Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Comrade Corbyn congratulations thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane Abbot. One of the most bigoted, racist and vile people in the whole house of commons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Q1 - Are you Syrian?
Q2 - Are you a member of ISIS or other militant Islamist terrorist group?
Q3 - Are you fleeing persecution or are you here for the benefits?

The home office is actually quite good at catching fakers as only about 30% asylum claims are successful. According to somebody I know they ask lots of soft questions. Things like what newspapers did you buy? What is usually on page 4 of this paper? Who is the current TV news anchor on TV?

Look at these pictures... which one of these are your currency? Stuff that only people who've lived there would know. You see glimpses of this on TV airport shows. Where people say why are you coming to London? I'm here to see the Eiffel tower!

The problem is the massive backlogs and the enormous numbers of appeals they can mount and use delay and string out the process.

As I mentioned somewhere before. A Kenyan woman, back in 94 she came and was flat our rejected twice. Kenya isn't at war or anything. So in 1999 she pretended to be Somalian TWICE and was caught out in the home office interviews. She then made numerous appeals and finally in 2011 after pumping out two babies to a tramp. She was allowed to stay for the good of her children of course. So the whole process took 17 years to resolve. When really she should have been sent away in 1994 at the first failure.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear !.

Papa Lazarou
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

The problem is the massive backlogs and the enormous numbers of appeals they can mount and use delay and string out the process.

I worked in commissioning mental health services for a while, including into immigration detention centres.

Most people who werew illegals went home with no fuss. Around 25% didn't. These were the ones who made constant appeals, delayed the process, etc.

These were also the ones with the highest rate of severe mental health problems and rates of having been tortured. Many were forcibly returned. Some of these were killed upon their return.

I can never forget the time I and other staff returned a Broadmoor patient back to his (African) country of origin, after being fully treated and his risk reduced to nil. The local police came on the plane and told us they were to stay on board. Given how heavily armed they were, we wren't going to argue.

They took him around the back of the nearest hangar and shot him.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Slightly disappointing, isn't Diane Abbot due a resignation?

I hope so.

Papa Lazarou wrote:

I worked in commissioning mental health services for a while, including into immigration detention centres.

Most people who werew illegals went home with no fuss. Around 25% didn't. These were the ones who made constant appeals, delayed the process, etc.

These were also the ones with the highest rate of severe mental health problems and rates of having been tortured. Many were forcibly returned. Some of these were killed upon their return.

I can never forget the time I and other staff returned a Broadmoor patient back to his (African) country of origin, after being fully treated and his risk reduced to nil. The local police came on the plane and told us they were to stay on board. Given how heavily armed they were, we wren't going to argue.

He was obviously dangerous enough that they didn't want him wandering around.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
..........Privatising water and rail, ending "austerity" (aka ending ...............

Well unless he's invented a time machine I believe the tories beat him to it three decades ago!

Anyway, gotta love all the right whingers, gettin' their knickers in a twist about a left wing, conviction politician. Most of em' are going to have to ask their personal PR guru how to spell the word!
In fact the vast majority of suited and booted, on message, PR savvy, lick spittles, masquerading as MPs have never seen nor heard a left wing politician, the country hasn't had more than two since the early seventies.

At the time when the tories were attempting to hijack the vote, I heard the phrase "be careful what you wish for", no one listened, apparently! Laughing

Papa Lazarou
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Slightly disappointing, isn't Diane Abbot due a resignation?

I hope so.

Papa Lazarou wrote:

He was obviously dangerous enough that they didn't want him wandering around.

Idjut.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great that Corbyn won the leadership.

People say he couldn't run a country but jesus christ have you seen the rubber-faced morons we've got running the show now? Cameron, Osborne et al are career politicians, they do not give a single flying shit about the needs of society. In fact I don't think they're even aware of what society needs. What's more, they've pretty much just been churned through the school system - Eton, Oxbridge, PPE, Westminster etc. We're essentially being governed by schoolboys, since that's the only experience they've really got. Whereas Corbyn has been in the game for decades, he's been all over the world in support of other causes, he goes to events, protests, etc, all in support of seriously improving things for the people. His heart is 100% in the right place, which is more than can be said of any other politician at the moment. I'm more than willing to give him a chance and would happily see him have a go as PM.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm quite delighted he won although, I don't agree with his policy on migrants, as I think we should be helping our own people first, before helping others and after years of Tory and new labours undermining of the working class and the basic infrastructure of the UK, they'll be a lot of work to do should he win the election.

