worse than Hitler' brigade get my fcuking goat.

Prosecutors had claimed the 2015 crash was due to “pilot error” and although Mr Hill was normally considered “careful and competent”, he had taken “risks” in the past, suggesting he sometimes played “fast and loose” with the rules and may have had a “more cavalier attitude to safety than was appropriate”.

If there's proof of him having done risky things in the past, it's a statement of fact partially. Either way, another airshow lost, unjustly.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

If there's proof of him having done risky things in the past, it's a statement of fact partially. Either way, another airshow lost, unjustly.

They will all go. As will anything with an iota of risk. How long until bouncy castles or rollercoasters are banned.

Fcuk I'm glad I'm old. At least I won't have to live in the sterile, cotton wool nanny state society for another 50 years. You youngsters are welcome to it.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least formula 1 will stay. Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only because it's as boring as fvck, or is that what you were getting at?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the moneh, moneh, moneh....

Remember Bernie bribing St Blair to keep tobacco advertising? That was the first stain on Mr White's trousers.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Only because it's as boring as fvck, or is that what you were getting at?

Sterile is the term I think you use. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3