Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Comrade Corbyn congratulations thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:28 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Corbyns army dropping like flies at the moment

2015 results for Stoke-on-Trent:

Labour 12,220
UKIP 7,041
Conservative 7,008
(then the rabble)

UKIP could - I don't think they will, but they could - bag it. Run on a "send a message to Sharia May to get on with it" platform and hope that Comrade Corbyn helps them by getting personally involved in the Labour campaign. Whistle

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ukip can't win this then they cant win anything

lib dems will kill labour, governing party never win by elections, so ukip better pull their fucking socks up
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:51 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
lib dems will kill labour

They couldn't even beat a random indie candidate in the General.

I think it's unlikely that the kippers will stitch up Labour - they've lost a lost of support since Brexit "happened".

Nuttall talks a lot of sense, but not in a hugely engaging way, and they'd need to find a credible candidate. I'd say that they couldn't successfully parachute in City-Boy Nigel, but Labour seem to have won the seat with a Tarquin, so never say never.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

A PAYG model is fine, thanks. If you can't pay, then die in the gutter.

For a man who generally comes across as having half a brain cell more than the average, I'll always find it absurd that you can think this makes any sense.

Unless you really think you can absolutely shield yourself from the increased crime, disease and the likes that would result. Any time you venture out of your cosy little privately-funded bubble of existence you'd be surrounded by it all. I can just see the PAYG tax version of Rogerborg, having just had his car stolen, standing at a bus stop, in the rain because nobody wanted to pay for a shelter, detesting the crime-ridden shit-pit he's stuck in where nobody has fixed the roads, every green space is full of squatters and dumped rubbish, it's dangerous to go out at night and cholera has resurfaced because not everyone can afford good healthcare and street cleaners and rubbish collection are a novelty for hippy vegan types who actually care where their litter ends up.

"If only there were some way we could get everyone in the country to understand that if we all contributed just a little bit we could make everything better in a million different ways. Then I'd never have to see this shit ever again!"

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:51 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Unless you really think you can absolutely shield yourself from the increased crime, disease and the likes that would result. Any time you venture out of your cosy little privately-funded bubble of existence you'd be surrounded by it all.

A bit like many areas in post-Apartheid South Africa?

There's the whole concept that you're advised not to be seen with anything valuable outside your compound which has armed security.
And the vehicle jackings.

But some already worry about vehicle jacking on a daily basis in the UK and there's certainly some areas you don't go with anything worth stealing on show.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:52 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under a PAYG system, I'd live in a fairly clean neighbourhood entirely free of squatters, since our estate security would smash nine bells out of them. Our factors would keep the grounds nice and neat too.

If my car were stolen, well, I have insurance, and it's not like the current pre-paid police have any incentive to or interest in investigating car crimes, so how would that be worse?

You may be projecting a bit from the life that you'd lead under PAYG. That wouldn't apply to everyone. Your future self, should you survive, would probably do fairly well out of it.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He at least had the bawws to answer the question Percy. Stick to attacking his arguments if you can, could be a fun discussion.

G wrote:
A bit like many areas in post-Apartheid South Africa?

Think a reasonable representation at the moment, although their current position is probably out of necessity rather then choice.

Ancap?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:08 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it okay for someone to save money at the taxpayers expense by getting to get a bike through the cycle to work scheme from a friend or relative who can get it from their job?

Is it okay to get a bike through the cycle to work scheme and sell it to make profit?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Is it okay for someone to save money at the taxpayers expense by getting to get a bike through the cycle to work scheme from a friend or relative who can get it from their job?

No, the terms of the scheme are that it's for you and you use it going to work (clues in the name Wink).

Ste wrote:
Is it okay to get a bike through the cycle to work scheme and sell it to make profit?

Until you've paid it off it's not your bike to sell.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
He at least had the bawws to answer the question Percy. Stick to attacking his arguments if you can, could be a fun discussion.

It was an attack of arguments! Very Happy Pointing out how a PAYG tax world would be.

Rogerborg wrote:
Under a PAYG system, I'd live in a fairly clean neighbourhood entirely free of squatters

My point was that you can't ever really run away from these things unless you truly live in a safe little box of some sort. To stick two fingers up to wider society is to self-imprison yourself into what would be an increasingly small and not-as-safe-as-you-think existence.

And if it is to work, the only way it can make sense is if you see life from a 'me and myself' mindset without any thought for the future, including for that of your own kids or your own circumstances which can all change a lot more suddenly than you think.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

But some already worry about vehicle jacking on a daily basis in the UK and there's certainly some areas you don't go with anything worth stealing on show.

Yup, London seems to be festering with the types who'll nab a motorbike in broad daylight.

Funny how this rise in daylight robbery seems to be going hand in hand with the rise in individualistic, anti-state, anti-tax, money-centric ideals of today Wink
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:22 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
G wrote:

Yup, London seems to be festering with the types who'll nab a motorbike in broad daylight.

