Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:36 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
defiantly

Well, no sense in doing it lackadaisically.

NJD wrote:
I could do better for my money

For that money, I expect you could.

Its MOT history seems legit: looks like a privately owned bike that they've bought in the past few years, no write-off recorded. The question I'd want answered (truthfully) is why they're selling it if it's still in such good condition. It's not just gone through it's MOT, it's the wrong time of year to be selling, so why now?

What we can see looks OK, but check inside the tank for rust.

And "priced to sell", do me a favour. That's dealer money for a sold-as-seen bike. eBay selling prices are £500 - £800 for running examples with fewer miles and years on them.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Its MOT history seems legit: looks like a privately owned bike that they've bought in the past few years, no write-off recorded. The question I'd want answered (truthfully) is why they're selling it if it's still in such good condition. It's not just gone through it's MOT, it's the wrong time of year to be selling, so why now?

I'd say I'd trust them more than an unknown private seller but do have to keep in mind that they are selling something. I read "space needed" in the advert and had the assumption that they must have purchased something new-er and want rid of this. Could be considered strange given that they've got two A bikes but only one A2 so even if they did purchase a new A2 bike why would you not keep both, not as if they've already got two and this is the third needing to go... unless things have changed in the year or so I've been away.

The workshop they use for their M.O.T's is located directly opposite the unit they're located in. Literally on their doorstep. They're basically, both them and the M.O.T garage, located in converted storage units to their respective needs.

Rogerborg wrote:
And "priced to sell", do me a favour. That's dealer money for a sold-as-seen bike. eBay selling prices are £500 - £800 for running examples with fewer miles and years on them.

I is overpriced. Realised as soon as I visited bike value site yesterday. Can only attempt to talk down as close to a grand as possible. Realistically sub a grand is where the bikes value is but as a similar case to the Bandit there's not many people that are advertising their bikes locally for what they're really worth because pride and joy.

Insurance is cheap being on 03 model, well possible admin fee's aside and dummy renewal quote that is, I'd usually have to look at older.

What's 27k miles on a GS, average? Engine good for what 60,000-100,00?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

What's 27k miles on a GS, average? Engine good for what 60,000-100,00?

Engine maybe, bike will disintegrate long before that.

Just get your money out in a big pile of £20's and scan gumtree. Go see anything likely and if decent lowball offer it with a fist full of cash.

The above method works I just got a 12000 mile GSXR1000 for £1800 by turning up quickly and waving a wad of cash at the seller.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Engine maybe, bike will disintegrate long before that.

I don't do very many miles anyway so wouldn't even get near that figure anytime soon.

wr6133 wrote:
Just get your money out in a big pile of £20's and scan gumtree. Go see anything likely and if decent lowball offer it with a fist full of cash.

So text the guy tell him I'll offer him a grand all being well with the bike to view as soon as possible and take of his hands?

Yes = go view, if like go buy. No = walk away or don't even leave the house?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:55 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shit at buying bikes but I found a cb500 for nearly half that. Had to get on a train and ride it back though. 16k later it's fine and I had a valve check about a month ago - no adjustment req'd. The fucking thing will obviously slog on forever providing it's kept out of the worst of winter, or if not, TLC'd through it. Like teh borg said - priced to sell. Get tae fuck. Dealer rates from a private punter. I did it once, and I never will again. Cost me £800 when I flogged the W650 the other week after paying three and a half off a dealer. tl;dr that's too dear. The market is slow as fuck at the moment afaict. There should be better bikes out there.

footnote - I see er5s from time to time, I see cb500s. But I hardly ever come across a GS. I do know of one - red and black gets up Seaways. Tatty but does keep going. Old guy though. Apart from that - nowt.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again acknowledged price is OTT upon first scrawl of the advert last night. Text the number and asked if willing to accept a grand or close to with the interest of viewing this afternoon or as soon as possible (because training school and view by appointment only, busy, blah blah). In my opinion sellers should always have some leeway in price hence why advertised as more so that you get the figure you want rather than lower than the figure you want by advertising the real price you want, texting and offering can't hurt anyone and best that happens is I get to go view knowing I'm looking at a more reasonably priced bike. I'd be surprised if current owner would rather cut own throat (as Borg ad say) than accept my offer or near to like the shop did with the Bandit. Lets be honest not only is it a second hand bike of a suspect model with issues and not really well reviewed it's also a training school bike on top of that.

Shall see what if any response I get back.

Only interested because local, have ridden, know the owner (to some degree), walking distance etc, couldn't be any more at home if I'd tried. Won't set my heart on it but if something appealing comes up on the door step why not try.

