|
|
| Author |
Message |
| MC900 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MC900 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 21 Jan 2014 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:27 - 27 Dec 2015 Post subject: Ongoing YBR 125 07 problem. |
 |
|
Right so today I tried starting my bike and it wouldnt have it. Eventually after me putting it in gear and clutch in it started. I believe that was a coincidence though because after filling up at a petrol station it wouldnt start again in gear or neutral.
This problem doesnt happen all the time, it can go weeks without happening or happen once then start the 2nd time. It doesnt seem to be weather/temp related as it happens when cold or hot starting.
Ive had this problem for a while along with another problem which is probably related. My bike would cut out and not start, or if it did start it would cut out couple of seconds down the road and struggle to start again. I recently had the fuel injector cleaned and my bike started running after being unable to get it going for a few days, but the bike still sometimes struggles to start and still cuts out mostly when first starting it up from cold.
Things ive done to the bike.
Replaced spark plug
Had fuel injector cleaned
Had neutral switch replaced because that broke
I have took the bike to 2 garages and none of them know what is wrong with the bike. The first garage reckons it is the piston rings worn out (a few other mechanics including the 2nd garage told me that its definitely not that). The 2nd garage couldnt find any problems with the bike, the mechanic had a test ride and it cut out on him but he didnt know what it was and told me to take it to a main dealer if it keeps happening.
If anyone can help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated because its ongoing and pissing me off ;p. I have a video of today when it struggled to start, maybe it will help. Cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-bzf4RMzsM ____________________ Current Ride: Fazer 600 (02) & YBR125 (07) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tierbirdy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tierbirdy Crazy Courier

Joined: 25 Jun 2014 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:34 - 27 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had a similar-ish problem with my old YBR, bit of a long shot but have you checked the battery? With mine it turned out I didnt realise I had an old fashioned battery you had to top up... and it was almost bone dry. Was fine after I topped it up with distilled water.
Like I said, probably isnt the problem and bit of a long shot, but you never know  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| B0ndy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 B0ndy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 25 May 2015 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:50 - 27 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
sounds ermm random, abit like the problems in this thread (https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=306557&highlight=cbr+125).
I did want to suggest cdi in the thread above after I read it, but I didn't want to be the guy recommending it to find out it doesn't fix it
Like the chap with the cbr, do you have a mate with a ybr who's willing to swap CDIs with you? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC900 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MC900 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 21 Jan 2014 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:46 - 27 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
My battery is a maintenance free one so doesn't need topping up but cheers
I don't have a friend with a ybr so I'm unable to swap parts. Any other ideas would be appreciated  ____________________ Current Ride: Fazer 600 (02) & YBR125 (07) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SIG1981 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SIG1981 Derestricted Danger
Joined: 09 Dec 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC900 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MC900 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 21 Jan 2014 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SIG1981 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SIG1981 Derestricted Danger
Joined: 09 Dec 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MC900 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MC900 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 21 Jan 2014 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 10 years, 278 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|