Funny how this rise in daylight robbery seems to be going hand in hand with the rise in individualistic, anti-state, anti-tax, money-centric ideals of today Wink

Now that is quite a bold in fact somewhat extraordinary statement. Do you have any evidence to support your assertion?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:07 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Now that is quite a bold in fact somewhat extraordinary statement. Do you have any evidence to support your assertion?

Yes, the 1980s didn't exist, because Percy didn't experience them.

In my PAYG scenario, London would already have burned itself to the ground, and drug dealers would only be capping each other because there would be no state trying to be the biggest gang in town.

I'm not predicting that a PAYG society would be a utopia, just that there would be a correct and just gulf between the lives of the useful makers and the lives of the worthless takers.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

That's lovely Tarquin, the moment you decide to pay tax yourself, feel
Free to lecture those of us who do already.

Do you realise with comments like this you only illustrate how much of a moron you are.

I say again, if you're to live by your words you really ought to stop coming out with all your idiot comments on pretty much everything that's happening in society today. Need I remind you of your endless diatribe on the case of the junior doctor's strike? Rolling Eyes Doctor mpd72, I presume? Funny how much you drone on about immigrant problems across Europe too, Herr mpd Laughing

Last edited by Lord Percy on 12:18 - 14 Jan 2017; edited 2 times in total

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I'm not predicting that a PAYG society would be a utopia, just that there would be a correct and just gulf between the lives of the useful makers and the lives of the worthless takers.

No society is a utopia, that we agree on. But what about if/when unfortunate circumstances throw you or your own to the wrong side of that gulf? Fuck em, right?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:

None at all Laughing

Just anecdotally, it seems to have gone that way in my lifetime.

I'm not linking it to any form of governance or whatever else, it's just an observation of the way things seem to be tipping, no doubt due to a fairly complex set of reasons.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:21 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right! Decrease that surplus population.

This is going to become a reality for pensioners in the next few decades whether we like it or not. More geezers, dwindling cheap energy, at some point we're going to have to talk cutting off those who haven't made provision for their retirement. Once that genie is out of the bottle, I'm hopeful that the principle can be extended more generally.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:25 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could also link it to leftiesm/SJWism - it's not the poor dear's fault; it's society. We can't chase them because they might get hurt then that would be the fault of anyone but them... and so on Smile.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Right! Decrease that surplus population.

This is going to become a reality for pensioners in the next few decades whether we like it or not. More geezers, dwindling cheap energy, at some point we're going to have to talk cutting off those who haven't made provision for their retirement. Once that genie is out of the bottle, I'm hopeful that the principle can be extended more generally.

I'm already assuming zero state pension when the time comes Laughing

Not sure about dwindling cheap energy though. More like putting people over a barrel. Nuclear ought to be our saviour. It really surprises me to see predictions of nuclear costing more than standard power. A fission reaction releases 40 million times more energy than that of a hydrocarbon. I highly doubt nuclear power processes are 40 million times more expensive, so the umms and ahhs over pricing are simple profiteering.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
We could also link it to leftiesm/SJWism - it's not the poor dear's fault; it's society. We can't chase them because they might get hurt then that would be the fault of anyone but them... and so on Smile.

The SJW brigade are a stain on modern society. But are they causing the problems or merely a symptom? Or maybe they're an inevitability?

I saw a video a while ago outlining how feminism highlights the downfall of society, illustrated by the fact that no major civilisation has ever been matriarchal, and tended to collapse after an age of decadence where things like abnormal sexuality and childish short termist desires gained prominence.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Yes, a fully functioning adult moron who contributes to society, rather than hiding away from work and tax contribution, in some kind of Peter Pan eternal adult student skive.

You want to lecture everyone about how society should be funded, whilst contributing sod all yourself. It's irritating.

I genuinely wonder what you'll use against me in 6 months when the Peter Panning is over. You do realise a large amount of people on this forum did the same thing at some point in their lives too, for exactly the same amount of time and at a possibly higher cost to society of they were doing it before the £9000/year fees..?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Yes, a fully functioning adult moron who contributes to society, rather than hiding away from work and tax contribution, in some kind of Peter Pan eternal adult student skive.

You want to lecture everyone about how society should be funded, whilst contributing sod all yourself. It's irritating.

I genuinely wonder what you'll use against me in 6 months when the Peter Panning is over. You do realise a large amount of people on this forum did the same thing at some point in their lives too, for exactly the same amount of time and at a possibly higher cost to society of they were doing it before the £9000/year fees..?

Dude, set him to ignore. Reading his shite, never mind replying to it, is like telling a retard with crayons it can draw. He's nothing more than a dribbler with a huge chip on his shoulder. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 41 of 50