Thumbs Up

edit: response back, said if they've no other interest then they'll call. I assume that's by some point this afternoon since that's when I said I'd be willing to turn up and inspect / all is well then buy. Sounds like the "here's the money, I can turn up noaw do you want it or not?" might have worked, probably just seeing if can get more money than a grand, I've nothing to loose by waiting.

Last edited by NJD on 11:43 - 15 Sep 2016; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:42 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you're being mind-raped by an anchor price. The seller asks a ludicrous sum, you haggle him down to one that's merely outrageous, and ride away happy and prolapsed, while he laughs all the way to the bank.

OK, you can only buy bikes that are actually for sale, but is that really the best bike available nearby today?

What wr6133 said, cash in hand, and go and wave it at some sellers. You don't have to do the "ooh, the frange grobbler's all out of skew," act, just offer what you want to pay. The worst they can say is no.

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:06 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can easily get a Fazer 600 for £1k which seems like an infinitely better bike.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
OK, you can only buy bikes that are actually for sale, but is that really the best bike available nearby today?

You where me once. It's all gone a bit full circle.

In short, no. And we all know that.

I'm showing interest because is the easy option. A2 native, local, have ridden before, somewhat know the seller, well within budget, cheap insurance, cheap parts and only really want for a year or two at most. Ticks all the boxes. There's better out there but I'm after anything that will do for now. I consider this a more thought out investment than the grand I put into my tiddler as a "buy because no test ride or lump it mate," so I've done worse before.

Still, as above, at least we've got a seller here that all consider my low-ball offer compared to their asking price. Shaving £395 of the asking price is more than I'd expected and at least it shows signs of someone actually wanting to sell what they've got than hold out for a mug in the case of the Bandit and SV.

Again I'm only biting at the bate (advert) because local and easy so why not have a pop. If turns out to be a no then I wont shed a tear and I'll continue my hunt elsewhere. I've plenty of maybe's elsewhere but this just happens to be the closer and cheaper option for now so why not while its there.

Can't hurt to have a look at the very least, see what he says if phones.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your own posts really say what direction you should go.

You already acknowledge that it's overpriced (signficantly IMO) and that there probably is or will be better options locally. It does look ok in the photos but I'm looking at the images on a small screen and they don't show a lot of detail.

The school likely knows that most of the people likely to buy their bike will be new, very keen and desperate to buy so they've probably priced it to take advantage of that. A quick scan on Gumtree shows there's plenty of others that are newer and with less milage for less money - significantly in some cases. Some of those might be worth the train fare.

Any training school bike will have issues at that kind of milage. Likely chain and sprockets at least unless they were recently replaced. Abused clutches and all that. I once bought a 30k ex-school bike but I bought it cheap knowing it would need work - and it did. It's a well sorted bike now but only after I stripped it completely and replaced lots of things at a cost of circa £700. Again I expected that, mostly anyway!

I'm not saying don't buy it if it's in good shape but no way would I be paying a grand. £700 - £800 tops. It's generally best to leave the haggling until your standing looking at the bike in my experience - especially if you have a big wad of cash to wave about as suggested. Just don't let your passion overcome good sense, we've all been there at some point.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggark wrote:
Any training school bike will have issues at that kind of milage. Likely chain and sprockets at least unless they were recently replaced. Abused clutches and all that. I once bought a 30k ex-school bike but I bought it cheap knowing it would need work - and it did. It's a well sorted bike now but only after I stripped it completely and replaced lots of things at a cost of circa £700. Again I expected that, mostly anyway!

I'm not saying don't buy it if it's in good shape but no way would I be paying a grand. £700 - £800 tops. It's generally best to leave the haggling until your standing looking at the bike in my experience - especially if you have a big wad of cash to wave about as suggested. Just don't let your passion overcome good sense, we've all been there at some point.

Well I'll see what its like in person and go from there. Still waiting on a phonecall <yawn>.

I'm not expecting it to be perfect, even more so with a training school bike, but I'm not expecting it to be a lemon. The only reason I'm interested in this example of the GS is because all of the above points in regards to haven ridden that particular example before so I somewhat know what's expected and I'll, maybe, be investing in.

In regards to parts that need replacing I've got a list I've just written out of things to check stored on the phone as well as questions to ask. I've got chain and sprocket set down at £69 (busters ebay) so if that needs doing then I'll just ask to either have it sorted and come back or reduce price and I'll take it as is. The more work that needs doing the more tempted I'll be to walk away. I don't want to push my luck but I'm not looking for a project here I'm looking for a get up and go right now (if the insurance company would bloody answer the phone and tell me how much it is to swap bikes.. <angry face>). As borg says "why?" is a good question and unless new bike replacing old one would need to be a good answer.

