Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kawasaki Fury 125 gear shift help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

KingofNy914
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 04:17 - 12 Dec 2015    Post subject: Kawasaki Fury 125 gear shift help Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to this biker thing, I've just bought my Kawasaki fury 125 2015 about a week ago. I'm still getting used to the gear shifting, there's no clutch so it makes it easier. I know how to drive stick but I'm from the US and it's different here in the Philippines since its kph instead of mph. Can you give me some advice on gear shift timing cuz I can't seem to shift to 4th gear which is the top gear. I start off at 1st gear shift to 2nd at around 23-30kph. I'll shift to 3rd around 40-50.. But everytime I'm going about 60-65kph and try to shift to 4th it doesn't seem to want to shift so I shift back down to 3rd cuz it makes a bad noise. Please give me some advice and gear/kph ratios. Thanks in advance!

So far this is what I've been doing
1st 0-23kph
2nd 23-40kph
3rd 40-60kph
4th ???

Remember all fast money no slow bucks! Mr. Green

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 04:28 - 12 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably shifting too early. According to a quick Google, it should top out at over 100kph. Try shifting later so your revs don't drop really low cause you have no torque down low on a 125 and it'll struggle to pull unless you keep revs high. Add 5-10kph to each shift if you don't have a tach on this bike, and shift into 4th at around 80kph.

General rule of thumb when shifting, especially without a tach, shift when the bike starts to scream a bit more than it should, and cruise at a rev range that doesn't sound like the bike is struggling.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1