Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Valencia GP (SPOILER ALERT)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

drzsta
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquez was obviously protecting lorenzo. he had the pace to get past, showed when pedrosa got close.

#46 will be the champion in my mind this year.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was all a bit fucking tense wasn't it?

drzsta wrote:
Marquez was obviously protecting lorenzo. he had the pace to get past, showed when pedrosa got close.

#46 will be the champion in my mind this year.

<tinfoil hat> Obviously. </tinfoil hat>

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:58 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, Marquez played the good little Spaniard and didn't make one attempt to pass Lorenzo Rolling Eyes

To be honest though, even starting at the front Rossi wouldn't have been able to stick with the front 3. Lorenzo isn't the most likeable but he's been consistently very, very fast since the first few races, more so than Rossi.

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty obvious to me. Since when does Marquez have the pace to sit right behind someone for an entire race but never even attempt a pass?

Not a credible outcome to the championship IMO. Thumbs Down

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was never destined to be credible once Vale lost the plot 3 days before the race in Malaysia.

I enjoyed the Valencia race. So near yet so far.
As for #93 not trying to overtake Lorenzo on purpose..... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CyrilSwan
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:39 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
It was never destined to be credible once Vale lost the plot 3 days before the race in Malaysia.

I enjoyed the Valencia race. So near yet so far.
As for #93 not trying to overtake Lorenzo on purpose..... Laughing

Finally. Thought I was on my own. Vale screwed himself in Sepang.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen on BT that Neil Hodgson thinks MM was going easy on Lorenzo too. Valid point I reckon, for various reasons. Would have definitely been the bad guy if he'd punted him off...

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Rossi, he never wins by being fastest, only by slowing others and forcing mistakes, the same thing he accuses Marquez. Opposite of Lorenzo, who I'd like to win. To be such a cunt as to kick another off a bike, I hope he gets the same and some injury with it.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing all the lap times my take on it was that both Hondas struggled all weekend. You could see Marquez losing traction as the Yamaha fired out of the corners and with the metronome of Lorenzo putting in fastest lap after fastest lap passing him would be a win it or bin it move. Marquez has recently said he's learned that sometimes coming fourth is enough in a championship.
If it was a title decider between #99 vs #93 on the last lap I'd expect the baby faced assassin to punt Lorenzo wide. It wasn't and I honestly think that Marquez just couldn't risk another incident, especially with grip problems and 'SeBang'.
Dani did conserve his tyres and still left it too late. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:48 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
I don't like Rossi, he never wins by being fastest, only by slowing others and forcing mistakes, the same thing he accuses Marquez. Opposite of Lorenzo, who I'd like to win. To be such a cunt as to kick another off a bike, I hope he gets the same and some injury with it.

Yes he has won 9 world titles, 100+ GPs, and is widely recognised as the best ever, all because he trips up other riders. How can you even win by not being fastest?

FWIW I don't think he's the best ever. Agostini is there and for pure talent (and who he had to beat), I'd put Freddie Spencer above Rossi.

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
I don't like Rossi, he never wins by being fastest, only by slowing others and forcing mistakes, the same thing he accuses Marquez. Opposite of Lorenzo, who I'd like to win. To be such a cunt as to kick another off a bike

Get the fuck out you dense cunt, no one was kicked.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:30 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam_ wrote:
Get the fuck out you dense cunt

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Boris the spider
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:43 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM never raced today... Oh wait.

He did at the end when Pedrosa caught him and went past.

Tosspot

Boris the spider
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:44 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam_ wrote:
kramdra wrote:
I don't like Rossi, he never wins by being fastest, only by slowing others and forcing mistakes, the same thing he accuses Marquez. Opposite of Lorenzo, who I'd like to win. To be such a cunt as to kick another off a bike

Get the fuck out you dense cunt, no one was kicked.

Spot on
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quote from Lorenzo today after the race.

https://twitter.com/filippomricci/status/663366348064563201?s=09

"We are Spaniards and this title was to remain in Spain. The Italians would have done the same with Valentino"

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rossi speaking to press. Always starts in English, this time he starts in Italian. Launches full attack on Marquez.
Rossi says never seen behavior like this. Marquez behavior is an embarrassment for the sport and for everyone.
Rossi barely mentioning Lorenzo. Only blaming Marquez for costing him the championship.

You lost Vale. If you'd qualified better during the season you may of won it .

Quote:
he just said LorenZo is stupid...
Laughing

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:38 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: motogp Reply with quote

Time to retire now Rossi you've had your day, now fuck off and let the younger faster racers compete without you're dirty tricks Cool

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such passion doesn't stop me being correct.
Rossi is still very much fast enough to fight another year.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:50 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Just seen on BT that Neil Hodgson thinks MM was going easy on Lorenzo too. Valid point I reckon, for various reasons. Would have definitely been the bad guy if he'd punted him off...

James Ellison agrees:
"That could have been such an awesome last lap if MM wasnt busy protecting JL. DP had pace to win and so did MM Shame on you. #unprofessional"

Glenn Irwin:
"Today I lost all respect for @marcmarquez93 . Terrible to see what should/could have been a repsol 1-2 spoiled by you. Shame on you #fix"

Mat Oxley:
"Just spoke to Josh Brookes, who believes MM stayed behind JL on purpose. So there you go. But he did say he's a big VR fan.

Then a spoke to a former 500 world champ who said the same, that MM was JL's guardian angel."

So that's multiple racers and champions, who all know a lot more than us, saying that Marquez could have done more.

MPD: Maybe, maybe not. I'm just basing that on practice and other races where he's often been a few tenths shy. Not that it matters now.

CyrilSwan
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:00 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say Marquez did protect Lorenzo...

Vale still fucked up with what he did in Sepang. Took it out of his hands.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5