Exhausts on the picture look to be the OEM ones and have rusted downpipes, to what degree would need inspection. Providing they don't blow and is only visual I can deal with that. Apart from that I don't see anything nor remember anything suspect from my time on it. Has adjustable levers is about the only other thing I remember, clutch only I think.

Important things I've got are; does it have two keys? when's the next service? when where valves last checked? what service history? and then we move on to questions about things people commented on the first time round; any issues with the regulator? any issues with the starter clutch? any issues with the internals of the engine during winter?..

.. and then the checks; most important that the oil light goes out (as according the owners manual) when the engine is turned on. No flux on swingarm where the crud collects on the inside. Forks don't leak and rebound find, rear suspension isn't rusty. Tank isn't rust on inside and then all the other small things.

I'm trying to do my homework before I view. I think how it's been maintained, how it sounds at idol and how it runs is more important that cosmetics in the case of this particular bike. I'd expect little dings given it had to have been dropped at least once or twice (probably many more) in its time on the test pad. I may have donated to that tally, oops.

Simple bike on the whole from what I can gather. Carb'd like my current ride with the addition of a rear brake over a drum. Not as simple in design but from my time on the bike was powerful enough and felt confidence inspiring, enabled me to have good slow control and taught me proper use of the brakes to then transfer onto current bike. Again, choke, which the owners manual seems to suggest 30 second idol is enough outside of winter whereas everyone says starting is a huge issue.. so shall see what that's like. Not really a whole lot different from what I'm used to and in truth is similar in specs to my lexmoto in terms of size etc. Weight is also reasonable compared to others I've sat on / looked at specs wise.

Essay over.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:44 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Roger then came to his senses and wrote:
the seller's taking the piss at that price - I'm sure it feels like it's worth that much to him, but it's not to me. [...] there's no sense settling for a shagged out bike that's had more crotches rubbed on it than Paris Hilton.

2010 cultural reference ahoy.

I get you, I prefer local to travelling. The only purchase I regret was the Lifan 250 though, bought because it was local and license appropriate, rather than being a decent bike.

Hang tough, you'll be getting mugged on that bike even if you get it "down" to a grand. £800 would still be doing him a favour.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I get you, I prefer local to travelling. The only purchase I regret was the Lifan 250 though, bought because it was local and license appropriate, rather than being a decent bike.

Hang tough, you'll be getting mugged on that bike even if you get it "down" to a grand. £800 would still be doing him a favour.

Sounds like the lexmoto and have been stuck with ever since. Could be the same here given GS is easy, local and license appropriate rather than being special in any given area or something I lust after but at least at this point I have far more knowledge and what to look out for, questions to ask etc than I did with the lexmoto so hopefully will retain sense and make a smart decision either way.

What I've offered via text isn't shook on but I wont be paying a penny more, that's my base offer and money of for faults etc, more work more walk away. As above and as you say probably should have negotiated when at site rather than pre-set price but I was offering a cash in hand right here right now take it or leave it price to get me what I want and the seller some cash. Seems the delay or lack of response means he's waiting for someone with a little less sense than I to come along and view. I could have viewed, purchased and pushed it home and be drinking a cup of tea admiring my view long by now, tut tut.

Another reason I offered a grand aside the above was to get his interest. Didn't want to run the line and put in an insulting offer and get a "no thanks, bye" offer meaning no sale to me but didn't want to pay over the odds. How much a smile I have on my face upon viewing, sitting and looking over the bike depends on if overpaying by two hundred pound is really worthwhile. Either way the bikes not worth a grand, I've got that knowledge but is as easy as I'm going to get and money I'd spend on something else anyway so I can take it so long as I've been informed rather than come a year or two and be like "Omg why so low compared to what I paid." Of the ads I've looked at, local or not, this is the cheapest all in so it has some pro's.

There's only so many hours of sunlight so he best make his mind up soon. Call me inpatient but I didn't expect when texting at 10:40 this morning to still be sitting and waiting. You've not go something that exciting worth waiting for, catch me when I'm willing to impulse buy or miss out on a sale. Good job he's so close. I do fear it may be getting a bucket of water and some "hide those faults" remedy as we speak if it hasn't already.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:14 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe he's too busy instructing to txt back?

Bearing in mind that he's at it with that asking price, then it would be sauce for the gander to send some £300 / £400 'offers' from your Hugh Janus alt accounts to set your own anchor point.

