BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bought a 'Blade

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:21 - 16 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thepuma is a self centred little wipe of semen on a bed sheet. I'd pay no attention to him. He's gone and bought 3 boring ass bikes in a row. Surprised he's still alive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Carvel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 16 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my Cbr600 from a pregnant woman. It rides like new at 40,000 miles.

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 17 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bikes and good value. A future classic in my opinion because of how capable it is on British roads with the best blend of characteristics. The chassis is pretty much tight like a 600, but you have the drive of a litrebike.

But please do get rid of the Dunlop D207s! They are terrible in the wet and terrible in the dry! Surprisingly, if you want to go Dunlops, the Sportsmarts and Sportsmart IIs suit the bike exceptionally well and play into its sweet, neutral handling.

I'd say spend a bit of time tweaking the suspension and get it dialled for your riding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 18 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:

I take it they're old/terrible tyres in need of replacing?

Yes.

They will be 10years old now and were never great when new.

APT Motorcycles

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 19 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikes back, extremely clean and feels nice. It's also surprisingly comfortable in terms of riding position but, the seat itself isn't as comfy as my GSXRs. Haven't had a chance to rip the fairings off to see if they're genuine as there's no space to do it in the garage (the Blade only just fits in there) and it's been shit weather to do it outside.

Now I've got the bike and I'm not using it till around Februaury (commuting on the GSXR in the mean time), I plan to do a few things to it in the time it's off the road.

-Change the tyres (Thinking Pilot Power 3 or Metzeler M7RR's)
-Crash Bungs
-Steering Damper (read the bike really benefits from one)
-Louder Can (was thinking A16 Ti/Carbon GP can) & Black R&G exhaust hanger
-Possibly a double bubble screen, will see how this screen feels first
-I may also replace the chain if I have spare cash, as i really dislike it

Few pictures...

https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/7436470888f3bb1aa826ce11d89b9e9d_zpszwuofnsi.jpg
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/95b6e7b46a54c63f01538b0fb1348fe0_zpscp6zz4yp.jpg
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/fb195ed6aefe1e2bf14a73e7a9ff242a_zpsfnn2qx4g.jpg
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/Screenshot_2015-11-15-18-50-34_zpsahurzktv.png
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/cd75697b8734975e73f13e218251c8f7_zpsljcx7odg.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2