Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Valencia GP (SPOILER ALERT)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Valencia GP (SPOILER ALERT) Reply with quote

Not everyone has access to this event live, so if you wish to post about the outcome, before the free to air highlights are shown, could you post either in this thread or in a thread which is clearly marked as a thread containing spoilers!

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER:

This Sunday, the championship will be over.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:28 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not everyone has access to this event live"

On BCF they do. Wink

Any thread about motogp is likely to contain spoilers so if someone doesn't want to know what happens before watching the race, they should probably stay out of all motogp threads. Wink

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the motogp threads I'm worried about, it's "OMG Rossi Wins!!!!! 10x world champ, OMG!!!!!!" type threads in General Chat.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true fan would pay for access to the live event ...

/gets coat.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting in there nice and early with the thread, Sid Laughing

After the build up of the last couple of races this best be a good end to the season!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general day to day life it can be difficult to avoid sports headlines, but I'll play ball (C wot I dun).

I'd booked the time off in the hope of going to Valencia but shite has transpired so guess I'll be watching it at home. Got 4 petrolhead friends coming over. Early on in the year I caught my girlfriend secretly watching a MotoGP race one evening so I'll record it for her, unusually it's the first time she's shown any interest in motorsport yet she knew foul play when she saw it at Sepang. Smile

I'm sure the meeting before the race will go well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS1kaUPWsAActnV.jpg:large

Quote:
On 2 November 2015, lawyers acting for Jorge Lorenzo filed a Request for Intervention in order to be
able to participate on his behalf in the CAS arbitration between Valentino Rossi and the FIM. This
afternoon, the CAS informed the parties that Mr Lorenzo’s request was denied. Accordingly, the CAS
arbitration will continue between Valentino Rossi and the FIM only

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Quote:
On 2 November 2015, lawyers acting for Jorge Lorenzo filed a Request for Intervention in order to be
able to participate on his behalf in the CAS arbitration between Valentino Rossi and the FIM. This
afternoon, the CAS informed the parties that Mr Lorenzo’s request was denied. Accordingly, the CAS
arbitration will continue between Valentino Rossi and the FIM only

Source?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:58 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sauce...

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/lorenzo-request-for-intervention-in-rossi-penalty-case-rejected/

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 03 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi..

should PM T.C. @bcf

Every little bit helps.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:15 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Crash.net: Valentino Rossi's appeal to suspend Sepang penalty has been rejected, will start Sunday's race from the back of the grid.

Sad

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
From Crash.net: Valentino Rossi's appeal to suspend Sepang penalty has been rejected, will start Sunday's race from the back of the grid.

Sad

Damn it. I was hoping it would be sorted out. Lets hope all the other GP riders saw the FB posts flying about and let Rossi past at the start...... Laughing Laughing Laughing

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
It's not the motogp threads I'm worried about, it's "OMG Rossi Wins!!!!! 10x world champ, OMG!!!!!!" type threads in General Chat.

Good idea Thumbs Up

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting aside the recent shenanigans, anyone feel like sticking their neck out with some predictions?

MotoGP (Barring DNF's)
1. Marquez
2. Pedrosa
3. Lorenzo
4. ???????
5. ???????
6. Rossi

Which would give VR the title.
There's going to be huge pressure on JLo, he has to finish on the podium to stand a chance of taking the title, (IMO)!
If JLo bins it in turn one, how many laps would VR bother doing, knowing the championship was his?

Not sure about Kent though, I really don't want him to end up as the, plucky, British runner up, but he's going to have to improve on his recent performances to avoid that, and, just like JLo, he cannot afford to DNF!

Moto2's a bit of a side show, all done and dusted, I'd like to see SL take a win, but his pace always seems to drop in the race!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, although I don't think Rossi will be champion.

I'd like him to win though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:24 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a good race!!

We need unexpected rain of biblical proportions in the last 5 laps to increase the tension.

Mr. Green

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forecast is cloudy on Sunday. Is god a Rossi fan.

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Putting aside the recent shenanigans, anyone feel like sticking their neck out with some predictions?

MotoGP (Barring DNF's)
1. Marquez
2. Pedrosa
3. Lorenzo
4. ???????
5. ???????
6. Rossi

Which would give VR the title.
There's going to be huge pressure on JLo, he has to finish on the podium to stand a chance of taking the title, (IMO)!
If JLo bins it in turn one, how many laps would VR bother doing, knowing the championship was his?

Not sure about Kent though, I really don't want him to end up as the, plucky, British runner up, but he's going to have to improve on his recent performances to avoid that, and, just like JLo, he cannot afford to DNF!

Moto2's a bit of a side show, all done and dusted, I'd like to see SL take a win, but his pace always seems to drop in the race!

Lets be honest, how often do you see Lorenzo crash nowadays, very rare, but having said that, anything can happen.

Just saw the FP times.....interesting Very Happy

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If JLo's sitting in third positition, towards the end of the race, his sphincter's going to be twitching like a rabid squirrel!

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rossi keeps improving his pace the way he did in FP2 then I don't think 4th position is an unreasonable expectation for the race.
Rossi needs lorenzo to crash in FP or Qualifying to knock his confidence a bit.

ScottT
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:24 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

MotoGP (Barring DNF's)
1. Marquez
2. Pedrosa
3. Lorenzo
4. ???????
5. ???????
6. Rossi

I'll agree with the top 3 but, Lorenzo has found twice this year getting his head down and charging off has cost him near the end when he's run out of tyres. He needs to play it safe.
Best option for Lorenzo is to sit behind the 2nd Honda and watch his pitboard and save his tyres. If he see Rossi P6 (or P7) with a couple of laps to go, then he knows he has to get past 1 Honda.

Looking at it and without any accidents 4th to 10th on the first few laps will be 2 Ducati's, 2 Yamaha's, 2 Suzuki's and Crutchlow, these are the people Rossi has to pass to win the title.
Baring an accident i would expect Rossi to be up with this group by lap 3 or 4 and will start picking them off, tyre management will be the key for Rossi, he's still going to need his tyres at the end just in case.

He should get to 6th by the end, then its down to if Lorenzo can pass one of the honda's, if he does Rossi wont get to 3rd, unless something strange happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

All other stuff aside, i'd like to see Rossi get his 10th .... just without all the carping that has taken place.

However he's going to have to work for it to get it as i can't see Lorenzo or Pedrosa or Marquez gifting it to him.

Petruci / Iannone are ones to watch out for as are Smith and Crutchlow if other people start doing stupid stuff.

Should be an epic race, hopefully free of dirty tactics and full of close racing!

ScottT
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:00 - 07 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

Should be an epic race, hopefully free of dirty tactics and full of close racing!

I just hope someone doesn't tangle with Rossi as he makes his way to the front, they will have to hide away and face the boo boys for the next few years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 07 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sponsors may be pulling out,for various reasons. Yamaha sponosrs are unhappy, Repsol is broke:

https://m.motomatters.com/analysis/2015/11/07/2015_valencia_motogp_friday_round_up_goo.html

CyrilSwan
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:59 - 07 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good sites to use to stream the race tomorrow?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 166 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5