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:53 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex-school bike...urgh, if you'd seen the abuse done to some school bikes by newbies, you'd stay well clear methinks. I remember the old CB500 from my bike school needing a new tank after it was pitched into a wall or something by a student rider.

Sure, the school might keep up with the maintenance but that isn't a factor that justifies a premium price but rather one of the bare minimum things I'd say an ex-school bike will need; to sell on the market!

You're making a heck of a commendable effort in thinking this through though, I can't help but feel that all this effort is more worthwhile spent on a newer/better-ish bike that won't have as many issues as an old GS500.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

So text the guy tell him I'll offer him a grand all being well with the bike to view as soon as possible and take of his hands?

Not really because that's still overpriced for the bike (In my opinion anyway).

What I mean is take that grand you have (or whatever max budget is) out in cash..... 20's not 50's because it looks thicker to wave at people.

I did this 3 weeks ago with £1800. I then spent a week refreshing gumtree and ebay hourly (my boss thought I was nuts). However I eventually found a 12000 miles GSXR1000 (with all the right mods) on gumtree at £2500 and ebay with bids starting at £1800. I went to see it, read through the tome of paperwork with it and as I was happy I pulled out my pile of cash. Sellers eyes did the cartoon bulge at the wad of money and I have never filled out a V5 and ridden off so fast before he could change his mind at selling it to me so stupidly cheap.

The above tale of win can apply to you. Just be patient, act quickly (before all the dreamers make offers/bids) and remember the worst that can happen is they say no, in which case you ride off on the lexmoto and carry on trying.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these are within 50 miles of that GS500, ads are less than 24 hours old and all are a far better buy than that GS.

FZS (scruffy) https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/fzs-600/1188054007

GSXF 750 (with A2 restrictor) https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-motorbikes/suzuki-gsxf-750f-a2-restrictor-included-/1187920342

ZXR400 (bit of an ugly duckling) https://www.gumtree.com/p/kawasaki-motorbikes/zxr-400-for-sale-12months-mot-a2-legal/1187921565

ER5 https://www.gumtree.com/p/kawasaki-motorbikes/kawasaki-er5-/1187968020

GPZ500 https://www.gumtree.com/p/kawasaki-motorbikes/kawasaki-gpz500s/1187988534

GSXF 600 https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-motorbikes/gsxr-600-f-suzuki/1187993453

In your shoes I'd be hurtling toward that GSXF 750 with a view to buy (at less than he is asking) if as described.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Training school bike that I rode has come up for sale, tis the reason I ask. Price seems steep and probably even more so for a school bike, the closer the a grand the better?

£1400? Whaaaaaaaat???

Last year I bought a mint Bandit K4 with a third of the miles on it for less than that. Fukkim right in the ear, I say. Or offer him the £600 it's actually worth.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:49 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
Last year I bought a mint Bandit K4 with a third of the miles on it for less than that. Fukkim right in the ear, I say. Or offer him the £600 it's actually worth.

You're a lucky boy! Very Happy
A local seller of a Bandit K4 I wanted back in May/June, cosmetically very rough (trust me, it looked very rough and would have needed a tyre and new chain at least) with a couple of months' MOT but mechanically sound, with about 40K on the clock, wanted a flat grand and that was it. I was willing to pay 800 but he politely insisted on £999. He was willing to talk all day but not budge from his asking price for that rust-bucket. And that was the cheapest Bandit I could find. I turned it down but it was by far the strongest candidate for me at the time.

Why? Because 'local' was important to me. I wasn't willing to go across the country by train to pick up a bike. I knew that if I was willing to take a train up north I could get an awesome bike for what I was willing to pay, but I wasn't prepared to do that at the time. And he knew that there was nothing in my surrounding area (big commuter town) or Greater London for less than about £1.2K (everyone does the same thing and does the 'within 25 miles' of postcode trick on Ebay and Gumtree, and comes up with a shortlist). A lot of bike buyers, like I was, are unwilling to look outside their local area. It's worth thinking about, when selling a bike. Also, the season. End or start of season makes a difference too.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Inset sleeping meme> still no response </fell asleep>

Thanks for the links wr but couldn't even get hold of a human at the insurance company via online chat nor phoning them nor via the callback service, bloody useless. Sure if someone made a claim against me they'd soon appear out their hiding hole. If I go private then I'll leave it until renewal time. Seems even when I do have money to soak up admin fee and whatever else they don't want to now, canne win.

I'm all for travelling for the right bike (well, I've give it a go at least once, why not?) since I had my tunnel vision removed and realised most the bargains where outside of where I live but not really a fan of the idea of travelling too far for a private bike, depends what comes up and all.

