Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Samsung opening their own stores

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 04 Dec 2015    Post subject: Samsung opening their own stores Reply with quote

I got an email from Samsung saying they are opening a store in MK (I presume because I have a Galaxy5 they sent me this)

https://eu.my-samsung.com/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=6yz6CHt5d_hiSvGkOuYm8arMqdnsWhM9PTcPZ5a5Dybck_FkYhSbHno2D6ld1GRhS_ukr_7m6QEqZLSJUNlOiqtgGjYsS

I didn't know they had their own shops so is this something new or are there dedicated Samsung stores all over the country?

Are they going head to head with Apple?

Why do I care? Well, I like techno shops even if I'm not very good with technology Laughing
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

t121anf
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 04 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

iirc Newcastle has one, been there a few years now.

Don't venture to the dark side often...full of weirdos.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 04 Dec 2015    Post subject: Re: Samsung opening their own stores Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
https://eu.my-samsung.com/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=6yz6CHt5d_hiSvGkOuYm8arMqdnsWhM9PTcPZ5a5Dybck_FkYhSbHno2D6ld1GRhS_ukr_7m6QEqZLSJUNlOiqtgGjYsS


Quote:
All Samsung Stores are operated by Carphone Warehouse
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 04 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
iirc Newcastle has one, been there a few years now.

Don't venture to the dark side often...full of weirdos.


we went in last week .. they are some how linked in withcarphone warehouse .. the girl could not have been more helpful .. didn`t even buy the phone off them either....
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 04 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung really wants its own ecosystem, like Apple has. They're not doing well enough in the mobile market anymore. The fact is though, when all manufacturers ship the same OS, how do you really stand out? If they're attempting to go down that route at all, it makes sense to have a "Samsung Store", just like you have an "Apple Store".

I have heard rumours that Samsung is considering developing its own mobile OS to compete, however I don't know how true this really is.

https://www.mondaynote.com/2015/06/22/samsungs-mobile-os-dilemma/
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 05 Dec 2015    Post subject: Re: Samsung opening their own stores Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
https://eu.my-samsung.com/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=6yz6CHt5d_hiSvGkOuYm8arMqdnsWhM9PTcPZ5a5Dybck_FkYhSbHno2D6ld1GRhS_ukr_7m6QEqZLSJUNlOiqtgGjYsS


Quote:
All Samsung Stores are operated by Carphone Warehouse


OK I should read everything carefully Embarassed
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Going
Nearly there...



Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:13 - 05 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.M. wrote:
Samsung really wants its own ecosystem, like Apple has. They're not doing well enough in the mobile market anymore. The fact is though, when all manufacturers ship the same OS, how do you really stand out? If they're attempting to go down that route at all, it makes sense to have a "Samsung Store", just like you have an "Apple Store".

I have heard rumours that Samsung is considering developing its own mobile OS to compete, however I don't know how true this really is.

https://www.mondaynote.com/2015/06/22/samsungs-mobile-os-dilemma/


Lots of major brands have their own stores already although I think Sony have closed a lot of theirs.

It's called Tizen and came out a few years ago.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.08 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 54.31 Kb