But, the one thing that made me happiest, was that for the first time in my adult life, we actually have a choice. Something that's been missing from British politics for far too long.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
have you seen the rubber-faced morons we've got running the show now?.... Cameron, Osborne et al are career politicians...We're essentially being governed by schoolboys, since that's the only experience they've really got. Whereas Corbyn has been in the game for decades

Really?
What real job has career politician/trade union official Corbyn ever held?

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:01 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a right wing aligned person:

Labour in power: Get fucked on economic policies and get creeping state powers that destroy civil liberties

Conservative in power: Get a little less fucked on economic policies and get creeping state powers that destroy civil liberties

I've no great love for tories, but they will tend to fuck me less than labour will. All about harm minimisation innit.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:20 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Whereas Corbyn has been in the game for decades, he's been all over the world in support of other causes, he goes to events, protests, etc, all in support of seriously improving things for the people.

Yes, his expenses must be truly inspirational.

Achieved two E-grade A levels. Absent the ability to get a job, went 'volunteering'. Leveraged that 'life experience' to steal a university place from someone who'd actually worked at school. To nobody's surprise couldn't hack it, dropped out. Walked into a 'job' as a professional union rep for frock tarts despite having absolutely no relevant qualifications or experience in that industry. And thence into his natural arena, politics, where he's burrowed in like a tick ever since, protesting, whinging and voting solidly against the party that he ostensibly loves.

Champion of the workers, never done a day's work in his life. Clapping

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The deficit should be paid off - but not through spending cuts and not to an "arbitrary" deadline. Instead Corbyn would fund its reduction via higher taxes for the rich and a crackdown on tax avoidance and evasion while tackling "corporate welfare" and tax breaks for companies.

2. Britain's railways should be renationalised.

3. Far more allotments would be good for the UK. He has a plot near his constituency in north London and told the Commons in 2008 that councils and builders "should be doing their best to ensure that every new development includes some allotment space".

4. Talking to militant groups is necessary to win peace in the Middle East. Corbyn faced heavy criticism for using the word "friends" to describe Hamas and Hezbollah. He has responded by saying he had used the term in a "collective way" adding that while he does not agree with either organisation, a peace process means "you have to talk to people with whom you may profoundly disagree".

5. "Quantitative easing for people" could be used to invest in housing, energy, transport and digital projects. Unlike the £375bn issued electronically by the Bank of England between 2009 and 2012 to buy bonds, gilts and other debts, this would be "QE for people instead of banks", Corbyn says.

6. Replacing Trident would be a costly mistake. Corbyn, a long-term CND member, says plans to replace the nuclear missile system should be ditched. He believes the project's £100bn price tag could be better spent "on our national well-being".

7. A National Education Service modelled on the NHS should be established. Under Corbyn, state-funded academies and free schools would be forced to return to local authority control while university tuition fees would be scrapped and replaced with grants. Corbyn would look at ending the charitable status of public schools, although he accepts this would be complicated and might not happen immediately. He reportedly split up with one of his former wives following a disagreement over whether to send their son to a grammar school or a comprehensive. Asked recently if the break-up was over an "an issue of principle", Corbyn told the Guardian newspaper: "I feel very strongly about comprehensive education, yes."

8. Labour should not support air strikes against Islamic State in Syria. Corbyn, who is national chair of the Stop the War Coalition, believes innocent Syrians would suffer and the supply of arms and funds to the Islamic State group should be cut off instead. He opposed military action against the Assad regime in 2013 and was a prominent critic of the invasion of Iraq. His website says he wants to see "illegal wars" replaced with a "foreign policy that prioritises justice and assistance". Asked during a Sky News hustings whether there were any circumstances in which he would deploy UK military forces, Corbyn said: "I'm sure there are some but I can't think of them at the moment."

9. Rent controls should be re-introduced, linking private rents to local earnings, and more council houses should be built. He also believes that council tenants' right to buy their homes should be extended to private sector renters.

14. An arms embargo should be imposed on Israel. Corbyn, who is a patron of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, said in August that Palestinian refugees should be given a "right of return". He supported a boycott of goods produced in Israeli settlements and of Israeli universities that engage in arms research.

18. Energy companies should be under public ownership. He says he would be "much happier" with a "regulated, publicly run service delivering energy supplies". He is "totally opposed" to fracking.

20. A national maximum wage should be introduced to cap the salaries of high earners. He would also introduce a windfall tax on former state assets such as the Royal Bank of Scotland, which he says were privatised too cheaply.

22. Private Finance Initiative deals with the NHS should be ended by using government funds to buy them out. Writing in the Guardian, Corbyn said they were a "mess" that were costing the health service billions.

24. The arms trade should be restricted. Corbyn would like to see the "brilliance and skill of those in the arms industry be converted for peaceful purposes".