Same with dealers suppose, what's the views on this place? Wanted £100 for restriction and £100 delivery on the £1399 NA-4 CBF 600 and was interested until the GS came up and I got distracted. Quite far away but had planned to make a trip of it and use one of either of my two holidays to go in, probably us wr's method of hand full of cash, and walk away with something. Worth popping in for a look / trip or forget about the place and look closer to home?

I'm searching eBay for reasonable priced small outfits such as above to travel to when holiday arrives so feel free to link a place if you know one.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:43 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if it's any use what-so-ever, but an ER5 popped up on my Autotrader reminders (which I forgot to get rid of) this morning. It's somewhere near Thetford, so Norfolk/Suffolk border kinda way. Dunno where you are though.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609137722949?search-target=usedbikes&price-to=1000&cc-from=300cc&cc-to=800cc&searchcontext=savedsearchlink&sort=datedesc&page=1&radius=60&postcode=pe46ep&saved-search-id=2c929b5556a1aadf0156d278fa3c07e0&logcode=p&adPos=2

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Same with dealers suppose, what's the views on this place?

Budget Bikes. 20-odd miles from me, you can often see old bikes out the back of Blade that have been PX'd and then 2 weeks later turn up at Budget (so too old/rough for a shiny dealership). I know someone who had a decent experience but bikes that old you really are better off going private. A dealer is offering nothing other than a large mark up. If you want something there looked at I can probably be persuaded when I next have some days off.

I'd go wave £700 at the seller of that GSXF750 at that price you'd have enough change to insure and service it. My plan B would be to wave £600 at the seller of the GSXF600.

I also wouldn't entertain paying someone to restrict a bike. Lifting a tank, yanking off carbs, shoving in washers and reassembling takes under half an hour.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ER5 looks good, but the description is retarded.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:49 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was a bit vague.

This one also cropped up. A GS500 EX. Number plate is visible, so you can HPI check and get insurance quotes etc.
The area code is 0115, so I think it's Nottingham.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609117655732?search-target=usedbikes&price-to=1000&cc-from=300cc&cc-to=800cc&searchcontext=savedsearchlink&sort=datedesc&page=1&radius=60&postcode=pe46ep&saved-search-id=2c929b5556a1aadf0156d278fa3c07e0&logcode=p&adPos=3

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Budget Bikes. 20-odd miles from me, you can often see old bikes out the back of Blade that have been PX'd and then 2 weeks later turn up at Budget (so too old/rough for a shiny dealership). I know someone who had a decent experience but bikes that old you really are better off going private. A dealer is offering nothing other than a large mark up. If you want something there looked at I can probably be persuaded when I next have some days off.

Thanks for the offer but was more a passing thought and wanted to gauge opinion on the place and price of their bikes as for me the dealers 84 (est) miles away so isn't close to home at all. Cheap but long trip on coach or expensive and short trip on the train. Well, fiddy quid on the train so would have to be something worthwhile going to view to render spending that just to get there as too many trips like that and the budget soon decreases and becomes not worthwhile. Reason I considered them was because seemed more decently priced than others and popped out on the internet. Yes dealer and yes markup as we've discussed in depth with the Bandit hence why keep an eye out and see what's what.

Hadn't seen the ER-5 was to hooked on the CBF, is sold on deposit anyway. GPZ 500 might be worth a shot but I'm not exactly "act now" ready but can't hurt to keep on an eye on for when I am.

Thanks for the input and again offer, appreciated.

wr6133 wrote:
I'd go wave £700 at the seller of that GSXF750 at that price you'd have enough change to insure and service it. My plan B would be to wave £600 at the seller of the GSXF600.

Again private sales would have to be at renewal because as today proves even with the money to cough up for an admin fee + premium increase they (insurance) are still not contactable.

Even at renewal private sales unless A2 native or A2 restricted already are a pain because couldn't ride. On the plus side there's only one more year until can so at least in the short term future I can just turn up and ride away with whatever without any of this ballache, easier to do the wrong thing with A2 than it is the right.

wr6133 wrote:
I also wouldn't entertain paying someone to restrict a bike. Lifting a tank, yanking off carbs, shoving in washers and reassembling takes under half an hour.

I'd rather put the money into dealer so can say "yeah but what I was told by dealer that they make 47hp I know no different" as opposed to investing in a suspect set of random washers from guy on eBay. Restriction kits aren't exactly easy to get hold of. Well, there's the guy on eBay but beside those where exactly do you get the washers from? Only restrictions I've seen are on eBay of the old 33hp ECU's for fuel injected models that cost like £200 odd.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3