Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How has she not been shot yet?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: How has she not been shot yet? Reply with quote

Quote:
A new plan from Tory Home Secretary/Sith Lord Theresa May will require ISPs to retain one year's worth of Britons' online activity, and hand it over to the police and security services on demand, without a warrant.

https://boingboing.net/2015/10/30/uk-police-spies-will-have-wa.html

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:58 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously there will need be exemptions for politicians, judges, lawyers and police.

Anyway, what are you hiding?

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

You guys have only seen 1 of the nobcat.jpg images.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:12 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

V P N
P
N

Do they ever think any of this shit through? As usual actual scumbags can easily bypass the security measures and everyone else is affected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:13 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
V P N
P
N

Word on the street is that most VPNs use trackers/logging etc etc, making them useless.

However,
https://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-vpn-service-provider-review-2015-150228/

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Quote:
A new plan from Tory Home Secretary/Sith Lord Theresa May will require ISPs to retain one year's worth of Britons' online activity, and hand it over to the police and security services on demand, without a warrant.

A search engine for our brilliant police services* about your online activity.

* I'd just to like to say again how incredible, amazing, valued and brave our local police masters are, and how worshipful we are of your presence, just as we are of our masters in the GCHQ.

Rogerborg wrote:
Obviously there will need be exemptions for politicians, judges, lawyers and police.

What do I want to hide from Theresa Goebbels? Everything Thumbs Up

https://netpol.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/netpol3.png

https://666surveillancesystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/police-state-swat-when-did-this-become-this.jpg

https://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Checkpoint_RosevilleCA_20131026.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are all up in arms about this, something will be rushed through below the radar.

Then she will drop this snoopers charter and we will all be happy while the intelligence/police snoop away to their hearts content under the auspices of checking for sheep rustlers or something equally innocuous.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
While we are all up in arms about this, something will be rushed through below the radar.

Every single time they've been defeated on this they try to sneak it in via the back door somehow. Last time they tried to tag it on the end of something going to the house of Lords.

It's a very clear message that they really don't give a shit what the people want, they'll just keep trying until they get what they want.

They've already started seizing equipment, notebooks and research from journalists because they're too lazy, and too inept to do their own. I wonder how long before someone decides it's just too much.

Last edited by ScaredyCat on 16:46 - 31 Oct 2015; edited 1 time in total

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how cops on here feel about what their employers are doing to citizens rights? Thinking

Polarbear wrote:

Then she will drop this snoopers charter and we will all be happy while the intelligence/police snoop away to their hearts content under the auspices of checking for sheep rustlers or something equally innocuous.

That's a common tactic but with this law it seems they will just keep putting it to Parliament until it finally goes through. They can always hack dissenters computers, plant some terror plot plans or something, then come round for a raid.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I've been chatting about with with Ghostrider on FB today.
He said:-
Quote:
Well she made sure that homeopathy slid under the radar of the all encompassing "psychoactives" bill that bans anything psychoactive.

Which is something of a paradox, because since it doesn't work, then yes it should be excluded, but since she insists it be a treatment available on the NHS, and as we are supposed to use evidence based practice, then homeopathy must do.....something...and therefore should be banned - because how else is it treating depression otherwise?

This is the kind of retarded fuckmong you are dealing with

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 01 Nov 2015    Post subject: Re: How has she not been shot yet? Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Quote:

Pound to a penny those horrible faceless cvnts have been monitoring everybody since the day the net was switched on.
Does anybody really believe those cvnts are`nt watching, and that the piggies don`t have access to that information?

1984 has been and long passed!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 01 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
They only get to see the parent domain of the website, not what page you were viewing.
Unless you don't want people seeing that you frequently visit www.midgetsshagginganimals.com , why does this matter?

^^^

That's the "metadata doesn't matter" argument, which is entirely wrong.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:17 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
www.midgetsshagginganimals.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_prefetching
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

staffo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:53 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all this just stops one terrorist attack would it be worth it? Or helps the police convict a paedo so he stops hurting children?

I can see the benefit. My biggest worry would be how the ISP keeps this data safe. Without clarification on that its a big worry.
15:58:19 Ste: your spelling it worse than a retards.
15:58:23 Ste: *is

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:22 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I'm not sure why people are getting so upset about this.

Because folk imagine that They will actually be interested in snooping on them.

As far as I can see, what's being proposed is access-on-demand to a named individual's records. That's a very different thing from making everyone's records searchable.

The difference is:

"Gary Grass says this CaNsA fellow is up to no good, so let's get his records and see if he's been to howtogetawaywithadriveby.com"

vs

"Let's find out everyone who's been to howtogetawaywithadriveby.com then then smash their back doors in."

InB4: "if you don't care, post your browsing history."

You wouldn't be interested.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

staffy50 wrote:
If all this just stops one terrorist attack would it be worth it? Or helps the police convict a paedo so he stops hurting children?

I can see the benefit. My biggest worry would be how the ISP keeps this data safe. Without clarification on that its a big worry.

It's not just terrorism they say they need it for to defend against. Industrial cyber-espionage is a growing problem, especially from China and Russia, and I think this is one of their main motivations at the moment.

I'm still in two minds about this. Not concerned about them looking at my internet history personally, but there is always a worry of some kind of misuse - not like the authorities haven't been guilty of such things in the past, deliberately or otherwise. Even if it's not governmental bodies per se, there are always a few bad apples within those bodies. Not sure what exactly I'm uneasy about them misusing powers for, but you don't know till it hits you - 'accidental' revealing to a wide audience of an individual's bank details is one thing perhaps? Lack of trust is what it boils down to.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:30 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Not concerned about them looking at my internet history personally.

and I wouldn't personally be too bothered if a copper knocked at my door and asked to have a quick look round my house. That isn't the point though.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

staffy50 wrote:

Because people who are serious about blowing shit up or being a Gary Glitter are going to do that over an unencrypted, insecure connection...?

Aye, right.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:44 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite probably, you're under estimating the number of stupid people. Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Not concerned about them looking at my internet history personally.

and I wouldn't personally be too bothered if a copper knocked at my door and asked to have a quick look round my house. That isn't the point though.

I understand what you're saying, but if it could be shown to be absolutely necessary, as otherwise we'd all face serious consequences, then there could be a case for it. The world has changed since the end of the Cold War, and governments have to adapt to those changes if they are to defend our interests. Personally, I would be bothered if a copper knocked on my door and asked to look around, if he couldn't show a valid and convincing reason to do so, even though I have nothing to hide - it's more about the inconvenience.

But as Rogerborg says, no one is likely to be interested in the average Joe Bloggs unless he flags up in some other context to raise an interest/suspicion. I'd only be concerned with rogue individuals within the system abusing those powers. Well, at least, I've yet to read of a really powerful reason why I should be against it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

staffo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:29 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Because people who are serious about blowing shit up or being a Gary Glitter are going to do that over an unencrypted, insecure connection...?

Aye, right.

Bet there are a fair few who do, remember these are the sort of people who can radicalised online, they aint (sic) the smartest. But it might just be something like an innocuous search for twin flex wire on amazon, something like that, before they turned the VPN on connected to the neighbours wifi, that can all be added to the case.
15:58:19 Ste: your spelling it worse than a retards.
15:58:23 Ste: *is

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

staffy50 wrote:
Bet there are a fair few who do

You are Theresa May and I claim my 5 units of untraceable currency.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:41 - 02 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

staffy50 wrote:
an innocuous search for twin flex wire on amazon

https://i.imgur.com/fMv4KrU.png

Police
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 148 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6