K100 Project Live

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:
The missing part will be the adjuster barrel. It looks like a bolt with a hole through it and it goes outside the housing which is why I couldn't see it was missing... The rubber boot just goes over that to protect it.

I didn't say a single seat wouldn't function, but tbh both the ones pictured look crap. Like I said when you on about it before, your plan for how to do it wouldn't work. As for a sprung saddle - I guarantee it'll be gash - they're passable when the tank and frame follow the same hourglass shaped lines, but it's a k, it's brick shaped - it'll look like a k with a pushbike saddle strapped on.

Why not try a horsey saddle? at least it'll fit the shape closer.

Sorry I should of included an image of the outside as well. I've tried rigging an adjuster bolt up with a bit of rubber pipe. However it still seems like the cable is way too long. I'm giving motor-works a call tomorrow to see if they do have any of the old cables in. I'd like to save expense but I don't want to be held up because of a cable.

Yes the single seats on them do look crap the way they have done it with the rack. I don't really care regarding the saddle seat I just want to see what it would be like for a test. I've got to find a cheap one first to see what it looks like.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since this last got updated I've done quite a bit of work although it doesn't look like it. I've only managed to do work really at the weekend and spent a lot of time away from the bike.

To start being on my own I really didn't fancy taking that many pictures to constantly stop work. So this is what has been done since I last updated for anyone that cares.

Tail light has been replaced with the loom now I have a working tail light and brake light, headlight has been fully wired up. Plus the purchase of new indicators. Since the start of part 2 I've also cleaned up the brake pads nothing wrong with the one's in there really so should be ready to go. I've also managed to sort out the throttle issue from the previous page. The solution was rather simple a replacement cable and mechanism for the fuel rail. To be honest there have been a lot of things you just can't see.

This is from a few days ago still working around and some more work to do with the front end so nothing is tightened up but the indicators are now fitted. Awaiting on the correct wattage bulbs to actually have them working correctly. The Chinese bulbs provided are 5W standard are 21W so you can imagine they are on hyper mode at the moment.

Right then onto what has been done;

From this image a new horn bracket has been made up using the old fairing bolt holes. I've got to make another up for the other side and then both horns will be sorted with. I've tested the wiring after working out what wire went with what and both work. Pretty loud as well I must add.

https://i.imgur.com/9JtDEeCl.jpg

Tail light is now replaced and working; the above tail unit has still got to be modified but that is for after the mot though. These indicators need tightening up and number plate has been replaced and drilled. Not fitted at the moment as the bike isn't taxed (no mot anyway yet either).

https://i.imgur.com/7zoyya5l.jpg

As you can see from the above image I've done some spraying I was going to take these and put them matte black but I kinda like this effect on the panels. Still need to spray the tank, but I've got to look into that as I want it petrol resistant.

https://i.imgur.com/RN9T0Tsl.jpg

Got some spare cardboard from work easily done its freely acquired and have made a seat base template up as you can see from the images below. The piece of metal was also a freebie from work, I've got to get this cut to size will transfer the template over and adjust for any bend in the cardboard so it aligns correctly.

https://i.imgur.com/KttkTs7l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eCSihf0l.jpg

Right then what is left to do you might not ask Question

Well for the Mot, at the moment the list is;

1) I've got a bent frame bolt (don't ask just don't). That is on order I could go get one from a shop but save a couple of quid might as well order one.

2)The fork seals will need to be done I'm going to do this myself pretty easy to do from what I've been told I'll see.

3)Need to also swap wheel bearings over and the tyres on the front, one of the wheels has been bent personally I don't want to risk riding on it.

Also due to it being 1984 I've been made aware that I don't need mirrors for which is pretty cool. To be honest I'm not really going to update this project that much. When I get it mot'd should be next month due to the insurance cost, I'll let the bike speak for itself.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:25 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
Also due to it being 1984 I've been made aware that I don't need mirrors for which is pretty cool. To be honest I'm not really going to update this project that much.

Mirrors are not compulsory anyway.

Age does have a few other advantages. Headlight bulb power and exhaust markings for example.

All the best

Katy

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 05 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
TheSmiler wrote:
Also due to it being 1984 I've been made aware that I don't need mirrors for which is pretty cool. To be honest I'm not really going to update this project that much.

Mirrors are not compulsory anyway.

Age does have a few other advantages. Headlight bulb power and exhaust markings for example.

All the best

Katy

Sorry for the late reply had some major issues to sort out recently, I might leave the mirrors off altogether then.

Back on topic, I've done a slightly bit of work mainly rewiring with the help of Fisty on some pieces. Now has fully functional indicators, headlight, clutch, brakes. I did end up stripping the fork bolts so going have to get them sorted out.

https://i.imgur.com/6wmnz1Y.jpg?1
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 165 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4