Anyone who thinks the way the world and this country are being run right now is sustainable, or even moral, has combined ignorance with burying their head in the sand to a remarkable degree.

The tories are a figurehead/puppet of the 1%, a tiny group of psychopathic maniacs who believe subjugating the other 99% of the human race is a viable way to run a civilisation and all its societies.

Enough.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
poly seas

Conservative: Let's tax you to spend on Trident
Labour: Let's tax you to spend on 'national well being'

Where is the option for ''let's scrap trident and with the money we save lower taxes''? One of the things I dislike most about the UK is that whichever party you vote for it all comes back to 'need mo money fo dem programs'; sure they might argue over the finer points of what to spend it on, but the basic idea of 'leaving people the fuck alone to get on with their lives in peace' is completely outside the realm of UK politics.

Statists!!! Statists everywhere!!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
poly seas

Conservative: Let's tax you to spend on Trident
Labour: Let's tax you to spend on 'national well being'

Where is the option for ''let's scrap trident and with the money we save lower taxes''? One of the things I dislike most about the UK is that whichever party you vote for it all comes back to 'need mo money fo dem programs'; sure they might argue over the finer points of what to spend it on, but the basic idea of 'leaving people the fuck alone to get on with their lives in peace' is completely outside the realm of UK politics.

Statists!!! Statists everywhere!!

Trident costs about £2Bn a year, welfare costs £232Bn a year.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Would you suggest we euthanize OAP's, as they account for over £90bn of that figure?

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Would you suggest we euthanize OAP's, as they account for over £90bn of that figure?

Yes.

To be fair though you don't need to actively euthanise them, just withholding (free) medication and letting nature take its course would suffice.

Something like 70% of NHS spending is used on people over the age of 65, ie people who have already lived their lives. That's just direct NHS, I dread to think of total care homes, pensions etc etc liability.

I'm not saying do them in, for the time being Wink, and of course if they have the dollar let them pay privately, but 'life at all costs' for people who have already lived their lives is rediculous.

My sister works in an old folks home and the stories are horrible. Like one chap who has a degenerated swallow reflex that means he can't drink water and has to have thickeners added to fluid. This poor fuck is crying out for water but instead is treated like a child and given artificially thickened tea etc. If I ever get to the point of not being able to drink a glass of water I'll be well past the point of shooting.

Or a nice old lady who openly says she is 'waiting to die' in her late 80's, husband long dead, kids all live overseas etc. Yet were she to suffer medical problems health providers would be obliged to resucitate her and provide medical treatment for any problems.

I'm not advocating anything I wouldn't be happy to be subjected to myself. On the contrary I've given orders, dad and sister too, that should I get spazzed up I want my family to do the decent thing and put me out of my misery.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

No, the OAP's have mainly paid into the system during their working age.
It's those who of working age and able to work, but find life on benefits too comfortable, that make up the part of that figure which needs addressing. It's supposed to be a stop gap, not a lifestyle choice.

Effectively paid in pennies yet receive tens of pounds.

Pensions are a scam. It's not an investment, they merely use the tax income of today to pay today's liabilities. Then you hope there will be enough taxes coming in tomorrow to pay tomorrows liabilities.

Propping up the failing pension/social security system is also a big driver of the immigration you aren't so keen on. The immigrants are pretty much a demographic blood transfusion, injecting some economically active aged folks into the lower part of the population composition graph. Of course just like a blood transfusion, they don't cure the problem, they just buy some time.

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:41 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

How......how do you make the jump from that to the other?

I would like to live in a nuclear free world as much as the next guy, but that's frankly not going to be the case any time soon. Thus unilateral disarmament is not right for now and would lead to increased risk.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 16:26 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trident is one of those things where I think you either need to spend a lot more than expected, or scrap it alltogether.

The big money focus is on replacing the hardware. In my view, this would also need a chunk of money added to seriously improve the living conditions on board.

Submariners are on the whole a rather odd bunch. They spend a long time cooper up in a submarine full of nuclear warheads, hiding. We are relying on the threat of these people carrying out a successful nuclear strike to make everyone else think twice about hitting us. We are also relying on these people maintaining a level head and not launching missiles where they aren't meant to.

I don't think we're in that situation now. There is often talk about how we don't pick our leaders well enough, or pay them enough - and they only spend 5 years making little changes. We certainly don't pay the people on our nuclear submarines enough, they have the power to destroy the world.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/general/macaroon.jpg

"he would break a consensus between the main parties on issues like nationalisation, nuclear weapons, taxation and union laws"

OMG... someone with different views in opposition.. The sky is falling...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 217 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 2 of 50